GUILTY IN - Jeremy, 21, & Kyleigh Crane, 7, found murdered, Cumberland, 9 Dec 2011

How old was he uncle? I guess I did not catch that he was only in his early 20's?

Like you, I think Jeremy was a really decent kid did nothing more than allow who he thought was a friend into his home, while not realizing he was allowing the devil to enter. My heart just went out to the parents and Grandmother as I watched them on the news. No one deserves the pain this killer has inflicted on this family.

he may have not even let him in but just answered the door and was confronted with a gun in his face

I wonder if he knew them? LE not saying what the motive is for now...meaning they know?

It is just my opinion that this Michael Bell was staying in the area with friends and that Jeremy knew him. He could have worked at MCL who hires lots of busser's and servers. Or Bell might have met Jeremy through a mutual friend. Also, and this is just my opinion that thie Bell was living in the 42nd and Post Road area with friends. Police didn't just pick out that area to target in an arrest, they probably had a tip. About the death penalty. If Bell is convicted he likely will receive the death penalty. But if he gets a plea bargain it might be life without parole. I am interested in finding out his motive for this act.

It is just my opinion that this Michael Bell was staying in the area with friends and that Jeremy knew him. He could have worked at MCL who hires lots of busser's and servers. Or Bell might have met Jeremy through a mutual friend. Also, and this is just my opinion that thie Bell was living in the 42nd and Post Road area with friends. Police didn't just pick out that area to target in an arrest, they probably had a tip. About the death penalty. If Bell is convicted he likely will receive the death penalty. But if he gets a plea bargain it might be life without parole. I am interested in finding out his motive for this act.

Apparently he did know Bell, from school, according to the article a few posts up...:(

Here are some additional articles about the person under arrest.

fran

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=8257395&nav=9TahaFUO
Warren Central teen acquitted in rape case
Updated: May 27, 2008 12:41 PM PDT

Guess they either didn't believe this second victim either, or didn't admit this into evidence. :( Now look what he's gone and done, allegedly.

http://www.wthr.com/story/6498787/girl-says-teen-accused-in-rape-also-assaulted-her
Girl says teen accused in rape also assaulted her
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:07 PM PDT
Updated: Aug 03, 2009 1:38 PM PDT

"His reputation at the time - he was trouble," said the former Warren Central student, who wishes to remain anonymous.

and

"I was trying to pull his arm. He's stronger than me. I can't do it. The walls are rough. So maybe if I scrape his arm he'll just stop, because nobody likes to be hurt," she said. "I ended up landing on the floor. We both did. We're both sitting on the ground and he just leans over and bites me."

Afraid to report the incident at school, she went home and told her mother.

"You could definitely tell; it was teeth marks. I was infuriated. I was just so furious with the whole situation," said the girl's mother.

http://www.wthr.com/story/6498787/girl-says-teen-accused-in-rape-also-assaulted-her

regarding Michael Bell

Here's a link to a recent article, where a local businessman offered his own $10K reward leading to the arrest. Nice guy, IMHO

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/loca...ues?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true
Businessman hopes $10K reward leads to breaks in deaths of girl, uncle

First of all, in this article linked, it says he was taken into custody at the jail. So he turned himself in, but he was already there? Perhaps he was at the residence where they had police action and taken in for questioning. He knew his goose was cooked.

PERHAPS someone took this guy up on his $10K reward. Fine with me. Whatever it takes!

JMHO
fran

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30023644/detail.html
Michael Bell, 22, Turned Himself In To Police Early Sunday, Investigators Say

Why is this ringing a bell? Tell me this isn't the kid who gained community support and was featured on the front pages of some mags and papers as a poor victim of the justice system.

Cumberland Police say 22-year-old Michael Bell turned himself into police around 2:00 a.m. Sunday. Investigators have not released any details on his role in the crime.

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry told FOX 59 News that a second suspect has been taken into custody. That person has not been identified.

"In addition, a weapon has been recovered that ballistics confirmed this morning as the murder weapon," said Prosecutor Curry.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wxin-arres...double-homicide-case-20111218,0,5397989.story

Leads me to believe accomplice was a juvenile

Cumberland Police Chief Mike Crooke said detectives were interviewing Crane's coworkers at MCL Cafeteria at Washington Square Mall for any possible role Crane's job as a manager may have played in his death.

Crooke also said the proximity of the Berkshire Square Apartments across Woodlark Drive from Crane's home may also have played a role in the killings. Bell reportedly lived in those apartments while attending high school.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wxin-arres...double-homicide-case-20111218,0,5397989.story

Why?!?!

I just don't get it.....Did this moron really think he was making a fair trade shooting two people to get a couple gaming consoles?

It doesn't make sense unless he's got really extreme mental problems beyond hope. Where are his parents? What was his upbringing like?

:cow: Although Mr. Bell was acquitted on the rape charges, acquittal does not equal innocence.

I think this murder exhibits the sort of bold, brazen behavior you see when someone has gotten away with too much for too long.

:cow: Although Mr. Bell was acquitted on the rape charges, acquittal does not equal innocence.

I think this murder exhibits the sort of bold, brazen behavior you see when someone has gotten away with too much for too long.

If you drive through this area(at your own risk) where Bell lives you will see many youth hanging on street corners with nothing to do. Instead of looking for something to do it is easier to lounge around and complain. This was once a very nice area but through the years has bocome an urban ghetto. The apartments where Bell was living in his HS years is, I think, on Germanchurch Road. I noticed a trend several years ago that this crime rtidden area was moving farther east into Cumberland. Warren Central HS(which is a good drive west of this area) might have been so fond of their sports program that they probably dismissed any and all claims against anyone who engaged in sports, MOO on this part. If Jeremy was in management at MCL he was very top notch as they are very choosy in who they allow in management being a family cafeteria. It is a darn shame that Bell has been allowed to run wild all this time. I say this because who knows how many crimes he has commited that we know nothing of.

Why?!?!

I just don't get it.....Did this moron really think he was making a fair trade shooting two people to get a couple gaming consoles?

It doesn't make sense unless he's got really extreme mental problems beyond hope. Where are his parents? What was his upbringing like?

He could possibly have nice caring parents, we just don't know but it is my bet that he had little parenting and raised in a home of many children where he was turned loose to fend for himself.

Cumberland Police say 22-year-old Michael Bell turned himself into police around 2:00 a.m. Sunday. Investigators have not released any details on his role in the crime.

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry told FOX 59 News that a second suspect has been taken into custody. That person has not been identified.

"In addition, a weapon has been recovered that ballistics confirmed this morning as the murder weapon," said Prosecutor Curry.

Leads me to believe accomplice was a juvenile

They idenitfied him now. From same article:

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry told FOX 59 News that a second suspect has been taken into custody. That person is identified as 25-year-old Jeremy Priel of Indianapolis. Priel was arrested at 9:31 a.m. Sunday.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-arre...double-homicide-case-20111218,0,2929502.story

so these 22 year old and 25 year old men had nothing better to do with their time or their lives than to break into a home and murder in cold blood a hard working young man and a 7 year old sick child. For a cel phone and some video games.

Man, something is seriously wrong with this world. :banghead:

This poor family.

so these 22 year old and 25 year old men had nothing better to do with their time or their lives than to break into a home and murder in cold blood a hard working young man and a 7 year old sick child. For a cel phone and some video games.

Man, something is seriously wrong with this world. :banghead:

This poor family.

Was it confirmed that they broke in?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member