IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay y'all. Sorry about the confusion of which building. I am getting the info now. One second!

This is the VFW (confirmed by a local):

Attachments

• VFW.jpg
    VFW.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 852
I think it is right by where the map pointed. I remember a local (sorry, don't remember who) that posted a picture of the back of the VFW. The street view of that building is the picture they showed us!

ETA: Local says no, that's not it.

Uh..what? LOL. Okay, very confused now. Locals help us, please! :)

Here is the info I received. Far left door on side enters into the bingo hall. The other door on that side is a door and full length window that leads into the bar via a 5x5 foyer. The other door, on the front, also leads to the bar.

Okay, this is another shot of the VFW:
VFW2.jpg

I haven't been there, but I believe it's about half way down vfw rd. I think someone posted that the building further back was a picnic shelter. I read that somewhere. I think blueherring was providing info on the vfw?

Uh..what? LOL. Okay, very confused now. Locals help us, please! :)

The building we were looking at (with dark grey roof) on the big map I posted, is not the VFW. It is down the road a little bit with a brown roof. See my next posts. :) Sorry!!

Okay, one more question....just trying to get my thoughts straight. The second surveillance video was from the TF too, right? And what street was that vehicle captured by surveillance traveling on? Was it 8th Street?

Honestly after looking at camera locations today I'm really confused about which rd the second one is on.

Honestly after looking at camera locations today I'm really confused about which rd the second one is on.

Well...if YOU are confused then what does that make me? Answer: even more confused. :gaah:

(Can't imagine trying to make sense of any of this without you. Thank you for all you do to help me get my thoughts in order blueherring!) ;)

Well...if YOU are confused then what does that make me? Answer: even more confused. :gaah:

(Can't imagine trying to make sense of any of this without you. Thank you for all you do to help me get my thoughts in order blueherring!) ;)

I'm sorry.

Again, sorry to quote my own post but I am curious as to where all on this map there is parking for the South Side bar. Is it only in the area where the cars are parked directly behind the bar? Is there overflow parking across the street? I know that they were having a big event there on 8/16 per their FB page.

Parking is directly across street from front door of bar. That would be East of bar. Part is on corner of walnut and second (south east corner) and other is between the two buildings that are across entrance of bar. Some also park in spaces which is behind building directly across street from front entrance. Also if really busy night, you can park on south of building which requires crossing that cross street (walnut). Some also just park along street if empty spot on third st.

Parking is directly across street from front door of bar. That would be East of bar. Part is on corner of walnut and second (south east corner) and other is between the two buildings that are across entrance of bar. Some also park in spaces which is behind building directly across street from front entrance. Also if really busy night, you can park on south of building which requires crossing that cross street (walnut). Some also just park along street if empty spot on third st.

Great job!

To answer the car question. Sure, silver is gonna reflect and be spotted easier than a dark color car for sure. Be careful when looking at earth views though, lots of the images are both dated and taken in winter. Obviously the foliage coverage and what fields look like will be completely different now than in winter.

I'm not sure if it was sorted out where the VFW is located, but I thought I'd try to help too. Here are a few pics. The first one is of the VFW with the picnic shelter in back. The second is if you are on the main street. To the left, is a building (small) and I've drawn an arrow to the VFW. You can see it's set back down the main road quite a ways.

The third is if you are standing at the VFW parking and looking towards the main road. That gives you an idea how far off the main road it is.

Does this help?

picnic.JPGVFW.JPGVFW2.JPG

Oops.. We're all posting pictures of it now.. haha! Sorry, looks like you already had it sorted out.

Any other pics you need? Screen capping and drawing on them is kind of fun. :laughing:

This is not a picture of KK's vehicle, but a similar one.

ANYRHdh.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/mj9jsnz

[...]

Authorities are searching for 27 year-old Kristy Kelley from Boonville. She was last seen in Boonville at 1:30 a.m. on August 15. Kelley was last seen wearing a white and black striped sleeveless shirt with jean shorts and sandals.She is believed to be in a silver 2003 Nissan Xterra [Indiana license plate, SZF858]

[...]

If anyone has information, call the Warrick County Sheriff’s Office at 812-897-6180.

I'm not sure if it was sorted out where the VFW is located, but I thought I'd try to help too. Here are a few pics. The first one is of the VFW with the picnic shelter in back. The second is if you are on the main street. To the left, is a building (small) and I've drawn an arrow to the VFW. You can see it's set back down the main road quite a ways.

The third is if you are standing at the VFW parking and looking towards the main road. That gives you an idea how far off the main road it is.

Does this help?

View attachment 57776View attachment 57775View attachment 57777

Yes, it does, and thanks! For one thing, I realize I was looking through the posts trying to find a pic of the wrong building! It was a VFW in NY, apparently...I realized this later when someone posted the pic again -- even though I never did find the original posting of that.

Seeing those three pics gives me a much better sense of the area. Tx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther