IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood it for information leading to finding her (or finding out who did what to whom)... in which case once the case is closed, I would expect that any number of people may try to lay claim to parts of that fund.

For the record, I would pretty much sell out my own mom for 100K right now :loser:

Good to know, Darcyline!! I just took a screenshot in case anything happens to your Mom and there's a reward!! :innocent:

I understood it for information leading to finding her (or finding out who did what to whom)... in which case once the case is closed, I would expect that any number of people may try to lay claim to parts of that fund.

I've seen it stated that the reward is for info leading to safe return. So if she is dead the reward can not be collected because she can not be safely returned.

Good to know, Darcyline!! I just took a screenshot in case anything happens to your Mom and there's a reward!! :innocent:
Lord, that is one of those comments Sleuthers would have a field day with if something did happen to my Mom :p

Alright, in one case I follow or followed the reward money terminology shifted from "safe return" To "Information leading to discovery" or something else. Was that not in this one? It may not have been.

OK.. the 100K from the family was for "safe return" and I can't find anything updating that...

There's a 10K reward here http://www.mogulite.com/jim-irsay-lauren-spierer/
for "serious info that solves" the case

There appears to be a reward fund at Old National Bank, funded by the folks that own SW, but I haven't found what it's for yet.

So that said... 10K would NOT lure the boys... just sayin!

OK.. this one says 100K for "information leading to the location of" -- that was on June 13, the same press conference that CS said "shame on you"...

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

And this one on June 9 simply says "info leading to the return" (not safe return)... http://www.wthr.com/story/14879023/donors-hope-reward-funds-will-generate-spierer-leads

the 25K that Ken Nunn put up is for "arrest and conviction of anyone who may have harmed Lauren" same link above

and... and interesting article on the "value" of rewards... http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...en-spierer-case-can-it-help-with-truck-search

No amount of money would lure anyone who has held out this long. If they don't have the conscience to tell all they know before hand, I highly doubt that $10,000 or even $100,000 is going to change their mind.

JMO

Most likely in a case like this anyone who has info that would qualify them for the reward only has it because they are involved in her disappearance.Who is going to implicate themselves in a possible murder charge to try to collect a reward.

I don't think that we have brought this up, but what is the possibility that with LE's search warrant, they checked for fingerprints on JR's phone? I've thought about this for awhile and just assumed it would be done since JR confirmed a call was made. Any thoughts?

I don't think that we have brought this up, but what is the possibility that with LE's search warrant, they checked for fingerprints on JR's phone? I've thought about this for awhile and just assumed it would be done since JR confirmed a call was made. Any thoughts?

If I had to guess I would say the dusted everything including his tidy whities.

I'm not a devoted fan of psychics, although I've seen them solve cases of missing persons (Jacqeline Dowaliby in Chicago). Can't help but think of JW's actions that night and following morning.

I wouldnt exactly compare the analyses with a psychic's impressions...
An astrologer is using a chart derived from birth time, events and horary factors. This method of placing planets, stars and aspects in a specific pattern is scientific, while the interpretations are read by a knowledged astrolger who understands and can explain the positions and aspects in astrological terms. Thus, these positions suggests conditions, places, threats, etc...at the moments in time the charts are being cast for.

I wouldnt exactly compare the analyses with a psychic's impressions...
An astrologer is using a chart derived from birth time, events and horary factors. This method of placing planets, stars and aspects in a specific pattern is scientific, while the interpretations are read by a knowledged astrolger who understands and can explain the positions and aspects in astrological terms. Thus, these positions suggests conditions, places, threats, etc...at the moments in time the charts are being cast for.

but but but... wouldn't that indicate that we have no control over our destiny? or is that somehow misunderstanding the whole concept?

From the beginning I've wondered if they had a search warrant on Day 1. The first time a search warrant is mentioned in MSM (that I'm aware of) is for Smallwood records on Tuesday, June 7.

I'm paraphrasing but on Day 1 IIRC it's been reported that LE checked apartments, cars, phones. I've had the sense that this was an initial sweep, not a technical one.

I finally found the news story that provides info and insight into her status as a student. This is a good read http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/12/news.qp-0165757.sto. There is a section from an IU fashion instructor and a high school teacher. I also read somewhere that she played soccer and basketball in high school. So well rounded!

A ‘perfect student’

‘Great intellectual curiosity’

:heart:​

From the beginning I've wondered if they had a search warrant on Day 1. The first time a search warrant is mentioned in MSM (that I'm aware of) is for Smallwood records on Tuesday, June 7.

I'm paraphrasing but on Day 1 IIRC it's been reported that LE checked apartments, cars, phones. I've had the sense that this was an initial sweep, not a technical one.

I couldn't edit my post for some reason, but I'm sure you guys knew I meant fingerprints from LS to confirm her use of JR's phone.

I'll have to find the link or maybe someone else knows where it is, regarding the search of 5 North with dogs and that JR was present. I don't remember the exact details from what has been reported and haven't found the exact link this morning. It has been unclear what type of search was done.

I just want to thank all those who inject a little humor every now and then. Every so often I need a good laugh. Good for my soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle