fam thinks perp entered window open

last they talked to her ws thur when she entered apt

real clues come from nbrs

ppl have to think back to what they saw

fam doesnt want perp out to do to someone else

1996 grad dang it lost from where think they said purde

over sorry for crappy posting cant type fast seems no new info

oh her car is at the lab for testing

Thanks for the update Indy Gal - no TV here at work - going home now to see if there's anything else on TV later about this.

Indy, you be careful now.

She looked like anybody's neighbor, wife, friend, etc. So pretty and apparently satisfied with life. If she left the window open for her cat to get in and out, was it mesh covered or what??

I am being careful!! No one I mean no one is coming in my house uninvited and leaving walking, PROMISE!! LOLOLOL

I dont think it was ld, the way I read it it was open for her cats to come in and out. Also looking at the photos from the apts, looks like they were just windows, no screens.

It appears that the neighbors are all close by.........wondering why no one had not noticed that she wasn't "around" for 3 or 4 days until she was found???? I mean don't you think the cats were running around over the weekend??

Indy, just read that she was from Ohio. Do you happen to know where from where in Ohio?? I live in Ohio.

I just came from the Topix site you had linked Indy. All I can say, how sad that people have to talk about politics at a site were family members are reading for solace, comfort, etc.

I posted as you did offering my condolences and sme type of comfort, but it appears to have gone by the wayside. Pleae keep us posted on this case. I pray that the perpetuator is caught SOON!!!

Not living there, what size was the window?? According to what I have read, the window was put in a position so that the cats could go in and out.

I have 3 cats and I put the window/screen/ up about 20" for my largest cat to get out.

Even allowing that, I hike it up a notch or two, still it would take a slim person to medium slim person to get through the window.

But the cats could have been larger, this has not been mentioned yet.

Unfortunately, it probably won't make a difference as I feel the boyfriend was involved somehow in this tragic event.

Seems to me the politics are keeping this story out of the light! My opinion only of course but nothing new to report sadly!!

I do hope that they find this creep soon. I wonder if they have a POI at this point. Any information at this point would be nice. Her poor parents have to be going out of there minds. My prayer are with them!!!

It appears that the police have talked with everyone that is known but doesn't say that anyone of them appear to be a POI.

So I see one or two scenarios, one: someone specifically followed her home and saw the window open for entry........ two: burglary was on the perp's mind and was peeking into windows to see if someone was home or not, and unfortunately she suprised them. (Maybe she was in the shower).

JMO

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2007/11/09/ddn110907twodeaths.html

Pepper was a 1980 graduate of Kettering Fairmont West High School and a Purdue University alum. She worked at Methodist Hospital as an administrative assistant and volunteered for many charitable organizations.
Pepper's mother, Dorothy, said her daughter spoke with her via cell phone about 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 25 as she drove to her apartment from a fundraiser.
Pepper didn't show up for work Friday, for a Purdue football game Saturday or work Monday. Her boyfriend asked an apartment employee to check on her, Dorothy Pepper said. Police found the body.
Her door was locked and apparently nothing had been stolen, said Sgt. Matthew Mount, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. Fliers have been distributed in the neighborhood and a $15,000 reward is posted.
There are no suspects, he said.

How sad for both of these families that there has been no progress in almost a month!!

Indy: I am assuming that LE talked with the guests that were at the fundraiser? Maybe someone there followed her home?? Where was the fundraiser held at? Is it in an area where there are known sex offenders? We know she was stabbed, but if nothing was missing, then I am thinking that she was probably raped also.

If her door was locked, then she let in someone she knew, who then exited via the open window, or the perp got in through the open window and exited same.

But why, if nothing was taken?? Just for the fun of strangulation??

DNA Leads To Arrest In '07 Slaying
Police: Man Killed Woman In Her Apartment

POSTED: 10:03 am EDT March 27, 2009
UPDATED: 12:38 pm EDT March 27, 2009
[NEWSVINE: DNA Leads To Arrest In '07 Slaying] [DELICIOUS: DNA Leads To Arrest In '07 Slaying] [DIGG: DNA Leads To Arrest In '07 Slaying] [FACEBOOK: DNA Leads To Arrest In '07 Slaying] [REDDIT: DNA Leads To Arrest In '07 Slaying] [RSS] [PRINT: DNA Leads To Arrest In '07 Slaying] [EMAIL: DNA Leads To Arrest In '07 Slaying]
INDIANAPOLIS -- DNA evidence led to the arrest of a man in connection with the 2007 fatal stabbing of a woman in her Broad Ripple apartment.

Nathan Anderson, 22, was taken into custody in Longview, Texas, and was brought back to Indianapolis overnight.

Police said Anderson killed Jane Pepper (pictured), 44, in October 2007. Anderson was convicted in December 2008 of criminal confinement in Indianapolis. A DNA swab was taken at the time of his conviction, which led investigators to him in the Pepper case in February.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/19027668/detail.html#-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back