IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Warner is asking the question...
What was Justin Wagers doing in Bloomington at 4:30am on June 3, 2011?
He then implies he was at or in the Waffle House at that time.
Anybody know where he is getting this info from? Anyone see any other confirmation of this anywhere?
I have no idea where he's getting that from, but it goes right along with my earlier post about a construction worker arriving early for work. Way back, we discussed the idea of such a person stopping at the Waffle House for breakfast before his shift. There's probably nothing to it, but I have to say, it gives me an eerie feeling to know that JMW kind of fits that description.

I also know that Warner posted a theory on his blog 4-5 years ago about the highway construction project and missing women.

The gravel driveway location on the property I've described above is clearly visible on Google earth maps:View attachment 88657View attachment 88656

The driveway goes east a bit but then is overgrown and really degrades down to a footpath. The house is at the very end of the drive shown on the map. The trash/old fire remnants, etc. were dotted all along this gravel access road. This GIS arial map from 2005 shows the location of the house, but it's impossible to see on Google earth now because it's so heavily wooded:
View attachment 88658

The huge field to the east has actually been the location of an annual music festival (Needmore Hootenanny -https://www.facebook.com/needmorehootenanny), until it seems they ran out of funds/interest a few years ago. That location and the property with the abandoned house is separated by Plum Creek (the actual creek that the road is named after). It's hard for me to believe that a bunch of music lovers/hippies would have anything to do with the junk strewn throughout the adjacent wooded area, trash piles under tarps, or destroying the abandoned house.

Unfortunately we have lots of heavily wooded, rural areas with abandoned, falling down homes, trash, etc.

Thanks for putting this together, IMH. I hope this property has been searched. If it looked like this in 2005, I can only imagine how grown over it would have been in 2011.

I'm still not finding it?

What was sex offender Justin Wagers doing in Bloomington IN at 4:30 am on Friday June 3rd 2011 when IU student Lauren Spierer went missing? It's 23 miles From where sex offender Justin Wagers lives in the 2900 block of Old Morgantown Rd, Martinsville, IN to 500 block of N College Ave, Bloomington, IN where Lauren Spierer was last known to be at about 4:30 am on June 3, 2011. What was sex offender Justin Wagers doing in Bloomington IN at 4:30 am, was he at/or in the the Waffle house parking lot?

It looks to me like he's asking the question as an "IF": If the police have the correct person in their sights, or a legitimate suspect, what was he doing in Bloomington at 4:30AM (in the first place)? I suppose maybe that could be taken as something that has been uncovered and known that JWN was in Bloomington on June 3rd, 2011 and that is what Warner is saying (maybe his phone put him there?).... But then he's not saying he was at Waffle House. He's asking specifically
"was he at/or in the the Waffle house parking lot?"

Am I missing something else?

It's in the snip you posted: "What was sex offender doing in Bloomington IN at 4:30 etc., etc." But it's cryptic, you're right. Afterward it sounds like he's wonderig if he might have been there.

It is cryptic. But it's also very specific. The Waffle House "parking lot".
He either knows something that has not been released or he is pretending like he does.

I have always thought that an early arriving construction worker was responsible for Jennifer Kesse's kidnapping in Orlando.

Wonder if the transient worker moved North a bit and continued his vicious crimes?

He either knows something that has not been released or he is pretending like he does.

well, if you were sitting in the parking lot facing the street you would have an excellent vantage point to stalk young women walking home late at night. Like so many other buildings in this case. Waffle House is gone

This is what I meant by "perv roundups" a few posts back.
Like the Parking lot at WalMart at night or the Waffle House,
when it was there in between 10th and College and SW; these places attract pervs.

These guys could have used Waffle House to watch the movements of women on a reg. basis. Lauren goes up the street to JRs and eventually comes back down. If you're at Waffle House the same time before work every day, you wait for her to go up the street, and then have plenty of time to position yourself for her return trip....if you're one of these local pervs.

Her opinion is irrelevant, because her view of reality is completely distorted. I feel very, very sorry for her because she seems to think the abuse she's suffered was no big deal.
In the other case, he admitted to battering Green after they had an argument. Court documents say he grabbed her arms, neck, face and throat when she refused to let him see her cellphone.
Green called the incident against her a "mantrum," or a man tantrum. But she said that is a far cry from involvement in a young woman's disappearance.

It's sad that she's modeling this behavior for her young daughter, and that she evidently wasn't concerned about her daughter being around a serial sex offender.

"If I thought for one moment that he was capable of, or linked to, a young girl's disappearance — I have a young daughter — I most certainly would have turned him in myself," Green told IndyStar.

No, theories about the wafflehouse have floated around for a long time. Bill Warner posted a few blog posts about his theories that there was a serial killer targeting young blonde women (including Lauren) over several states, but it included a bunch of people whose cases were obviously unrelated (i.e. there were clear suspects and/or have since been solved - like Holly Bobo, and others)

Hmm, media info came from 'anonymous sources' not an LE press release:

The details of the search warrant for Wagers' home will remain sealed unless criminal charges are filed. Both the FBI and Bloomington police said authorities will not release information about the search.

So if charges are never filed, the public might never know the truth about what led police to Wagers' property. If he has no connection to Spierer, his name might never be completely cleared...

Police never publicly connected their search with Wagers' name. That happened after a local television station cited anonymous sources to report authorities were at the home in connection with the Spierer investigation. Other outlets followed, and Bloomington police eventually confirmed detectives executed a search warrant in Morgan County in connection with the case. They did not release Wagers' name, address or even the city.

"We've been very tight-lipped," Bloomington Police Capt. Steven Kellams said. "We have never given any names at all. At this point, we don't intend to do that."

Ex-wife says the search was based on a tip that came from a woman with a grudge:
Green said she and Wagers' parents think police searched the property because a woman with a grudge against Wagers gave police a false tip.

The woman, Green said, spoke about Spierer in 2012, after the woman and Wagers had an argument.

"She said to me: 'My daughter and I were talking, and we were thinking, if he could have something to do with Lauren Spierer’s disappearance...'" Green said. "I was like, 'Are you crazy?'"
The article goes on to state that the woman in question would not speak to reporters.

(From the indystar article posted above)

If there's anything to this, it may not have just been a grudge - the woman herself could have legitimately wondered about the possible connection between a sex offender who had a white truck and Lauren's disappearance. You'd think if there was anything very concrete though, she would have contacted LE much sooner, since she brought up a possible connection in 2012.

No, theories about the wafflehouse have floated around for a long time. Bill Warner posted a few blog posts about his theories that there was a serial killer targeting young blonde women (including Lauren) over several states, but it included a bunch of people whose cases were obviously unrelated (i.e. there were clear suspects and/or have since been solved - like Holly Bobo, and others)

Really? I dont remember any theories about the parking lot of the waffle house. Can you be more specific?

That stretch of College Avenue used to be pretty sleazy before all the new construction. The Downtown Motel (aka College Motor Inn, aka "rooms by the hour") and the Waffle House were both in the 500 block of north College.

Really? I dont remember any theories about the parking lot of the waffle house. Can you be more specific?

Most of the Waffle House theories came from Bill Warner, who found that two sex offenders worked there.

I think the same person who found DB's tweet also speculated about a police car leaving the Waffle House, but never gave any reason for such speculation.

There were also questions about whether the Waffle House had cameras facing the street, and if so, whether they would have recorded anything significant.

If there's anything to this, it may not have just been a grudge - the woman herself could have legitimately wondered about the possible connection between a sex offender who had a white truck and Lauren's disappearance. You'd think if there was anything very concrete though, she would have contacted LE much sooner, since she brought up a possible connection in 2012.

Obviously, nothing as concrete as witnessing something in the act, but who knows what the wife said that convinced her to not come forward and she's stewed on for all of this time. Really, it goes back to the catch phrase "Something small... (could be big)".

A lot of "something small(s)" probably have been lost or still unmentioned because of the way LE has run this case with little in the way of proper updates or bringing it to the public for help.

If someone assumes 5N has to be guilty and the police are just waiting for them to crack or to get a break against them, why would anyone come forward about someone else for example (thinking they are just bringing trouble onto someone and letting their imagination run wild)?

Of course, maybe after all this time, the woman is less convinced by the wife's denial and less convinced of 5N's guilt after all this time without an arrest.

Just randomly speculating.....

Her opinion is irrelevant, because her view of reality is completely distorted. I feel very, very sorry for her because she seems to think the abuse she's suffered was no big deal.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
It's sad that she's modeling this behavior for her young daughter, and that she evidently wasn't concerned about her daughter being around a serial sex offender.

Exactly. She is diminishing his illegal and depraved actions by making it sound like it's no big deal that he masturbates in front of middle school girls out on the street. And her daughter is around him? ugh.

I wonder what kind of 'disorder' she is chalking his behavior up to.

"Wagers' criminal record of indecent exposure has become part of the story surrounding the search. He currently is in jail on a pending case. He is a registered sex offender. Green said her ex-husband is afflicted by a disorder that leads to the flashing."

Exactly. She is diminishing his illegal and depraved actions by making it sound like it's no big deal that he masturbates in front of middle school girls out on the street. And her daughter is around him? ugh.

I wonder what kind of 'disorder' she is chalking his behavior up to.

"Wagers' criminal record of indecent exposure has become part of the story surrounding the search. He currently is in jail on a pending case. He is a registered sex offender. Green said her ex-husband is afflicted by a disorder that leads to the flashing."

He probably has exhibitionistic disorder. You can read about it here. http://www.theravive.com/therapedia/Exhibitionistic-Disorder-DSM--5-302.4-(F-65.3)

I don't know about BW or any other forum, but if you search THIS sub-forum, "Lauren Spierer", for the word "waffle" quite a few posts should return. I'll do a search when I'm back at my computer.

Personally, I was very strong on the notion that someone could have been lurking inside the Waffle House, or in the parking lot. Our boots on the ground member even checked out the camera placement for us. It's a plausible theory, so I'm not surprised to see BW post about it, though the statements about JMW are puzzling. JMO, but I seriously doubt he has inside information.

Then again, the woman may have come forward in 2012, or there may be no woman at all - that could all be something the ex-wife is telling herself to validate her delusions that JMW is a lovely man. Regardless, they've received over 3000 tips in this case, but this has been the one and only FBI raid. That leads me to believe that whatever the ex-wife thinks and whatever the lady did or didn't say to LE, there had to be credible info coming from somewhere. The FBI doesn't throw those kind of resources at baseless allegations made by a grudge holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven