IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another random thought. Lauren had been arrested for drinking violations in September of 2010 and had entered the pretrial diversion program:
https://mycase.in.gov/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=5644166
Persons in that program are supposed to avoid any further violations for a period of time (a year?), or else they risk having the whole process start over again, and this time the courts won't be so lenient.
https://www.indiana.edu/~sls/files/YouAndTheCriminalLaw.PDF
http://www.co.monroe.in.us/tsd/Justice/Prosecutor/PreTrialDiversionProgramPDP.aspx
What if Lauren and CR saw someone enter that they recognized as LE? Would that have been reason for them to leave in a hurry without taking phone, shoes, etc.?

Wow, I've missed a lot of posts and new info all of a sudden! Yes, I've wondered before if someone could have messed with LS' stuff. That would change a lot about how people view her behavior that night ... and it could be a red flag of sorts, too. I always wonder why she went back to SW ... to get $$$ for drugs, to call it a night, to hang with CR in her own space? If her shoes were missing, she might have even gone to get a new pair.

Why someone would move/take her stuff is another question. Sometimes girls can be mean ... maybe a girl was there who had a thing for CR and didn't like that LS was with him. Or maybe someone was trying to set LS for something more nefarious, to ensure she didn't have a phone to call for help with or shoes to help her run.

Exactly. I can also imagine that someone who was upset at her for being with CR would move or hide her stuff to "punish" her. It's an immature, mean-girl thing to do. But I would be more inclined to believe in a nefarious motive if her things had not been recoverable.

This is why CR's silence infuriates me. If that's true, it would be really nice if CR collaborated this story ...

Indeed. And if it is true, apparently the Spierer's don't have this info else they would have had a better defense for her being barefoot than the one given in their last statement.

Indeed. And if it is true, apparently the Spierer's don't have this info else they would have had a better defense for her being barefoot than the one given in their last statement.

This supposed info was posted by someone anonymously and I fail to see as to what exactly makes it believable. Considering LS's things were found the next morning no one stole anything from her.

This supposed info was posted by someone anonymously and I fail to see as to what exactly makes it believable. Considering LS's things were found the next morning no one stole anything from her.

If it happened (???), I'd probably see it more as a means of messing with her head than stealing. I've heard of that happening at a HS party here ... between people I thought were friends. Immature, true ... but sometimes young people are just that.

Respectfully snipped:

Lauren and Corey arrive at her apartment in the early hours of June 3. The story goes, they are ambushed on the 5th Floor. CR is knocked down and kicked in the head. Lauren is angry and does not enter her apartment. The guy who attacked CR is a friend of her roommate. So, she walks CR home instead of going home herself.

Was the friend of the guy who attacked CR ever questioned and confirmed this?

Would LS simply stand idle while CR was being attached?

Based upon all my amateur sleuthing I see this as something very important -
it is the only place where violence is mentioned. It seems like this is what the night was building up too - making understanding the what and why of what happened extremely important!

IMO, this is a very likely the place for something to have happened to LS!
Three major red flags:
Violence taking place,.
Cannot get a corroborated account of just what took place and why.
Loss of memory that is not defined to loss for how long, and perhaps too convient.

Naturally!

Respectfully snipped:

it is the only place where violence is mentioned. It seems like this is what the night was building up too - making understanding the what and why of what happened extremely important!

Three major red flags:
Violence taking place,.
Loss of memory that is not defined to loss for how long, and perhaps too convient.

Wasn't it reported that this confrontation is on video? As for LS, I presume she did stand by. What is she expected to do, she is a tiny girl, she is not going to interfere between large men fighting.

How could LS not know CR before the indy race? it appears all her other friends knew him? Im pretty sure that I read that the altercation at SW was over some past business, not because LS was potentially going out on JW. Why would LS friends punch CR in front of her? She obviously was accepting his company, wouldnt her other friends respect that?

The other concern I have is if LS did OD, why would her friends dump her body to cover it up rather than call 911. All they had to say is that they didnt know where she got the drugs. She could have had them before she went out that night. I dont think real friends would put a friend in a trashcan. why? drugs are available everywhere, there would be no proof of where she got them.

The other concern I have is if LS did OD, why would her friends dump her body to cover it up rather than call 911. All they had to say is that they didnt know where she got the drugs. She could have had them before she went out that night. I dont think real friends would put a friend in a trashcan. why? drugs are available everywhere, there would be no proof of where she got them.

Exactly. That's why I think it was murder (assuming that her disappearance means she is no longer alive). One can not also exclude the possibility of sexual assault leading to murder or OD following a sexual assault that led to panic and cover-up. I am puzzled on why this crime has not been solved yet. The cameras in the area and the existence of a time-table prior to her disappearance should have provided clear leads for the police. Of course, we dont know what the BPD knows, but I am still puzzled on why there is not any suspect at this point on which the police is focusing.

Respectfully snipped:

Three major red flags:
Violence taking place,.
Loss of memory that is not defined to loss for how long, and perhaps too convenient.

As far as I know, there was never any confirmation in the MSM of the identity of the guy who punched CR.
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81875
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/09/news.635642.sto

Interesting that chatter on here and elsewhere is picking up a bit. Wonder if we are about to experience some movement in this case.

Not sure what the protocol is for linking external sources, but here's some speculation on
another board from December:

[edited to remove link to the phish board, because I'm not sure it's allowed]

Reading that reminded me why I stopped looking at that website. It is a perfect example of the kind of insensitive stupidity that flourishes under anonymous names on the internet. (Except here, of course ;) )Some of the worst offenders may have ties to this case (several siblings, roommates and friends of POI post there), but the post about the Spierers is by someone who was supporting the case for a long time. Everyone is frustrated with the lack of progress with finding Lauren, no doubt, but putting the blame on the Spierers based on one conversation (with a disgruntled psychic!) seems pretty unfair.

For the record, I had questions about that psychic, Gale St. John, and her cadaver dogs, which I posted here a few months ago. Since no one seemed to know whether the dog story was valid, I looked into her a bit more myself and then dismissed it. I believe there is a reason why this was not repeated in any news sources or more publicized -- because it isn't a credible source of information. I could not find a single source or person (including the host of the podcast which interviewed St. John) who would vouch for the training of her dogs or say they had any kind of official certification.

The Spierers seem to me to be doing everything in their power to find Lauren. Perhaps the reason why they have turned down some offers of 'help' is simply that it is not helpful. I personally would not be interested in employing a psychic or having someone post an unpublished 'book' on the internet about the investigation if one of my family members went missing either.

MOO

Lauren and Corey arrive at her apartment in the early hours of June 3. The story goes, they are ambushed on the 5th Floor. CR is knocked down and kicked in the head. Lauren is angry and does not enter her apartment. The guy who attacked CR is a friend of her roommate. So, she walks CR home instead of going home herself.

Hi Jacobite, glad to see a new poster has joined us!

This account of the 'altercation' at smallwood is a little different than ones I have read before -- Did you hear this from someone at IU? Have you heard anything else about it? This is one of the things that has intrigued me since the beginning and I've always been surprised that more people weren't talking about it, since there were several people involved.

Wasn't it reported that this confrontation is on video? As for LS, I presume she did stand by. What is she expected to do, she is a tiny girl, she is not going to interfere between large men fighting.

BBM

Agree that jumping into the fight would not be wise, but some gals despite their size will do just that if their man is attacked.
But now that appears moot since it appears she did not become involved, and to be sure I am not implying she should have taken part. Glad she didn't.
Yet it seems odd that after the guy she is with is hit so hard that he loses memory, and then what? they all walk away as if nothing had happened? Wouldn't there be at least a flurry of cellphone calls about what just happened?

(snipped for space) Yet it seems odd that after the guy she is with is hit so hard that he loses memory, and then what? they all walk away as if nothing had happened? Wouldn't the be at least a flurry of cellphone calls about what just happened?

I've always thought that. If these guys were -- as the story has been told -- so concerned about CR's inappropriate behavior toward Lauren that they intervened and punched him the face, not to mention the other rumors that Lauren was so intoxicated she could hardly walk at that point, I have no doubt there would be a flurry of cellphone calls when she left with him! I still find it really hard to believe that JW wouldn't have heard about this until the following afternoon.

Didn't some of these men (JR? CR?) have priors?

And if the friends are also partaking, their thinking at 4:30 am tweaked out on yayo and whatever isn't gonna be the most rational. Hyper-paranoid more likely.

Also, if it's true that LS and CR (esp LS, apparently) were talking about what substances they were on while at Kilroy's and people at Smallwood also saw them...

I got the impression early on that LS had been going over to JR's (with her roommate) to partake in these substances as a regular thing at one point.

BBM
they all walk away as if nothing had happened? Wouldn't there be at least a flurry of cellphone calls about what just happened?

Not if CR and LS are in no condition to walk, much less dial a cellphone. Which LS had already lost her cell phone at that point and it's possible CR didn't even own a cell phone. They do cost quite a bit.

No idea about the cell phone activity of the others involved.

Didn't some of these men (JR? CR?) have priors?
Most of the individuals in this case had priors, including LS herself. Others with prior arrests (mostly alcohol related) include CR, JR, JW, ZO, AB, and MB. HT is about the only one with a clean record in mycase.in.gov

BBM

Agree that jumping into the fight would not be wise, but some gals despite their size will do just that if their man is attacked.
But now that appears moot since it appears she did not become involved, and to be sure I am not implying she should have taken part. Glad she didn't.
Yet it seems odd that after the guy she is with is hit so hard that he loses memory, and then what? they all walk away as if nothing had happened? Wouldn't there be at least a flurry of cellphone calls about what just happened?

But CR wasn't exactly "her man." From what we've been told she barely knew him, having met him just a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA