IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We have spoken to the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th, and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away, but I don’t want to [say] what was stated at this point"

http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/c...ng-iu-student/

(snipped) The fact that he said "IN going up" as opposed to "WHILE going up" makes me think he's not talking about the people walking in the alley with her while she was going up to 5 North. I don't think this phrase was literal. I think it's referring to the time leading up to a situation.

The word "other" could mean:

1. They spoke to acquaintances with her during the time leading up to her going to the OTHER apartment (5 North) in reference to a building, as opposed to SW.

2. They spoke to acquaintances with her during the time leading up to her going to the OTHER apartment AT 5 North (JR's).

I can take this either way.

In other words, if it weren't for the Spierer's keeping track of what's being said on message boards like this, LE wouldn't have a clue about what we have been talking about. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

I think that what they're saying is more like POIs' friends, or anonymous commenters, are saying things online about the facts of the night that they have not said to LE.

From the same article
At night, they click through emails and check all the news on the case, whether with mainstream media or blogs circulated by a network of supporters and others who discuss real news and rumors related to the disappearance.

"I read everything," Charlene Spierer said.

At times, the Spierers notice comments online that appear to be tips, including one speculating that Lauren Spierer was taken to another state. They share them with police, and officers track them down.

ElmoreJames I don't think your fire location is correct. Where are you getting that? Pretty sure it was in town (Martinsville).

I've seen two different addresses where the fire occurred. Use Google maps, pretty sure the one is located right behind the forest.

Mamamia-I do feel like some don't want to talk about it because it casts Lauren in a negative light (though I guess some other assumptions made about that night don't? :p ) but I really don't mean it that way at all. Ultimately, it isn't something I bring up a lot even though I believe it to be true because I don't think it really directly affects the case. I don't really think JW was involved so it doesn't really matter whether Lauren was 100% in love and dedicated to him so that she would never even CONSIDER or look at another guy.

Jupiter-that is another good point.

Negative light or not, most men especially guys I went to college with wouldn't be concerned with whether or not a girl has a boyfriend. To some people (conceited or confident) a boyfriend is a wall, something that you can just walk around. A girl getting this intoxicated with one guy or a group who are not her boyfriend, aren't really too concerned with her having a boyfriend especially since he isn't present. CR without a doubt knew he had a chance to "hookup" with her whether she was sober or not IMO.

It's really bothersome to me that we don't know the status of JW. Is he still an undergrad at IU or not? His Facebook says IU '11. And it says he's an intern at a place in NY.

many college these days allow students to walk in graduation though they are few credits short of officially graduating.

i knew a girl who received a degree from FSU but actually finished her credits at another university in NY.

Stop being snarky to each other. It distracts from the conversation and it is SO UNNECESSARY. So STOP, okay.

Salem

but if you look into the company in martinsville you find a coupon image with a white truck with decals similar to the white truck in bloomington that night, anyway the police knows who the truck belongs to, and i think that is a good thing. they said they ruled it out...

DANG! The back tire looks irregular like THE other one, to me. The police saying they ruled it out earlier doesn't mean it is written in stone or can't be re-introduced. After all, the police early on said they had already searched the landfill, when they actually hadn't.

Another interesting quote from the same page and post by Knox:

According to Bloomington Police Lieutenant Bill Parker, Spierer was walking home from a friend’s house a few blocks away. He says Spierer and her friends had been partying but her friends felt it had been several hours since their last drink and she would be fine to walk home on her own.

Sooo...according to this it was more than JR and these friends were drinking with her several hours earlier, at Sports likely.

Lt. Parker was probably taken off the case for giving TMI.

BBM

IIRC Qualters was on vacation when the LS story broke. Parker was basically filling in for him. It's too bad Qualters came back IMO. Parker, while somewhat bumbling in nature, was indeed more "open" with the public. I'm sure there were some mis-steps since the case was still new and they may not have been quite sure what they were dealing with.

Once Qualters returned the case shut down--publicy anyway, information-wise-- tighter than a coffin. He still did the PCs, but that man can say so little with so many words! He's a true pro. He should consider a run for public office. :D

IMO if BPD really and truly wanted information from the public? They should have kept Parker as the spokesperson in this case.

DANG! The back tire looks irregular like THE other one, to me. The police saying they ruled it out earlier doesn't mean it is written in stone or can't be re-introduced. After all, the police early on said they had already searched the landfill, when they actually hadn't.

Did they? I know they said they searched dumpsters early on, but did they lie and say they had searched the landfill? That surprises me, if they did...

Do you have a link for this? :waitasec:

I'm pretty sure it was in one of the two news conferences I transcribed and posted... I don't remember which thread #, though. I'll try to find it.

i would imagine he was referring to dumpsters and the transfer station...

here's one link, from June 10: http://www.thedailygreenburgh.com/neighbors/spierer-case-appear-americas-most-wanted

"We're not losing hope," said Bloomington Police Lieutenant Bill Parker at Friday's press conference. He stated that they will remain focused on finding her alive.
Police are expanding the search for Spierer, as well as retracing their steps. Parker confirmed that dumpsters and landfills have been searched and encouraged stores in Spierer's path last Friday morning to give their security tapes to police for analysis.

While I understand the desire to find L alive...where might they be looking that would indicate that? And how would they go about looking for her, alive?

I don't think anyone is expecting to find her alive now... that story was dated June 10

Does anyone here know if JW has a brother? TIA

While I understand the desire to find L alive...where might they be looking that would indicate that? And how would they go about looking for her, alive?

Do you mean now? Or at the time the article was written?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa