IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"only that he has a lawyer and was asked to do so"

I have not heard this about Jesse Wolff. Did you read it somewhere? I have not heard that he has a lawyer or submitted DNA. I heard he was a POI, but I am thinking it is because he is the significant other.

On Friday authorities announced for the first time that her boyfriend Jesse Wolff out of Port Washington is a person of interest. Wolff has hired well-known Bloomington, Indiana defense attorney Sam Shapiro.

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-new-developments-missing-coed,0,1000716.story?track=rss

Not sure if this has been posted, Bloomington Police Captain Joe Qualters says that....

Police obtained new footage late Friday from a business on North Walnut Street.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/12/news.qp-8740616.sto

Doesn't specify where on N Walnut, Kilroy's is on that street. It's a block east of the apartment buildings we have been focused on.

That video might not be very significant, such as it probably shows her before she returned from the bar, or maybe doesn't even show her at all. I believe police are asking the businesses to turn everything in possibly related to Lauren, and then police will sort it out.

This is a 2nd post I've seen regarding ethnoreligious implication. Could someone please explain to me what being "Jewish" has to do with this case? Have I missed something?
It really doesn't, but I get what the poster is saying. I'm also going to go as far to say that I'd be shocked if any of the people she was hanging out with were in fact involved. My gut is telling me that it is someone else...not someone she knew.
JMHO

In other cases (Phylicia Barnes, Haleigh Cummings) we've seen young people keeping their mouths shut for a very long time, as well as sticking to their original stories...I don't think young people are as easily intimidated by LE or authority as they used to be...or at least as I was, at that age...

I haven't followed the Hailey case but I live relatively near where Philicia went missing. That area and the people she was with are people who have a lot of contact with police...they aren't phased. I think at IU is different. My own opinion.

I am worried but I in my gut think it's none of these kids. My own opinion.

What if someone you knew went missing? I feel like we are indicting(sp) a bunch of kids with really no evidence. I hope Lauren is ok somewhere.

What if someone you knew went missing? I feel like we are indicting(sp) a bunch of kids with really no evidence. I hope Lauren is ok somewhere.

I don't think anyone is indicting anyone.

LE does not usually call people POI's simply for having seen the missing person before he/she went missing, although that could be the case here, since they are saying they have 10 POI's.

In most cases, people HAVE gone missing at the hands of someone they knew to some degree, if the person did not go missing voluntarily. Stranger abductions are still the rarest type.

But this case certainly leaves the option of a stranger abduction wide open, if she did in fact walk outside alone. I think that is what LE is really trying to determine. It is possible that her classmates are guilty of nothing more than being intoxicated. Hopefully we will know more sometime soon.

That video might not be very significant, such as it probably shows her before she returned from the bar, or maybe doesn't even show her at all. I believe police are asking the businesses to turn everything in possibly related to Lauren, and then police will sort it out.

Before we start assuming that there is another video out there depicting Lauren -- I can straighten one thing out. This "new" surveillance video that the Captain mentioned at the Saturday briefing is simply a feed from a camera at a business that had not yet been turned over to police. There is no information whether Lauren and/or any of the POI's or anything useful is captured.

Not sure if this has been posted, Bloomington Police Captain Joe Qualters says that....

Police obtained new footage late Friday from a business on North Walnut Street.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/12/news.qp-8740616.sto

Doesn't specify where on N Walnut, Kilroy's is on that street. It's a block east of the apartment buildings we have been focused on.

The more I think about it I can't see a camera on Walnut being helpful. It might get something from early in the evening (Kilroy's) ....but all the stuff that happened between 2:30a and 4:30a was going on one full block away from Walnut -- at the very least.

Not putting much stock in this video.

The more I think about it I can't see a camera on Walnut being helpful. It might get something from early in the evening (Kilroy's) ....but all the stuff that happened between 2:30a and 4:30a was going on one full block away from Walnut -- at the very least.

Wishful thinking that there could be a car on the video, driving slowly, something like that...but yeah, I will be surprised if they happen upon just the clue they need...

Maybe this video shows someone there near the time of the disappearance who told police that they were not in the area at all. I think that any videos of the nearby area during those early morning hours could hold valuable clues.

MOO

On Friday authorities announced for the first time that her boyfriend Jesse Wolff out of Port Washington is a person of interest. Wolff has hired well-known Bloomington, Indiana defense attorney Sam Shapiro.

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-new-developments-missing-coed,0,1000716.story?track=rss

Seems like all the persons of interest got defense lawyers. We really can assume anything by the fact that they got defense lawyers. If the families are well off they are going to get their children best defense lawyers even if these children had nothing to do with it.

Seems like all the persons of interest got defense lawyers. We really can assume anything by the fact that they got defense lawyers. If the families are well off they are going to get their children best defense lawyers even if these children had nothing to do with it.

I am thinking that as soon as they realized that they could not prove what they were saying was true, it was time to get a lawyer.

I do hope LE has something more to go on here to lead them to call this group POI's besides the obvious (last to see her, the fight). But I think it is all they have to go on at this point.

Really hoping that Tim Miller's group can find her this week or at least some sort of a trail determining where she last was.

nevermind, I was wrong. ;)

Didn't CR hire a former district attorney? He would not be a defense attorney right?

He would be a defense attorney now, even if he was on the side of the prosecution before. I looked on his website, he handles criminal and civil cases in the state of IN.

I am thinking that as soon as they realized that they could not prove what they were saying was true, it was time to get a lawyer.

I do hope LE has something more to go on here to lead them to call this group POI's besides the obvious (last to see her, the fight). But I think it is all they have to go on at this point.

Really hoping that Tim Miller's group can find her this week or at least some sort of a trail determining where she last was.

Well all of the POI's couldn't possibly be guilty. So it doesn't appear LE has a good idea of what had actually happened at this point.

I don't think anyone is indicting anyone.

LE does not usually call people POI's simply for having seen the missing person before he/she went missing, although that could be the case here, since they are saying they have 10 POI's.

In most cases, people HAVE gone missing at the hands of someone they knew to some degree, if the person did not go missing voluntarily. Stranger abductions are still the rarest type.

But this case certainly leaves the option of a stranger abduction wide open, if she did in fact walk outside alone. I think that is what LE is really trying to determine. It is possible that her classmates are guilty of nothing more than being intoxicated. Hopefully we will know more sometime soon.

I apologize if I sounded combative.I just hate seeing these kids who were mostly guilty of being dumb college kids having their lives so exposed. If it brings answers though it will be worth it. I may be completely wrong and if they did something horrific to Lauren then they should pay. I hope we know the answers soon and hopefully it will be good news but I fear it won't be.

There is a possibility that it was accidental or due to her heart condition, but whoever was there with her panicked (because they were doing something wrong such as underage drinking) and disposed of the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member