IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I've been researching the courses of study of those who seem to be most closely involved in Lauren's social group. MB for instance, his course of study was telecommunications & Marketing. This course would require him to be very analytical in his thinking, in other words, he would have or wish to have the who, why, when and where to identify customers or profile customers in order to sell a product or service.

Put that sort of mind, together with the SPEA studiers, which would include enviornmental, public health, criminal justice and public affairs and we seem to have a real problem when a young woman is missing and they are the last group to have seen her alive.

I'm attempting to process all this at the moment.

I'm with you mama. The puzzling thing is that MB was apparently the only sober one that night. He appears to be an innocent bystander IMO, but is he? He could get out of the ring of fire rather quick by telling what he knows, what he doesn't know, unless his sobriety was cause for him to be the designated driver of sorts. I'm sure the thought of getting pulled over with a dead body in the trunk, under the influence would warrant impounding the car and then they're busted.

Bold is mine.

I'm with you mama. The puzzling thing is that MB was apparently the only sober one that night. He appears to be an innocent bystander IMO, but is he? He could get out of the ring of fire rather quick by telling what he knows, what he doesn't know, unless his sobriety was cause for him to be the designated driver of sorts. I'm sure the thought of getting pulled over with a dead body in the trunk, under the influence would warrant impounding the car and then they're busted.

Bold is mine.

I wonder to what extent LE has checked MB out. There would be no need for phone calls, since he lives in the same building as JR. OTOH, his computer would provide info as to whether/when he was working on his papers, I'd think. I've read that he turned them in and all that, but really, they might have been almost done, for as much as we know. From some accounts, LS seems to have spent more time at CR/MB's place than JR's, which is time I'd like to see accounted for.

Since LE indicated in the beginning that they had as many as 10 POI's, I would imagine they have been checking on the phone records, etc. on all of them, or trying to obtain warrants to do so. They have never said anyone was ruled out.

I'm doing some updating on my own website, and I came across a student Valerie Hamilton that had gone missing and they located her body in a storage unit. I don't know if LE had thought about doing a search of storage units that belong to IU students, but it's a shot.

I've been mulling over CS's mention of the 12:16 phone call. At first, I felt she mentioned it for the benefit of one of the POIs, but couldn't begin to imagine why, because everyone knew per the official police timeline that she was "safely in the confines of Smallwood" at 12:16. Why would CS mention it?

Well, what if she mentioned that because it contradicted someone's story? Whose story would that be? Well... one person's alibi rests on being unable to reach Lauren that night after the game. I think someone said that the game everyone was watching was the Mavericks vs the Heat game. That game ended at around 11:50 (http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2011/06/02/nba-finals-live-blog-dallas-mavericks-vs-miami-heat-game-2/).

What if shortly after the game, she actually did speak with JW? That would blow his alibi completely out of the water, wouldn't it, since his alibi is "we were supposed to get together, but I couldn't reach her after the game, so I went to bed"?

A few possible scenarios:

1) LS doesn't want to see JW. She has a fledgling interest in someone else. At 12:16, she lies and tells him she's tired and going to bed. He suspects or learns this is not true.

2) LS would rather go out to the bar than hang with JW. She tells him as much.

3) LS tells him she'll be over in a little while, but for some reason, JW doesn't follow up when she doesn't show.

4) LS has a fledgling interest in someone else so she tells JW that she is going out for a drink and will call him in a little while. JW suspects she's with a guy and is more hurt and angry as time goes by.

Well, while LE stays silent, Lauren's case grows colder by the day.

I'm not convinced of that... I believe that there's still lots going on... because with CS/RS still in town, Bloomington is still very aware of LS' disappearance..

Skigirl-thats a good line of thought. And bloom-i think ur right. I dont believe the Spierers r gonna let this go cold anytime soon. Im choosing to have faith that there r ppl out there working their butts off to find the answers-it cant be easy

And where is everybody?? I hope every1 here is having a nice wknd and spendn time with those they love.

I'm here! Checking in to say hi and I'm still here for Lauren. Where is she? I watched a video featuring Travis Thickstun, apparently not all witnesses were cooperative. Mr. Amnesia perhaps? He should remember 30 of the 45 minutes. JR? Definitely. Wonder if some were uncooperative because they were under 21 and/or more involved than anyone knows.

Regarding the storage lockers, I've thought about that too--mentioned previously there are some not too far from 5 north where at least one homeless guy lives. And Skigirl, I never connected her last call with JW--interesting. I think one or two scenarios may be possible.

Thanks!!

re the eagle country article... their "witnesses" could have been the reports from other media... about "foaming at the mouth" etc....

neither of them offer much NEW info, unfortunately... I'm interested in seeing the next release from CS/RS... they seem to be letting out tidbits of info that at least get us chatting again!! :)

Thanks!!

re the eagle country article... their "witnesses" could have been the reports from other media... about "foaming at the mouth" etc....

neither of them offer much NEW info, unfortunately... I'm interested in seeing the next release from CS/RS... they seem to be letting out tidbits of info that at least get us chatting again!! :)

The colorful description of the condition of the streets and sidewalks after 3 a.m. was "new" info. :crazy: This is not the Bloomington CNN Money knows about with their recent award of Btown as a "Best Place to Retire."

Yeah... clearly I don't get to downtown at the "right" time of the day.. it always looks pretty clean to me!! LOL

Heading off to brunch soon..

And where is everybody?? I hope every1 here is having a nice wknd and spendn time with those they love.

Here! :) Yesterday was a lot of stress for my mom, my aunt, and me because my grandma (in the Alz. Unit in a nursing home) woke up in the middle of Friday night and started calling Aunt at 7:55 Sat morning begging to come home. :/ She doesn't have Alz, but MiD (multiple-infarct dementia, so caused by a lot of mini-strokes), so her dementia isn't really progressing the way that others' is and she gets very lonely...but she can't go home because it's just not safe. Today we r gonna visit her with my kitty, which usually cheers her.

I've been mulling over CS's mention of the 12:16 phone call. At first, I felt she mentioned it for the benefit of one of the POIs, but couldn't begin to imagine why, because everyone knew per the official police timeline that she was "safely in the confines of Smallwood" at 12:16. Why would CS mention it?

Well, what if she mentioned that because it contradicted someone's story? Whose story would that be? Well... one person's alibi rests on being unable to reach Lauren that night after the game. I think someone said that the game everyone was watching was the Mavericks vs the Heat game. That game ended at around 11:50 (http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2011/06/02/nba-finals-live-blog-dallas-mavericks-vs-miami-heat-game-2/).

What if shortly after the game, she actually did speak with JW? That would blow his alibi completely out of the water, wouldn't it, since his alibi is "we were supposed to get together, but I couldn't reach her after the game, so I went to bed"?

Your theory is based on two faulty premises:
1. that JW's alibi rests on not being able to reach LS. In fact, JW never tried to reach LS that night, as you say. Rather, his story is that she was supposed to contact him, but never did. He only tried to contact her the next day. His alibi also rests on the assertion by his roommate(s?), which have been given to the FBI, that he never left home. If his roommate lied, he could receive a penalty of 5 years in prison and or a $250,000 fine for making false statements to the federal government.
2. that "everyone" was watching the game. In fact, the supposed purpose of going to JR's was to watch the game. As you've noted, the game was over before they arrived at JR's, but while it's entirely possible that the game claim was to cover the true purpose of going there - to do drugs - they might well have intended to watch it via DVR.

You also ignore the assertion of an apparently in the know PT poster that the family has said they don't believe JW is involved. If you choose not to believe that, however, I believe your theory is illogical. If there were calls between LS and JW, that would be clear from both of their phones. LE has LS's phone, and presumably can easily recover anything that might be deleted from it (assuming it can be deleted in the first place), as well as any prints on the phone. They also likely have access to JW's phone - they've described him as cooperative and searched his house. Given that they can tell from the phones about contact between the two, why would CS have to say something publicly that contradicts his story (and what would be the benefit of doing so)?

As for my theory about the 12:16 call, it's simple. She called JR and/or DR (if they were not together already) to arrange to go with DR to JR's around 12:30. Occam's razor. While there certainly may have been another motive for CS's statement, which I have theorized relates to drug use, its express purpose had nothing to do with the case: "The purpose of what I am sharing with you is not to speculate about what happened. The purpose of this is to encourage people to take precautions to be safe."

Edited to add: He implies their uncooperativeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcgpGaY61pAfeature=player_embedded\\

And the following report raised my eyebrows but I question its veracity because of the news outlet.

http://www.eaglecountryonline.com/news.php?nID=2332

"Spierer was 20-years-old at the time and witnesses said she became very intoxicated at Kilroy's Sports Bar on the night of June 2."

Just in principle, I think that it could appear that she became very intoxicated at Kilroy's without it being caused by something she ingested while at Kilroy's. For instance, for most drugs (this includes legit OTC pills even) the time till onset of effects and time till peak effects depends on administration route (eg., oral, snorted, iv, etc) and dose (MG/kg), among other variables. I wonder which it was...did she actually ingest something while at Kilroy's or was [whatever it was] already making its way though her system by the time she got in the door?

Beer & breakfast....eww. Thats just a bit much!

I'm up in the Purdue area. The local bars do this on Saturday mornings before home football games. They call it "Breakfast Club". The attendees are in line early and often wear costumes.

I know I'm old now, but I can't imagine getting up early to go drink even in my younger, hard partying days! :crazy:

Just in principle, I think that it could appear that she became very intoxicated at Kilroy's without it being caused by something she ingested while at Kilroy's. For instance, for most drugs (this includes legit OTC pills even) the time till onset of effects and time till peak effects depends on administration route (eg., oral, snorted, iv, etc) and dose (MG/kg), among other variables. I wonder which it was...did she actually ingest something while at Kilroy's or was [whatever it was] already making its way though her system by the time she got in the door?

Indeed. Hopefully the questions the investigators asked and videotape evidence will help them determine this. I would think, if Kilroys was doing its job right, when they let her in and served her, she wasn't too intoxicated (but their failure about the ID doesn't instill confidence).

The bathrooms at Sports have a reputation of dirty deeds, some of which are on tape (by choice) apparently. So that is a possibility too.

Oh, and before I forget, remember the conversation here about the FB comments "Pure as New York snow"? I recently read that NY snow refers to heroine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther