IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
And where is everybody?? I hope every1 here is having a nice wknd and spendn time with those they love.

Thank you! The same to you ...

I'm here but dropped my laptop yesterday morning. A very unfortunate event (but not a series of ones, if anyone knows the books). The hard drive works but the screen and keyboard connection has some issues ...

Regardless ... yes, beer at breakfast is crazy. But ... a lot of places I frequent offer mimosas with brunch, OJ or pomagranate. I'm starting to think really hard about the messages kids receive ...

Re: LS, storage units, crawl spaces, and all those construction zones ... it is possibly she never left Bloomington.

Indeed. Hopefully the questions the investigators asked and videotape evidence will help them determine this. I would think, if Kilroys was doing its job right, when they let her in and served her, she wasn't too intoxicated (but their failure about the ID doesn't instill confidence).

The bathrooms at Sports have a reputation of dirty deeds, some of which are on tape (by choice) apparently. So that is a possibility too.

Oh, and before I forget, remember the conversation here about the FB comments "Pure as New York snow"? I recently read that NY snow refers to heroine.

Ooooh ... that FB comment has always interested me. I thought it meant coke, actually ... like coke from NYC was better than from other sources. But if it refers to heroin, that's another angle.

BTW, posters awhile back mentioned that the line was from an old song ... but the lead singer of a current band (Brandon Flowers of "The Killers") did a recent cover of the song. These kids could have known it (mine do ... BF is popular). PS: not to mention, alcohol and heroin is a nasty combo.

Hey Jupiter could u maybe give me some words i can use to search for that video on youtube myself-it may just be my stupid phone but its saying its an improper something or other?! It does that alot so i just search on my own instead of using links. Please and thank u!:)

Ooooh ... that FB comment has always interested me. I thought it meant coke, actually ... like coke from NYC was better than from other sources. But if it refers to heroin, that's another angle.

BTW, posters awhile back mentioned that the line was from an old song ... but the lead singer of a current band (Brandon Flowers of "The Killers") did a recent cover of the song. These kids could have known it (mine do ... BF is popular). PS: not to mention, alcohol and heroin is a nasty combo.

It just occurred to me, while I wasn't thinking of it, that what I read may have been dirty snow, not NY snow. I know NY snow is dirty, but wouldn't that be only the city? j/k

Someone in addition to ZO posted the NY snow comment--a friend or roommate. Not a POI. I strongly feel they were referring to drugs.

I always thought it meant cocaine as well.

Hey Jupiter could u maybe give me some words i can use to search for that video on youtube myself-it may just be my stupid phone but its saying its an improper something or other?! It does that alot so i just search on my own instead of using links. Please and thank u!:)

You must have an iPhone, right? Apple does not allow Adobe Flash. I have that problem too. But you should be able to watch the wish tv version on Youtube.

I saw your update; if you're still interested, search: wish tv travis thickstun.

It just occurred to me, while I wasn't thinking of it, that what I read may have been dirty snow, not NY snow. I know NY snow is dirty, but wouldn't that be only the city? j/k

Someone in addition to ZO posted the NY snow comment--a friend or roommate. Not a POI. I strongly feel they were referring to drugs.

bbm Not a roommate. :seeya:

LOL, all I know is that there was a lot of real snow (the stuff that falls from the sky) on the east coast last year!

I take the comment to be about drugs, too ... though I get why some posters thought these kids wouldn't speak in code. IMO, they might just be arrogant enough to do it, though. Re: dirty snow ... I found one reference on-line that described heroin as looking like dirty snow in appearance. So maybe NY (city) snow=dirty snow=heroin.

Interesting... looks like FB LSCS has removed all of their members....

actually.. the mods there were a huge part of the problem... they loved to spin everybody up... wack-o!!

What incredible messaging and support. The point is certainly getting across.

http://www.thedailygreenburgh.com/neighbors/scarsdale-supporters-walk-ride-lauren-spierer

"Klein?’s comments about ?“truth and honesty?” were references to recent statements made by Indiana police and Spierer?’s parents for the lack of cooperation and information provided by Lauren?’s friends at college, who, according to reports, were the last to see her."

Thats a really great article. Im so glad her parents have everyone behind them like this and working hard to stay on this.
I Dont live in bloomington so i Dont know what goes on there-is there absolute silence from all of her friends? Are there friends rallying in bton like they r back home? Obviously the POIs aren't-but are her other friends active in the hunt?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Interesting question cspring... I don't think we know much about LS "other friends" ... she was a fashion design student, so you would THINK that she'd have some friends in that school.... but we haven't heard much about that...

The only "friend" I've heard mentioned is BW.... other than those that she was with at some time during the evening... but nothing really about girlfriends other than her roommates. I do find that a little odd....

Interesting question cspring... I don't think we know much about LS "other friends" ... she was a fashion design student, so you would THINK that she'd have some friends in that school.... but we haven't heard much about that...

The only "friend" I've heard mentioned is BW.... other than those that she was with at some time during the evening... but nothing really about girlfriends other than her roommates. I do find that a little odd....

she was a sophomore right? 2 yrs school is enough time to make several bffs i would think. Plus she had the camp friends. If it were one of my friends i know that i would be out ther every single day ACTIVELY trying to find her and what happened to her. Its just heartbreaking that we aren't seeing hers. Im a lil dumbfounded by it.

Im also dumbfounded at the slashing of the LSCD group. I was just over there earlier. I think i know why but Im not positive. Fb can be a strange place. There r things that ppl do that i will never understand.

It seems there is a strong silence via twitter. As in friends aren't acknowledging disappearance any longer. Maybe they are using a new form of communication.

Sometimes I just want to see extreme pressure put on these people. I want to scream because no one else is. Where is she? She had to leave by car. So WHERE is this car? The longer this goes on, no one is going to talk. Act now.

Done venting.

Thats a really great article. Im so glad her parents have everyone behind them like this and working hard to stay on this.
I Dont live in bloomington so i Dont know what goes on there-is there absolute silence from all of her friends? Are there friends rallying in bton like they r back home? Obviously the POIs aren't-but are her other friends active in the hunt?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i live in bloomington, and there is definitely still a movement to bring LS home. that being said, i do not see HT or any of her other friends leading the pack in anyway. obviously RS and CS are stepping up and leading the search, but it has surprised me how little any of her friends have been heard from other than on Facebook. we do have a mutual friend, she is actually a camp friend of mine (different camps, very similar though). I havent talked to my friend much about her disappearance since the few weeks after it happened, but she is very very close with HT and BW, and ive seen some posting and reposting on their facebooks about the walk and concert. i would LOVE statements from HT and co... i wonder what they have to say now that everyone has been back for about a month.

****i should add that it disturbs me to see pictures of my friend and HT, BW etc all drinking and partying together. tailgating and bars.. house parties. it makes me so sad.

Yes-i see some things on twitter and im just like....wow-its like nothing happened. I dont get it-never will.

I realize its 2 a.m and im the only member on the board....maybe i should call it a night. Ive obsessed enough today.
I beg God everynight to bring an end to this nightmare xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member