IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again! It makes me a little crazy when I see my info being re-posted elsewhere without including all the info...

Not a problem.
If everyone argued with two lines and sources, this would be a much better argument. Of course, everyone is guilty of going overboard on this board, myself included.

For the record, that is definitely the JW house.
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=s+619+E+9th+St+bloomington+in&ll=39.17044,-86.52626&spn=0.001772,0.003484&gl=us&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=39.170438,-86.526144&panoid=2j7RUYposQbgzm1l421nMQ&cbp=12,17.63,,0,5.4"]s 619 E 9th St bloomington in - Google Maps[/ame]

Does anyone have a link showing a search did take place at the house in the picture? If so, I'll replace the post.

I'm still on the fence, but here's a scenario with Lauren at JR's apt at 3:10, and at Tenth & College with mystery man at 3:38.

Lauren and CR walk from Smallwood to CR/MB's apt. MB puts CR to bed (3:10?), Lauren goes to JR's to party some more. JR falls asleep; Lauren leaves around 3:30 and is spotted at 3:38 by the witness at Tenth & College. Later that day JR hears that Lauren is missing; he lies about watching her leave at 4:30...she was fine...not stumbling...so he doesn't look like such an awful person for not walking her home.

JR's visiting friend could have been asleep in one of the bedrooms, or too drunk to care that Lauren was leaving without shoes, keys or cell phone. Hard to explain the 4:15 call to DR. Maybe JR woke up, noticed she was gone, and called DR to see if she was back at Smallwood.

And there might not be any video of 3:38 sighting if it happened on the sidewalk on College- outside of the breezeway.
JMHO

I hope the rumors are true especially if they hadn't used dogs in the previous searches. I wonder if it being a month later nearly would affect the effectiveness of the dogs though?

I believe they had been using dogs before with "negative" results.

It might be the same wall, but all I see are three men standing around grinning. Yes, one has badge. Fine. Other than that, there is no date, no article, and no indication of what is taking place. Until we can find something to verify a LE searched that residence, I'm going to ask you to remove the photos.

Thanks.

I believe they had been using dogs before with "negative" results.

Cadaver dogs in the apartments? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if they got negative results the first time why would they do it again? Unless they suspect something gross like the body was moved around somehow after the original search? **scratches head**

It might be the same wall, but all I see are three men standing around grinning. Yes, one has badge. Fine. Other than that, there is no date, no article, and no indication of what is taking place. Until we can find something to verify a LE searched that residence, I'm going to ask you to remove the photos.

Thanks.

Alright, understood. Thanks for the time

I agree with you. I think someone (other than CR) is on that video. But what confuses me, if they have someone on there, and know who it is (which I would assume they do), they really wouldn't have to wait for him to come forward, would they? I mean, they can just go knocking on his door and ask him to come to the station for "questioning". Certainly, he can refuse and get an attorney, but I don't think they'd just sit and wait without doing anything...or would they?

There have been plenty of reports in msm that said the man was CR. Even quite recently. I don't know if it is inaccurate reporting or LE did tell reporters that the man was CR. But I don't think any other man except CR would make any sense.

Cadaver dogs in the apartments? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if they got negative results the first time why would they do it again? Unless they suspect something gross like the body was moved around somehow after the original search? **scratches head**

Don't know. One would hope that LE used the cadaver dogs already, but who knows? Maybe they used the dogs that track live people before?

It still doesn't tell us anything definite, but at least the address isn't posted with the photo. And my eyes must be getting really bad because I can't find one dog in the other photo. :waitasec:

I'm still on the fence, but here's a scenario with Lauren at JR's apt at 3:10, and at Tenth & College with mystery man at 3:38.

Lauren and CR walk from Smallwood to CR/MB's apt. MB puts CR to bed (3:10?), Lauren goes to JR's to party some more. JR falls asleep; Lauren leaves around 3:30 and is spotted at 3:38 by the witness at Tenth & College. Later that day JR hears that Lauren is missing; he lies about watching her leave at 4:30...she was fine...not stumbling...so he doesn't look like such an awful person for not walking her home.

JR's visiting friend could have been asleep in one of the bedrooms, or too drunk to care that Lauren was leaving without shoes, keys or cell phone. Hard to explain the 4:15 call to DR. Maybe JR woke up, noticed she was gone, and called DR to see if she was back at Smallwood.

And there might not be any video of 3:38 sighting if it happened on the sidewalk on College- outside of the breezeway.
JMHO

And why wouldn't JR just tell that story to LE? If he was asleep when she left, why pretend otherwise? It would even put him into a better light if she left while he was sleeping.

And why wouldn't JR just tell that story to LE? If he was asleep when she left, why pretend otherwise? It would even put him into a better light if she left while he was sleeping.

And pretty risky to just say 4:30 when he would've had no idea whether or not that time would fit in with other information. Why not just tell the truth, that would be the safest bet since it's the truth!

Those look like the three men standing, standing, standing. The ones I saw the other day at 5 north. The wall looks like an IU bldg or a municipal one.

There have been plenty of reports in msm that said the man was CR. Even quite recently. I don't know if it is inaccurate reporting or LE did tell reporters that the man was CR. But I don't think any other man except CR would make any sense.

I think the quotes mean who the man is on the video punching CR, not that is NOT CR. I think we would all really like to know who it was in that altercation with CR at Smallwood.

Thanks.

FWIW...This photo was tweeted by AT -- the reporter for the Bloomington Times Herald who is covering the story.

Those look like the three men standing, standing, standing. The ones I saw the other day at 5 north. The wall looks like an IU bldg or a municipal one.
Well, I can tell you at least one of them is indeed neck deep in this case, because I have seen and interacted with him at McNutt. That building is the Glenn Black Lab, which is attached to the Mathers Museum.

LE was pretty clear there was no mystery man, as far as they are concerned...meaning that even if the event did happen at 3:38AM they believe they know who it was...but they seemed to say that it did not happen at 3:38AM, in a roundabout sorta way, which still makes me think that what she saw DID happen, at another time, is not on video and LE knows who "slung" Lauren over their shoulder. Maybe that clock the witness looked at was wrong-all the video clocks seemed to be off. Anyway I believe LE on this one, that the last good sighting is 2:51AM and that Lauren DID go to JR's as I still doubt he would place her there that late/early unless she was there and someone else knew it, or unless he is totally telling all he knows.

So the reporter for the Bloomington Herald times has sent out a series of tweets confirming much of what has been discussed about searches at two locations today -- with a photo and all. But it's not on the newspaper's website. Welcome to news coverage in Bloomington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500