IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have. Not sure I understand the reason for the question....I don't question anyone's perspective/opinion, but there are plenty of posts here trying to 'convince' others of their perspective, but no one really knows....I thought the statement/post that I quoted made about different possibilities was appropriate...even the investigator says 33 1/3. I don't think that the Podcast confirms anyone....could be 5N guys, could be Jesse, could be DM, could be stranger or could be other....no one really knows. So yeah, I do understand the scenarios and passion, I don't understand why the convincing one way or the other.

I def agree it could be any of the scenarios you mentioned.

Its not that I try to convince people. But when folks here say that Lauren was unconscious during her trip up the alley
with CR, and then use that to say her friends disposed of her body right after that....I always remind people that the PIs who viewed the video say she was "very much alive" as they haphazardly made their way up the alley, with CR pushing, pulling, and carrying her.

LE left huge holes in the narrative, mislead us, and folded under the pressure of really not having anything on her friends. Like the SFK case, LE does not have a lot of passion and gung ho going after student murders that have the booze and drug stigma attached. we have seen this time after time.
Like in the SFK case, the onlookers blame the victims. It was their behavior that caused them harm so the story goes. This caused an entire genre of criminal. one who goes after someone who has already caused trouble or an altercation or drawn attention to themselves for their behavior.

We need to ask ourselves, how does a criminal like DM
fall continuously for DECADES through the cracks until finally through his fault, leaving his cell phone next to the victim at the scene of a murder, for heavens sake, he is caught.
How, how, how. He was a known violent ex con criminal and was still running around the bars bothering women BEFORE Lauren. In between Lauren and Hannah, he was
accused by a dozen women of stalking them, and in between Lauren and Hannah. he assaulted a woman and his DNA just sat there in a lab until he killed Hannah and then that victim went back to LE and voila, his DNA matched.
.They even had him in for questioning .After Lauren and before Hannah, when the women were going to LE with his stalking and even recording them, it seems almost ludicrous that they did not bring him in for the assault victim, being that she said she had come awake
and was in a strange mans car, and the women said he tried to get them into his car! They already had DNA from her assault but did not even check if it was his when they had him right there!! Here DM is, sitting in jail after killing Hannah, and this assault victim had to go back to LE and remind them of her case.

Let us not forget that there was DNA from an unidentified male all over Hannahs crime scene. When I hear folks say Bloomington is absolutely safe to carouse downtown, I always warn them to never, ever get away from their friends . DMs killer friend is still out there.

I do not want to diss LE but in this case, they let this violent criminal run all about for 5 years, at least one dead and one assaulted, during these five years, many more women recorded being assaulted, we even have these
articles with links on Laurens threads.

Will have to look for this one ...it was a woman walking alone at night on Dunn, a guy came out of a van and tried to force her in but she fought him and they took off when traffic came by. 2 guys. This was after Lauren but before Hannah.

This sh#@ is escalating. So no it is not relatively safe to be out alone at night.

Last edited:
Let us not forget that there was DNA from an unidentified male all over Hannahs crime scene.

This!

The above is one of the important points in this thread that should be repeated ad nauseum IMO.

Much like DM, it is probable this DNA is also on file somewhere, associated with similar events.

This!

The above is one of the important points in this thread that should be repeated ad nauseum IMO.

Much like DM, it is probable this DNA is also on file somewhere, associated with similar events.

Tell me if this is too big brotherish....Maybe they should go into an area,let us just say Bloomington and surrounding areas. Cross reference all criminal DNA for anything even vaguely violent with any DNA collected from assault victims. IOW if someone commits a violent crime they immediately have to give DNA that is immediately cross referenced and stays cross referenced with all assault victims.

DM committed an extremely violent assault AT A BAR and served time for it. IIRC, his DNA was on file for it.
BUT when he assaulted the victim who survived, they did not discover it was his DNA even though she did submit...maybe because at that time, the DNA under her fingernails was not enough for the test.

But come on, LE knew this guy was a violent con and they knew he was stalking women. just cannot fathom wtf.

Would be very interested to know the instances of any stalking on file before Lauren. We have all the info in Hannahs thread I think. Like when DM was released....and then how many assaults and stalkings occured from that time until Lauren went missing.

I always say this but after Lauren and before Hannah, we were on Laurens threads documenting several assaults and near assaults occurring in the exact kill zone but at the time, we did not have the entire kill zone drawn out until after Hannah. Adding Yogis to the kill zone really enhances the whole thing, because not only did Hannah live around the corner from Yogis, but so did Laurens bf 3 years before, and so did the women who called LE on DM from stalking them, in between Lauren and Hannah! But, even though we knew assaults were still going on in the same area....between Lauren and Hannah, the 5N guys and Laurens bf were still the main interests until DM murdered Hannah.

In Laurens case, at first I thought it was abduction. Then, I got into the frenzy of blaming the friends. Once you get into that, it becomes a huge rabbit hole. But, I always had a doubt, then there was a remote viewer guy from Hawaii.

What he decribes is Lauren being there, and then suddenly slammed against a wall and abducted.

What if....JR was telling the truth, and they somehow got blacked out Lauren able to walk out and meet bf on the corner, but bf takes too much time, Lauren is at the corner, JR from his 2 story balcony balcony thinks he
saw Lauren talking to a security guard.

He most likely thought Lauren and bf were getting tickets.
My guess is that Jesse took his sweet time and when he got there she was gone. Remember JR always said there was that other call. IMO it was to Jesse. LE would not release the name.

IMO, both JR and Jesse were astonished that Lauren had vanished, maybe they at first blamed each other but as time went on they knew they each did not do it.

After all the malicious things that went on that night, and indeed contributed to Laurens death it was easy to assume the Occam Razor thing, the logical thing, the often outcome thing, but in this case no, way more complicated.

Last edited:
On June 3, 2021, Charlene Spierer wrote an emotional post on the Official Lauren Spierer Updates from Her Family Facebook page. She shared the emotional journey she has been on over the last decade and expressed gratitude to Ciravolo, who she said has become a close friend of the family, and to those who have continued to show their support and love through the years.

Charlene also gave a special thanks to her husband Rob, and their daughter Rebecca, “without whom I could not have survived.”

“What happened to Lauren was shocking. It is inconceivable to have spoken to Lauren hours before discovering it would be for the last time. Shocking that someone so loved could vanish without a trace but entirely possible,” Charlene wrote.

“It did happen and ten years later I still struggle. The space that once held hopes and dreams for Lauren will never heal. It is replaced by an ache fueled by the not knowing. I have learned to manage my days, months, and years, but in an instant, something will happen which sends me reeling back to the day it all happened.

“I try my best, I will survive, I will never forget. I do not need a day like today to remember because every day is a day of remembrance.”
Lauren Spierer's Disappearance: A Private Investigator and Podcast Host Searches for Answers into a Decade-Old Mystery

p
Hunting Regulations | eRegulations
here's what is illegal to hunt from May30-June 10 in Indiana:
red or gray fox
coyote or striped skunk
raccoon or possum
wild turkey
frogs
turtles
rabbits
quail
pheasant
deer
squirrel
then it opens up to frogs June 15 (along the creek)
and turtles July 1. (along the creek)
Wild turkeys won't come in til mid April of the next year.
Everything else starts in Oct and varies but all end by, April, mid May.

So mushroom seasoned has ended, and no hunting allowed in the area and time of our crimes.

now for a weather report, brb
Just realized after rereading my post from 2 years ago that Jill Berman was abducted Labor Day weekend and her remains were found 2 years later by mushroom hunters.

So it has been 7 years. The next few weeks would be an important time for LE to watch the bars around closing, even for amateur sleuths to keep an eye out May 3 thru Jun 11. Failure of LE to link the crimes and almost twice the years passed may make our killer on the loose take another chance.
Unless he is incarcerated somewhere or maybe too old to commit abduction, rape, murder and concealment by himself
Has to be **********..

Last edited:
From the Herald Times: "Fingernail clippings cut from Wilson’s right hand during her autopsy contained traces of her own DNA and that of an unknown male, not Messel."

IU student Hannah Wilson was murdered in April 2015. It's been 7 years. I have little faith in Indiana police to solve Lauren's case nor the Delphi murders. I have always thought it is highly likely DM could be responsible for Lauren's disappearance. Possibly the answer lies in the unknown male DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven