IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suck at mapping, but it looks like Lake Monroe is ten miles or so from College Avenue where she was last seen. So in my mind, not within walking distance, it's a pretty big lake.

How far of a walk from College Ave. to where she lived? Couldn't have been too far if she was barefoot.

I adore K'9s but they aren't trained to track. Have Bloodhounds or SAR dogs been brought in?

I agree with you webrocket, I'm a little hinky that her friends"felt" it had been several hours since her last drink. I'm not accusing them of anything just leads to more questions.

About three blocks. She was last seen at College and 11th. She lived in the Smallwood Apartments on College between 8th and 9th.

She lived in a very nice apartment complex.

Are we allowed to link apartment webpage?

She lived in a very nice apartment complex.

Are we allowed to link apartment webpage?

You can link it. I looked at it, too. I also did a google walk through the neighborhood. It's a nice college community, but with a lot of commercial properties.

The Bloomington Police Department and family and friends of missing woman Lauren Spierer are searching Lake Griffy, Lake Lemon and Lake Monroe today.

They are requesting that volunteers help to search Lake Monroe, the biggest of the three lakes. They are posting signs and asking for help throughout their search.

The family is asking for volunteers to meet at either Maumee Scout Reservation or Ransburg Scout Reservation near Lake Monroe and Allen's Creek at 1 p.m. to help search for Spierer.

Maumee Scout Reservation is located at 12975 W. County Road 925 North, inside Monroe Park.

Ransburg Scout Reservation is located at 7599 E. Waldrip Creek Road., on Lake Monroe.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81822&comview=1&sc=1

also snipped from Knox's link in post # 27.

Spierer has a life-threatening heart condition called Long QT Syndrome.

I hope she is found quickly.

The police must have more info than we are hearing.....why start with searching the lakes??? a bit dramatic unless of course they know more.

The police must have more info than we are hearing.....why start with searching the lakes??? a bit dramatic unless of course they know more.

According to the FB Posts and a few news comments ... LE is not part of the searches happening at the lakes. Family and friends are organizing them. They must have some reason although I have not seen it posted. I don't think the motivation is drama at all.

Red markers at the top are Lauren's apartment and location she left Friday morning. Green triangles at the bottom are the Ransburg and Maumee Scout Reservations where searchers met today. Ransburg is about 13.5 miles from her apartment, and Maumee about 28 miles.

mapsearchsites06-05-11.jpg

Gee.....I can't understand the search of the lakes either. They must know something we don't know.
Praying for her....

I think they are just checking to make sure she isn't in one of those three lakes. Smart move if you ask me.

also snipped from Knox's link in post # 27.

I hope she is found quickly.

This condition sounds very life-threatening. For people with Long QT Syndrome, any startling occurrence can cause heart arrhythmia. Her friends either didn't know she had it, or just weren't looking out for her, and I guess she wasn't thinking about it, either, poor thing. Walking home at 4:30 a.m.? Drinking? Probably not the best things for her. Plus, she's such a tiny little person...This really doesn't sound good.

I know it's part of being young--you just don't think you are mortal!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/long-qt-syndrome/DS00434

I think they are just checking to make sure she isn't in one of those three lakes. Smart move if you ask me.

Lake Griffy, Lake Lemon and Lake Monroe.

I don't think She died of her heart condition (If that was the case I think they would have found her by now) and I also Don't think she is at any hospital. (i'm sure they have already checked to see if she was).

I really think foul play was involved here.

I agree, foul play seems likely, as I doubt she ran away barefoot at that hour of the morning, without her phone or any of the things from her apartment. And she should have been found if she had collapsed due to illness. Either she accepted a ride or was pulled into a car, would be my guess, with someone who was not intending to help her. What a tiny girl...it would be so easy.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member