IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thought that I had, is that for as messed up as most of the POI individuals were that night, it was a mighty effective job of making her disappear along with not leaving clues that lead to any immediate arrests or hard suspects.

To some extent, it gets me to think someone more alert and level headed was involved with the process.

I couldnt agree more with this statement! How do these "boys" manage this?

Car of private security firm (Bloomington based) in parking lot behind 5 North on morning of Day 50

2cr13qg.jpg

IMO it has nothing to do with personality, but rather the level of addiction. People of many different types of personality fall to addition. That said, if she was taking Xanex bars and cocaine every night, as often as Jim Bulushi did drugs, I find it hard to believe she could have performed so well in college. There have been comments regarding what a great student she's been. We need to remember how little LS is. I'm not saying that she may not have wanted more, at some point, but physically, how was she capable of going out to get it? This thought is in reference to Northsider's comments about her maybe going to a DD's house and ODing. The only way I do wonder if someone OFFERED her more, is if some of her friends believed that some more coke would contradict the effects of the Xanex. That's an entirely possible idea, and if true, it would give more reason to them wanting to hide her body. I think that even in their own minds, they could be justifying what they did. They may have been trying to "help" her in the only way they knew how - to contradict one drug's effect on her body. Very scary to play Doctor.

I'm not inclined to think she went looking for it, either. If CR was messed up, I believe it was from alcohol/xanax more than anything. And her alleged condition at Smallwood suggests they were in it together, IMO. So true about her size ... so tiny. That's what drew me to this case: she reminds me of my daughter.

Re: level of addiction. I got the feeling from HT's interviews that LS partied hard, but I don't trust HT all that much, either. Perhaps since she was so functional at school, something drove her to want more that night? Problems with JW, whatever? Just trying to work it out in my head ...

The "playing doctor" idea is interesting and worth pursuing, IMO. The worst I've ever felt in my life was from a migraine that I took too much to try to combat ... pain relievers, sinus medicine, caffeine, all OTC stuff. Desperate measures don't always end well. And yes, they might justify that they were just trying to help. Guilt does weird things as well.

CR and MB were reported early on. I believe the first report of JR was yesterday, but there may have been one earlier. I don't believe there's been any report re JW providing a sample, but he was described as cooperative at the 6/10 news conference and I believe CR and MB's samples were given on 6/(8 or?) 9 or 10. JW was in Btown at that time.

Yes, I should have been more specific. Aware of CR and MB, not sure of JW, and had not heard about JR.

What combining Xanax and alcohol does is not only make you stumble and incoherent, it also completely negates your inhibitions and negative feelings. So when you are feeling extremely wasted and you keep nodding off, the idea of doing some coke is exactly what you would want especially if someone has suggested it, or you yourself have access to it and it is on your mind. When you are doing Xanax and alcohol, you're not just wasted like a drunk, you are in a state of mental "pleasure". It may not look like it to an outsider, but the benzo action on brain chemistry is to stimulate the pleasure chemicals... and so the desire is there to prolong it, and not to crash out, and if coke came to mind, and she knew it was readily available, I would have no problems believing that every conscious moment she had in between moments of stupor, she was driven to gaining access to some coke.

I agree with most of this, but I'm wasn't saying she wouldn't have taken some, if offered. In fact, I said that likely, she would have taken it if JR offered. However my point was that if she was foaming, falling, not even able to reply to questions (if the 3:38 sighting is true), I doubt she'd physically be capable of leaving a house, on the "hunt" for coke. I was using this as a way to negate the theory that she left 5 North alone, to go to a DD's house, as mentioned by Northsider. I had originally believed this to be possible, until the recent descriptions of her physical state came about. I'm aware of what these drugs can do, and how they interact with one another negatively and positively (not from personal experience per say, but from my professional experience). However, she is described to me as being past the "personal pleasure" state, and rather in the "I'm about to black out" state.

These do not sound like the words of someone who believes that their daughter OD'd, or was involved in an accident, or even a crime of passion.
These words sound more like someone who believes that their daughter was abducted and disposed of. (IMO)
Not at all, IMO.
The parents all alone wanted her friends to say what they know. I think this statement goes along the same lines.

Jupiter - thanks for the photo. This says "private security". Is this a security company hired by the owners of 5 north or is this LE? If it's private, hired by 5 North, you'd think they'd have cameras if concerned about "security". Therefore, I'm guessing this is LE....or maybe a private investigator hired by the Spierers?

OK I just found the link to this guy on pg 1 of this thread. So who do you think hired this guy?

When I think of someone higher up on the drug supply chain, in my mind's eye I see the older gal in the Twitter video (is that link allowed?) that is kissing AB and I see the guy standing next to her. He looks to be her age, (sort of looks like Justin Timberlake). They appear to me to be a couple. Maybe they brought the party supplies that night.

CR and MB were reported early on. I believe the first report of JR was yesterday, but there may have been one earlier. I don't believe there's been any report re JW providing a sample, but he was described as cooperative at the 6/10 news conference and I believe CR and MB's samples were given on 6/(8 or?) 9 or 10. JW was in Btown at that time.
JR has given a DNA sample to LE? This is news to me, can somebody post a MSM link for it? Thanks

When I think of someone higher up on the drug supply chain, in my mind's eye I see the older gal in the Twitter video (is that link allowed?) that is kissing AB and I see the guy standing next to her. He looks to be her age, (sort of looks like Justin Timberlake). They appear to me to be a couple. Maybe they brought the party supplies that night.

Hmm...I remember seeing this video. Good point. I don't remember the older guy, but I clearly remember the older girl and wondered immediately what the heck someone her age was doing at this party, and kissing on ZO, especially. She seemed like she was trying to be all into the younger boys and wanting on their "good side" and this could have been why.

It's so interesting b/c when I think of "higher up" drug dealers, I think of slimy -looking guys who are filthy and gross. The reality is shocking. I hear most are professional, well dressed, have families and many times friends nor family have ANY idea. Many don't even do the drugs - it's an income to them, just like legal salesmen who don't use the products they sell.

Good call on this one I think.

Someone asked for links about the Martinsville fire. Here are the two I've found, both behind paywalls:
http://ns.reporter-times.com/stories/2011/06/17/news.qp-5332905.sto
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/17/news.331715.sto

I believe the H-T has lifted its wall for LS-related stories. Perhaps they can do so for this one?

Thank you so much! Man u guys r so very helpful! Im so glad i found this place.
Reading Charlenes letter just broke me down. My son just told me to take a break-i thought about it but that letter has me fired back up! We have all got to keep at this. Lauren mother seems like a beautiful, strong person. They deserve some peace. Please every1 keep up the awesome work

Jupiter - thanks for the photo. This says "private security". Is this a security company hired by the owners of 5 north or is this LE? If it's private, hired by 5 North, you'd think they'd have cameras if concerned about "security". Therefore, I'm guessing this is LE....or maybe a private investigator hired by the Spierers?

OK I just found the link to this guy on pg 1 of this thread. So who do you think hired this guy?

I doubt that the city hired him. My first thought was that the current residents could have. I imagine it's difficult to be living there right now. Anticipating next question: Not sure who the current residents are. I saw what looked to be a young college gal in one of the apts the other day. Door was open and she was standing half in and half out having a cigarette. She could have been a cleaning lady for all I know.

I doubt that the city hired him. My first thought was that the current residents could have. I imagine it's difficult to be living there right now. Anticipating next question: Not sure who the current residents are. I saw what looked to be a young college gal in one of the apts the other day. Door was open and she was standing half in and half out having a cigarette. She could have been a cleaning lady for all I know.

Thanks. I wonder how many are even there for the summer? I'd think most students wouldn't have the funds for this, but their parents may. Having said that, if parents are as concerned about security, you'd think their kids wouldn't be living in a place w/o cameras (when so many offer them). However, I also understand that kids don't think about that and they usually chose their own place, then parents see it the first time months later when they come to visit (if they do).

This says "security", not "investigations" but since he used to be a Cop, do you think maybe this is the guy the Spierers is rumored to have hired? I wonder exactly how many private investigators are in the area. He could have been their only choice.

I thought the exact opposite about the letter. To me, I feel like it is directed toward someone she knows. Your silence is deafening=all the times her parents have called out her friends for not giving up more. I don't see someone saying "Your silence is deafening" to a random crazy maniac that grabs people off the street. I feel like her parents pretty strongly feel like the answers to what happened to Lauren lie with her friends and maybe even more specifically JR since he has been criticized for his silence the most out of all of them. The defining moment to me even seems like they aren't fully blaming the person for the death. Would you say to a random maniac that rapes and kills for fun that "don't let this be your defining moment"? I wouldn't. I MAY say that if I think one of my daughter's friends may know where my daughter's body is.

I have known people doing xanax and coke and it isn't unbelievable to me that she could be looking for more coke even after passing out earlier. I have seen people intermittently pass out, get up, do more coke, do more xanax, etc. And some of those people had full time intermittently or straight As in college. Drugs can be just a weekend thing for some. Now, was this Lauren? I don't know. I just wouldn't be stunned if she was wanting more drugs at some point during the night.

Hypothetical here, I don't want to be spreading rumors. What if you heard, "Rossman admitted he and Lauren went up to an apt and did “all kinds of drugs” in the short time they were at Smallwood."

Would it change anyone's theories if true? How?

Thanks. I wonder how many are even there for the summer? I'd think most students wouldn't have the funds for this, but their parents may. Having said that, if parents are as concerned about security, you'd think their kids wouldn't be living in a place w/o cameras (when so many offer them). However, I also understand that kids don't think about that and they usually chose their own place, then parents see it the first time months later when they come to visit (if they do).

I firmly believe it is quite intentional there are no surveillance cameras at 5 North. Apparently the building developer/owner is AEPi alum and lobbied against closing the chapter on IU campus. IMO there is nooo way he is not aware it's a party house.

This says "security", not "investigations" but since he used to be a Cop, do you think maybe this is the guy the Spierers is rumored to have hired? I wonder exactly how many private investigators are in the area. He could have been their only choice.

I get the impression this is more monitoring but wonder if it has anything to do with Day 50. You know...like maybe crime research shows that perps return to the scene on anniversaries or something like that. Could be something is afoot and he was sent there for a specific reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500