GUILTY IN - Christian Choate, 13, starved, beaten to death, Gary, April 2009

As far as the handwriting analysis, according to the affidavit posted by Bessie (Thank you Bessie) they stated there were several personal letters recovered by Christian.. so maybe they are trying to rule out Kim and Riley as authors?

Wow, in reading that affidavit, his sister was MUCH more involved in the beatings than previously said. In one case even Kim told her to stop choking him. Then according to another child in the house (Tanya) it was his sister, Christina that choked him to death.. thats how he died...

According to Tayna, Christina was in charge of feeding Christian but threw his food away and Tayna told and the sister was beaten.

It also states that according to other children in the home, Christian's ice cold baths were a no no and she was punished for it..However, the day before he died he had another ice bath and went into shock.

It goes on and on... I definitely expect some sort of charges against the sister Christina after reading that. Hitting him with metal poles, etc.. UGH!

There's a lot more you will never know about,as a lot of people won't talk....
3 cases I just found out about have been found only because it suited 2 of them to talk...
1) Zarah step mom(but only parts she wanted to found)
2) Erica's adopted dad(as only he knew)
3)Christina told where christian could be found,and I'm grateful that he was recovered..

OH My. I don't know what to say. Quite a large group to be keeping such nasty secrets... This is hard to swallow. I have been following this for a while but am just now reading this document. This little girl is very troubling. All of these kids need immediate attention and longterm monitoring I'm afraid. But this sister is far beyond "in trouble". She really needs to face the music on this herself.

Definitely needing help,all of them children

RBBM

I agree, I do have empathy for her however because I feel like she never had a chance to see the beauty in life, or in her brother's life. To be raised to be so callous, hardhearted, and unfeeling...for the rest of her life she will have to live with the fact that she tortured her brother, that she had a hand in killing him, and in the coverup of his death... May Christian and the Divine have mercy.
She was a child raised to believe that that was acceptable behavior.

Reminds me of Erica's stepbrother, he said he was made to beat her from age 5 he said he stopped at 16 as he didn't like or want to hurt her no more,he had a falling out with his mother,so went to live with uncle and he told his uncle..

I'm a former foster parent . The social workers can ask to go inside ,but without a warrant they can't force it.They can get LE involved and get a warrant,but have to have grounds. : (
It's extremely frustrating.

They need to change this rule,let CP's in straight away and unannounced, will save a lot of children this way,as they would only keep them out of their homes or move when they got something to hide,also child should be seen on each visit,as they do lock the child up,hide the child,or both..

A former Black Oak man charged with murder in his son’s death faces a high-level felony sex charge involving a girl in Kentucky

Prosecutors seeking to avoid from having to disclose the victim’s address indicated in a court filing that Choate is charged with the equivalent in Indiana of criminal deviate conduct, a Class A felony punishable by a sentence range of 20 to 50 years. The filing argued that revealing the vicitm’s address would endanger her and potentially subject her to intimidation.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/lake/8345955-418/riley-choate-faces-sex-charge-in-kentucky.html

Asked and answered I guess. These people are serious menaces and should never ever ever be allowed out of jail. Actually I would be fine with them being executed.
There would be a lot people willing and happy to execute them people,after there had a taste of their own medicine...

I can understand her taking a plea deal...getting them responsible it priority..

The stepmother <snip> has pleaded guilty to neglect and agreed to testify against the boy's father when he's tried for murder and other charges.

The Times of Munster reports 46-year-old Kimberly Kubina also agreed to serve 25 to 35 years in prison. She's due to be sentenced Aug. 28.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/indiana/slain-gary-boys-mom-admits-to-neglect

Very short article, tried to snip as much as I could to stay w/in tos.

Anyone familiar with IN law? Is this 25-35 years a mandatory full sentence or does she get time off for good behavior? If there is time off for reduced sentencing what is it?

I'm ok with the 25-35 years provided she has to serve the full time.

There should be no time off for good behaviour in these cases

So sad,sorry for your loss
R I P Christian Choate..x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member