IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oblique March 27, 2017:
ObliqueC_03_27_2017.JPG

Happy to help. Perhaps some of this imagery will be useful. Here is an oblique view of the cabin taken April 02, 2020:

The orthographic view from April 13 shows a burn pit, or is it a well ?to the right and south of the cabin. I'm an amateur, so
looking at these pics, would there be evidence of even an older cabin near this one? We are looking...or should I say BFOD is looking, for an abandoned well.

This area is suspect in my eyes. I am rereading this thread and am on page 11 or so, pretty amazing as around page 2 or so we start discussing the ACs and you can see how they were pooh poohed as some prank. Also the weird coupla posts from an AUSSIE. It's like as soon as we discussed the ACs, he popped up and claimed he met a girl (picked her up at a bar and went home with her) who claims she was with Lauren's boyfriend and he drunkenly confessed to accidentally killing Lauren; and then took us on a wild goose chase to Ohio.

I find this guy suspicious. It was like he was saying, no, don't search the ACs because here I am, an Aussie, saying the boyfriend confessed, nothing to see here folks.

Also, makes me think...some of these criminals are out of jail, better get some dogs out there quick, and also, LE better start watching these people in case they panic and try another body relocation.

Want to thank Vislaw! please stay with us, to my untrained eye I see several smallish clearings on that land.

Could a dog expert come on and tell us what a dog could find after 9 years? I know they are capable but what can we expect?

ObliqueA_04_02_2020.JPG

For comparison, here is an orthographic view of the property taken April 13, 2014:
Orthographic_04_15_2014.JPG

Feel free to send me a PM with your e-mail and I can send you more high resolution coverage of this area from different dates.
Happy to help. Perhaps some of this imagery will be useful. Here is an oblique view of the cabin taken April 02, 2020:

ObliqueA_04_02_2020.JPG

For comparison, here is an orthographic view of the property taken April 13, 2014:
Orthographic_04_15_2014.JPG

Feel free to send me a PM with your e-mail and I can send you more high resolution coverage of this area from different dates.

Holy cow!! I just enlarged that last photo and see several spots that seem hinky. We need to sleuth this property, previous owners, and what the local people might know about this VERY BAD VIBE PLACE. Is it just me, or does this area seem weird, evil, or just off? The other day I took Brummett's creek road from 46 over to 45, passed by Baby Creek Rd. and got mega bad
vibes.
Just off the cuff I feel that this spot has been used for decades by miscreants as a hideout. We need to find out who originally owned property there, it's history, etc. There is the abandoned well that property owners told BFOD about. We need to find that well. if there is a well, it will be hidden with something on top of it. if they have thrown bodies down the well, they will want to disguise it.

I'm seeing a genre, not an actual group, who stalk, hunt people. These people may not actually join in with each other every time, but as years go by, they realize each other, and may, on occasion, admit what they have done. They are hunting the same grounds.

I cannot shake the idea that this particular stretch of woods, the abandoned well, cabin, etc,
has been "handed down" and maybe even in the past being owned by someone the suspects worked for or even owned in the past by suspects family.

but does that matter? It's all about recovery, and as I said before, the bad guys have probably already read this. dogs, dogs, dogs.

J

Holy cow!! I just enlarged that last photo and see several spots that seem hinky. We need to sleuth this property, previous owners, and what the local people might know about this VERY BAD VIBE PLACE. Is it just me, or does this area seem weird, evil, or just off? The other day I took Brummett's creek road from 46 over to 45, passed by Baby Creek Rd. and got mega bad
vibes.
Just off the cuff I feel that this spot has been used for decades by miscreants as a hideout. We need to find out who originally owned property there, it's history, etc. There is the abandoned well that property owners told BFOD about. We need to find that well. if there is a well, it will be hidden with something on top of it. if they have thrown bodies down the well, they will want to disguise it.

I'm seeing a genre, not an actual group, who stalk, hunt people. These people may not actually join in with each other every time, but as years go by, they realize each other, and may, on occasion, admit what they have done. They are hunting the same grounds.

I cannot shake the idea that this particular stretch of woods, the abandoned well, cabin, etc,
has been "handed down" and maybe even in the past being owned by someone the suspects worked for or even owned in the past by suspects family.

but does that matter? It's all about recovery, and as I said before, the bad guys have probably already read this. dogs, dogs, dogs.

P.s. How could we go about seeing who owns/owned that cabin/the surrounding property? Should I just approach the closest house and ask them if they know? (Not alone of course, I’d take some members of group with me.)

If nothing else, they might have seen something or heard rumors about the area.

J

Please forgive me as I’m only on thread #28 of the Lauren Spierer discussion, so I’m obviously not up to date, but I do feel compelled to state my own opinion on Lauren’s disappearance.

I feel that this IS a case where it boils down to a random abduction, and then possibly rape and murder.
Of the cases I’ve followed over the years this seems to be a far more likely conclusion when it comes to missing young females who’s bodies are sometimes never found.

Of note:
Brittanee Drexel
Mickey Shunick
Leah Roberts
Maura Murray
Brooke Wilberger
Briana Maitland
Holly Bobo
Jennifer Kesse

I really believe Lauren just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and in a very vulnerable condition too.
There are and have been quite a few Ted Bundy’s wandering the earth, and just maybe one of these many monsters happened upon Lauren.

Something else to note when considering alternative theories and those who have automatically ruled out any involvement of JW or HT is stories like the Pedro Bravo case.
Here was a guy that murdered his best friend in a car park because he believed he was in love with his best friends girlfriend. He even went so far as to go with her to the police station to report his friend missing, and was her ‘shoulder to cry’ on throughout the ordeal. Evidence eventually led to him being the culprit though.

Really where was HT the night Lauren went missing? She sounded at the time like she may of had a thing for JW. Could that of been motive for making Lauren disappear?

Something else to note when considering alternative theories and those who have automatically ruled out any involvement of JW or HT is stories like the Pedro Bravo case.
Here was a guy that murdered his best friend in a car park because he believed he was in love with his best friends girlfriend. He even went so far as to go with her to the police station to report his friend missing, and was her ‘shoulder to cry’ on throughout the ordeal. Evidence eventually led to him being the culprit though.

Really where was HT the night Lauren went missing? She sounded at the time like she may of had a thing for JW. Could that of been motive for making Lauren disappear?
If HT had anything to do with it she sure played it well. Of Laurens circle of people she had by far the most camera time and interviews.
I often wonder about her level of involvement as well as the three gents that Cory and Lauren encountered as they got off the elevator at the apartment.

While others understandably are perusing theories surrounding Hannah's killer and the possible connection to Lauren...I'm sticking with the "original" crowd and specifically 9 North. In my view that is the location from where she went missing.

It's great to see that people are out searching this summer.
Reading through the search ideas is interesting and re-enforces the idea of "picking a direction" as I like to say...or having a theory and seeing it through.
My theory to Lauren's disappearance will be taking me to a few different areas (within the same region as other searchers) this fall as temps get cooler.
Good luck to us all....we can't stop till she's home.

Please forgive me as I’m only on thread #28 of the Lauren Spierer discussion, so I’m obviously not up to date, but I do feel compelled to state my own opinion on Lauren’s disappearance.

I feel that this IS a case where it boils down to a random abduction, and then possibly rape and murder.
Of the cases I’ve followed over the years this seems to be a far more likely conclusion when it comes to missing young females who’s bodies are sometimes never found.

Of note:
Brittanee Drexel
Mickey Shunick
Leah Roberts
Maura Murray
Brooke Wilberger
Briana Maitland
Holly Bobo
Jennifer Kesse

I really believe Lauren just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and in a very vulnerable condition too.
There are and have been quite a few Ted Bundy’s wandering the earth, and just maybe one of these many monsters happened upon Lauren.
I agree.
I'm around 70/30 in regards to Israel Keyes. All of the pieces fit -- he was traveling thru Indiana on the day that Lauren disappeared and her body has never been recovered. (Only one of his 11 or 12 victims -- which is only a ballpark estimate given by the FBI -- has ever been located and that was only after IK gave them detailed instructions on how to find her.)

I agree.
I'm around 70/30 in regards to Israel Keyes. All of the pieces fit -- he was traveling thru Indiana on the day that Lauren disappeared and her body has never been recovered. (Only one of his 11 or 12 victims -- which is only a ballpark estimate given by the FBI -- has ever been located and that was only after IK gave them detailed instructions on how to find her.)

I apologise in advance if I haven’t used the quote function correctly, I’m still trying to navigate the website.

You’ve brought up a great point. I hadn’t thought about IK specifically, just really the idea that they are enough of them out there like him. It’s interesting that he was in the area around the time Lauren disappeared. It’s definitely a possibility that he was involved.

I feel like the longer and longer Lauren is not found that it points to either her being taken far out of the area, or ‘disposed of’ in a manner that she wouldn’t be found, at least not very easily. I feel like that points more to somebody out of the area, or who had prior experience of how to make somebody disappear. That strikes me as more of a professional type/serial killer.

If HT had anything to do with it she sure played it well. Of Laurens circle of people she had by far the most camera time and interviews.
I often wonder about her level of involvement as well as the three gents that Cory and Lauren encountered as they got off the elevator at the apartment.

While others understandably are perusing theories surrounding Hannah's killer and the possible connection to Lauren...I'm sticking with the "original" crowd and specifically 9 North. In my view that is the location from where she went missing.

She may of played it well, just as PD played it well. Honestly if it wasn’t for the investigators finding the store receipt in his trash basket then he may of gotten away with it too. CCTV footage from the store showing him and the victim (his best friend) together was his final undoing...

I just didn’t get particularly good vibes from her at all, and I’m still not sure of just what her alibi for that night was/is, and if it is verified. It may be a reach to suspect her, but I don’t think it’s really that far from suspecting any of Lauren’s other friends and acquaintances.

At this point I really think the 5N crew are ‘red herrings’ so to speak.
I may be in the very small minority, but for the most part I buy their stories.
I also see it as near impossible that 3 guys would all cover up for each other for a who knows what kind of crime, especially when you take into account the police work that was done on the basis of these 3 guys being the last to see Lauren, and no evidence whatsoever was found. Had she died anywhere in/near their apartments then evidence would of been found, whether that be cadaver scent, bodily fluids, murder weapon, obvious use of a vehicle to transport her body elsewhere, scratches/marks on perps, etc... there’s just nothing. Nothing to suspect them literally apart from being the last known people to have seen her.

well, it could have been a reason she wouldn't let Lauren in her own apt. And to keep Lauren's boyfriend JW aware of what Lauren was up to. IMO that's what HT was up to, letting JW know Lauren's activities w. CR.
Lauren's friends were playing an out of control alcohol and drug fueled stalking game with Lauren. Never realizing someone else was also stalking them/

Hello all, this is my first post on WS. I spent the last week going down the rabbit hole on this case and I spent many hours reading through these threads. I’m glad that Lauren’s story is still on peoples minds. Lauren and her parents deserve justice.

There’s a couple questions that I’m wondering about. Somewhere in this thread, somebody mentioned that JR and JW bought real estate together? I can’t find any info on this myself but I would like to look further into it if someone can point me in the right direction. To me that seems to be a big red flag. Over the years JW and his parents have expressed anger and frustration at people saying their son was involved and the scrutiny by the media. I recall that JW even had some outbursts on FB and to media members. You would think that the LAST person he’d go into business with is the last person to allegedly see Lauren, and “caused” this situation in the first place by not ensuring she was safely walked home. How have these two POI’s maintained such a close relationship over the years that they are willing to go into business together? Hmm. Didn’t JW and his father show up at CR’s door and yell at him? Why is JR off the hook from his dad if he let her leave in the state they thought she was in? The fact that his father came into town so quickly has always been strange. The multiple, unsolicited comments by his mother about how Lauren “is not here because of her drug use” seemed strangely defensive to me. The impulsive actions by him and his family are what prompted me to start looking at JW more closely. The fact that they can’t keep it together when they fully know that their actions are being scrutinized by everyone is also telling. I remember mention of a video of JW and his father pulling out of their driveway and almost hitting a reporter. I searched for it but couldn’t find it, sadly a lot of the original links in these threads don’t work. If anyone knows where it is please let me know. The more I pry, the more my gut tells me he was involved. I know this also means absolutely nothing objectively lol but I personally get a very bad feeling when I look at photos of him. Just unease and nervous. But I could be biased of course. It definitely feels like something fishy is going on with the groups of friends involved, and let’s not forget the fraternity ties.

The second thing I wanted to mention was this post I came across on a blog post about Lauren. It caught my eye because it’s so recent and I remember mentions of a cell phone ping in Martinsville. I know areas where searched but I’m not sure where. Could someone with more knowledge of the searches tell me if this area was checked? It was according to the poster, but who knows. Also—pardon my lack of knowing but why would rain make them not be able to find her body after it’s over? Is he saying that caused to it go out of the area or that instead of the river it will now be on land somewhere?

Attachments

• 05B3ACF2-9B84-453A-87D8-B4C0DB36F0A7.jpeg
    05B3ACF2-9B84-453A-87D8-B4C0DB36F0A7.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
day one here, also. yes the friend of JR who drove home, DB, could have taken her and dropped her any where on the road to Michigan. I can't tell you the hours I spent poking into DB's family in MI. what a bunch of entitled prats. Even after his girlfriend went missing after being in JRs apt, JW, her boyfriend, still bought a building and went into biz w. JR. Years after LS disappeared, another woman was brutally murdered and the perp was all over the exact area, knew the only eye witness(!!) to seeing Lauren smack her head, was in front of the same place and was seen on camera following the cab the murdered girl started out for her house in!
So....we've got the friends who were all up to their ears in drugs, sex, and betrayal running
parallel to vicious sexual predators who know the lay of the land BETTER than the kids or the
cops. But I tell ya, this will be solved.

This is the post I spoke about JR and JW being in business together. Thank you for that information, I appreciate all of your posts. Where can I read more about this/get more info?

This is the post I spoke about JR and JW being in business together. Thank you for that information, I appreciate all of your posts. Where can I read more about this/get more info?
. Are JR and JW fairly equal financial partners? If one was unlikely to be able to fund the endeavor without the other, perhaps someone’s silence is being rewarded....

Doubting Thomas and I were the ones who found and investigated those two had a business together and bought a building together just weeks after Lauren went missing.

We got a time out during this search, can't remember the exact reason. One of the problems with this case us, these people involved are so freaking ambiguous.

I>E> JR and JW could have gone into business because they were both guilty, or, because they weren't guilty.

Take DB, the out of town guest. He has some shady accusations in his home town, was rumored to be the drug connection, yet the cops won't even name him as a POI. This guy was a HUGE rabbit hole when you did research on the crimes committed in and around property his family owns.

ZO, the attacker in the Altercation which caused Lauren to go back out into the street to her death, has a blotchy record of
fights, drug dealing etc.

The bartender witness, who claims she saw Lauren fall and hit her head; also knew Hannah Wilson's killer DM. who is a suspect now in Lauren's disappearance.

On and on, we won't go through every one.

It's like numerology, you can seem to make each suspect or POI fit the scenario somehow, each friend contributing to her death in some way.

Because like it or not, each one did. Everyone Lauren was consorting with did something, or reacted to something, that made the night turn deadly. If they pursued her, locked her out of her apartment, hid her phone, attacked her date, forced her into the night unprepared, they are responsible for that. That is their fault. Which is why they all lawyered up, which is why everyone thinks they did it.

I don't think the "kids" did it, the death and cover up. Like I said, we did an exhaustive search of every one involved backgrounds and family ties. What we have here, collectively, is hundreds of millions of dollars. MB was a POI, but did we know that his family and one of Lauren's roomies family had a mega business together? Each one of the inner circle involved was worth at least a hundred million dollars with the exception of CR, whom they instinctively all tried to blame, btw.

I think they look guilty because they are entitled prats who acted like prats. and their prattiness caused Lauren to flee her apartment and into the sights of a serial killed named DM.

It's almost like he knew all along that we would accuse these people because he had been watching this crowd for a long time, knew how they behaved, knew that employees of the bars they frequented didn't like them; knew where they lived and the alleys they walked through to get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX