IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am heading for Bloomington now. Its only an hour away.

I want to see the area where she lived and disappeared myself.

To get a better understanding what we have been looking at online.

If i found anything or see anything going on i will take a picture of it.

And will post later tonight or sometime tomorrow.​

New article about Kilroy's record of excise police citations for accepting fake ID's.

BLOOMINGTON — The company that runs a bar where a missing Indiana University coed was drinking before she disappeared four weeks ago has been the scene of citations for fake IDs by Indiana Excise police over the last 18 months.
Three Kilroy's bars in Bloomington, Ind., were the sites of 64 percent of the 188 tickets issued to people younger than 21 for possessing a false ID, The Herald-Times reported.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20110703/NEWS07/110709875/1006/NEWS

VeryVeritas: It looks like Kilroy's does require ID's, but they don't check them carefully.

Thanks, MrTT. Good luck on your search. Hope you can bring us something interesting.

I've been wanting to post a photo. I read the instructions but am still unclear. Do I have to upload it to a Web site then link to it? Thank you.

We could use the fresh set of eyes.

If I knew how to contact you, we could meet and I'd show you around.

It's my understanding that fake ID's are generally only required of men. i know many attractive underage ladies get into bars with no questions asked.

I read a disturbing comment on the PT site; apparently, some bar personnel (ID checkers, bouncers) have a habit of intentionally targeting petite blondes for some reason and they don't like them. Don't ask me why--maybe carry over from high school when they were snubbed.

I agree with you. I can't see JW being involved in her disappearance.

And as far as the change in plans....it's just the way kids in that age group live. Plans change,and change again, all in about 5 minutes. I don't see anything strange or suspicious about that. My own college kids do that all the time. People are added and subtracted, destinations and times change, or they shut the whole thing down and stay home on a whim to watch a movie.
Unfortunately, Lauren decided that she wanted to go out, and it proved to be a terrible choice.

Is it common knowledge among the kids who live in the area what time the dumpsters are emptied each week? Not the garbage pick-up provided by the City of Bloomington, but the commercial dumpsters? Is that something those kids would even pay attention to?

Agree about changing plans on the spur of the moment.
Keeping track of when dumpsters are emptied sound too pre-mediated for what happened here.

I believe whatever took place was something that unfolded rather quickly - either LS had succumbed to a combination of alcohol, drugs, and her medical condition, and maybe even some sort of confrontation with or over a jealous/betrayed suitor - then everyone panicked for fear of being accused ...

Still it would not totally surprise me if it did turn out to be random abduction since she was keeping to the alleys...

Curious how CR wakes up on Friday and claims amnesia and even does it in a way that there are witnesses. Saltzmann says there are several who collaborate the amnesia story. I wonder who. MB for sure. JR????.

I would like to know who these several people are.

I like everyone else in here would like to know if JR had a friend visiting from home why his name is not published along with the rest of the individuals who encountered LS that night. And I wonder if he is one of the people who collaborates on witnessing CR waking on Friday morning with amnesia.

I'm stuck on the jacket today, the one Lauren was carrying in the photo leaving Smallwood. Why haven't we heard anything about it? Where did she leave it? Was it ever found? It might be irrelevant. But maybe not. My guess is that she left it at JR's when she and CR went to Kilroy's. The night wasn't as chilly as she thought it might be, and she didn't want to carry it around.

In that situation, I would ask my male companion to put my phone and coin purse/keys in his pocket. My husband often does that for me when we go out to clubs and I don't want to carry a purse. I don't know if Lauren did that, but it's possible. If not, how did she carry them in the clothes she was wearing. Tucked inside her bra or the waistband of her leggings? It's hard for me to imagine going out to a bar holding those things in my hands all night. I'd want to have some way to secure them. The coin purse and keys were found outside the apartment, but did she drop them? Or did they fall from CR's pockets? I know it doesn't seem to make a difference, but something tells me it does.

Then the jacket, left at JR's. If she left on her own, did she take it with her? Did JR say she had it when she left his place? Apparently not, because the "last seen" description doesn't mention it. We've never heard that it was found at Kilroy's or anywhere along her route that night. So, where is it? Was her body wrapped in it? Will it be found with Lauren?

I apologize for the rambling post, but I think these points are being overlooked.

Thanks, Btown. Let's see if this works. This is the back of 5 North.

And just for the record, isn't what we've been calling the "gravel lot" actually this paved area before the grassy patch? Where the paved alley ends is gravel.

Attachments

• rhmzdc.jpg
    rhmzdc.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 42
Disposing of the human body ought to be such a major crime that it would never be used to cover up a misdemeanor.

Sorry, it looks like I should resize this because it's causing the page to be too wide. Not sure what to do tho.

Sorry, it looks like I should resize this because it's causing the page to be too wide. Not sure what to do tho.

Bessie will probably fix it for you, or you can edit your post and paste this in its place http://i51.tinypic.com/nqwjfd.jpg. I resized it using tinypic.

Here is a pic you can see the gravel lot.
25kn0a1.jpg

And a pic of the area leading to the gravel lot, as viewed from Morton St. Looks like it shows a view of the area where your pic was taken.
otkcg4.jpg

Jupiter, thanks for this. Is that a dumpster, and is it the only one for all tenets at 5 North?
Great photo
holly

Jupiter, thanks for this. Is that a dumpster, and is it the only one for all tenets at 5 North?
Great photo
holly

Looks like electrical closet to me? Now, considering that Purdue students body found 2 months later in electrical closet, despite searches, I hope they checked electrical closets near the area LS went missing.

Great photo
holly

Heh, pardon me for answering for Jupiter, but no. Thats a power transformer, not a dumpster. The dumpster is not in view. It is on the left of the pic behind the silver SUV.

JR's apt is far left of the building. It has a fourth floor. But just now I see what looks like the corner of a window behind the tree branch. Doesn't it? I did not notice this before. Also, there is an exterior ladder to the right of the window, going to the roof. Not a construction ladder but one as on a boat.

A couple of things....

1. LE mentions "activity" in the alley. What if this is when she might have OD'd? The "activity" could be that she fell and needed to be picked up. On video (with no sound), it would appear she was just drunk and actually, whomever was with her at the time, might have thought that too, and slung her over his shoulder. This could also be why her wristlet (coin purse) and keys were dropped there. If this occurred at the very end of the alley, they may just have a snippet of the activity on tape. From there, they could have taken her to CR's or JR's. Whichever apt. they went to, the other apt. residence could have gotten involved to help. It's very possible that they had to make up the theory that she went home with CR in case anyone saw them helping her (carrying) back and entering there. She may not have actually ODd in the alley, but maybe that's where she began to get into trouble, physically. All three boys could have collaborated this story to protect themselves against A. possible drug involvement and B. concealing a body. Why would JR say he saw her leaving? Well, SOMEONE would have to be that person.

2. Previously there was talk about hiding her in construction pipes. That's certainly possible, but how likely? I'm open to this theory but I am just wondering if 3 boys sitting around in a panic would really think of this? I don't think these are boys who are hard-core criminals. I don't think that if this was murder, it was pre-meditated either. I just think that type of concealment strikes me as more of a harder core criminal or premeditated murderer. Not sure - what do you all think? I just think that if they're sitting in their apartment, trying to decide what to do, they'd want to get her as far away from their place as possible - lake, woods, etc.....not put her somewhere right near their house. How could they possibly know when the concrete would be poured anyway? I just don't think that one is likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther