IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadar Tamir, Spierer's roommate at Smallwood Plaza apartments, on Monday filled in more details of that morning, saying Spierer was hanging out with her until 12:30 a.m., then went with another Smallwood resident, David Rohn, to friend Jay Rosenbaum's apartment up the street.

Spierer, Rohn and Rosenbaum watched a basketball game at Rosenbaum's, said Tamir, who is friends with Rohn and Rosenbaum. They were joined there by Corey Rossman, who lives two doors down, she said. Tamir said Mike Beth, Rossman's roommate, was also there.

A while later, Rossman and Spierer went to a bar, Tamir said, and Rohn returned to Smallwood.

About 2:30 a.m., Spierer -- who left her cell phone and shoes at the bar -- and Rossman returned to her building, where other students confronted him.

One punched him in the face, causing him to lose memory of the exchange and his interactions with Spierer after that, Rossman's lawyer said.

They then went to Rossman's building, where Beth, his roommate, put him to bed, said Beth's lawyer, Ronald Chapman.

Beth watched Spierer leave. She then went to Rosenbaum's apartment.

Tamir, who has spoken with Rosenbaum since then, said Monday that he had tried to prevent her from leaving.

"He told me he tried to make her stay and sleep on his couch but she refused, so finally after trying to convince her, she left," Tamir told The Journal News.

"He told me he watched her leave and told her, 'If you stumble then I'm going to make you come back in here.' But he watched her leave and she seemed fine so he just let her go," Tamir said.

Before leaving, Tamir said, Spierer used Rosenbaum's phone to call Rohn to see if he knew where her phone was.

Chapman, who represented Rohn in a prior public intoxication case and spoke with him in recent days about his interactions with Spierer, would only say that that "somebody" called Rohn at 4:15 a.m. and that "he didn't answer his phone because he was in bed."

He did say that police questioned Rohn.

"It's pretty clear that the police looked at his phone," Chapman said. "They wanted to talk to him and everything seemed copacetic."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

A couple thoughts regarding this new info:

- IMO the above info absolves CR and MB. I now completely believe their actions to be true. That coupled with the fact that they are on living their lives leads me to believe they have nothing to hide. I'm guessing that they have not been allowed to help in searches.

- I wonder how much we can take Hadar's word?? I thought she originally said LS was looking for someone to go out with and left to meet CR at Kilroy's? Now she left with Rohn and went to JR's to watch BB game? Again curious that if she went to watch BB game, why wouldn't she choose to do so with her BF?

- So LS and CR head to Kilroys. JR stays behind, Rohn goes home, and MB returns to his apt to do homework.

- Around 3am LS returns a stumbling CR to his apt. and MB puts him to bed. Would make sense then that LS would go back to JR's especially since she had been there earlier in the night.

- "Someone" calls Rohn at 4:15am. I wonder if Lauren's roommate knows this is Lauren because she left a message for Rohn or if it's because that is what JR told her? This timeline fits with JR's and if is true, we know LS is most certainly alive at 4:15am. I would be interested to know if any additional calls were made from JR's phone around that same time? I question why LS would call Rohn and ask if he knew where her phone was? Rohn had gone home, so how would he know? Surely she'd remembered taking it to Kilroys with CR? I wonder if she went back and tried to ask CR if he knew where her phone was?

- JR tries to convince LS to stay, she insists upon leaving. He recognizes she is intoxicated, watches her leave, doesn't see her stumbling, so decides (perhaps against better judgement) to let her walk home, afterall, it's only a few blocks.

- So LS knew she didn't have her phone. I wonder if on the walk home she realized she didn't have her keys as well. Maybe she knew her roommates would let her in? Maybe she made her way back to the alley or somewhere to look for them? But no reports of cameras seeing her after 4am in the alley.

UGH! Where could she be????

At this stage, they will often ask for DNA to see who will and who will not comply.

I agree that the reason for DNA collection at this stage is most likely to see who would comply.
Have we heard anything about lie detector tests? Even though they are not reliable, LE frequently use them for the same reason-to see who would comply.

So did JR agree to take a lie detector test? Did JR provide a DNA sample? Is he out of town? What was JR doing in the days after she went missing? I am really amused that we heard so little from him/his lawyer, and media even leaves his name out of many articles (yet CR is mentioned constantly) considering JR is the last known person to have seen her before she went missing.

My heart BREAKS for these parents.

Her mom is heartbroken. And her dad, such a class act. He didn't say anything bad about Corey or Jesse - but, he also didn't defend Jesse like we have previously heard from him.

So did JR agree to take a lie detector test? What was JR doing in the days after she went missing? I am really amused that we heard so little from him/his lawyer, and media even leaves his name out of the articles, considering he is the last known person to have seen her before she went missing.

The only person named that took a lie detector test was CR. JR hasn't done anything to clear his name. Now we are hearing more about JR but it comes from LS's roommate, not JR or his lawyer. He seems to be the one that knows the most.

I think JR and JW were from their little group of friends... Corey and Mike seems to be "newer" friends. Therefore, we see people closer to Lauren sticking up to Jay and Jesse more than to Corey and Mike - which really does not mean anything.

My heart BREAKS for these parents.

Her mom is heartbroken. And her dad, such a class act. He didn't say anything bad about Corey or Jesse - but, he also didn't defend Jesse like we have previously heard from him.

I think that at this point you start to doubt everyone involved. Praying that they remain strong throughout this terrible time.

This may sound silly to some, but I really wish we could get a forensic astrology report around many of the times reported, as well as for LS herself.

Too bad there can't be a sticky legend at the top with all the initials and acronyms. I check the thread 4-5 times a day and am completely lost as to who all of these people are :) Guess I should go back and re-read.

I hope LE is developing some real evidence from all of the time spent on these students, as it is more than 10 days now and any possible trail, if vehicles on tape don't come through, is long gone...if this is one of the very rare random stranger abductions.

Does anyone have Lauren's DOB? That coupled with all the time stamps could help and we could make a request in the forensic astrology thread.

For those not familiar, this has nothing to do with pyschics/visions. It's more of a science...you'd be surprised how accurate some of the info can turn out to be.

Does anyone have Lauren's DOB? That coupled with all the time stamps could help and we could make a request in the forensic astrology thread.

For those not familiar, this has nothing to do with pyschics/visions. It's more of a science...you'd be surprised how accurate some of the info can turn out to be.

According to posts from friends' FB pages, her birthday is 1/17/91, not sure if that can be used as a source, last time officially seen per LE seems to be between 3am-3:15AM on tape, I believe, the morning of June 3rd?

According to posts from friends' FB pages, her birthday is 1/17/91, not sure if that can be used as a source, last time officially seen per LE seems to be between 3am-3:15AM on tape, I believe, the morning of June 3rd?

Hmm...maybe if we find one more source that her birthday is indeed 1/17/91, then we can consider it confirmed? Thanks for the info!

LS- Lauren Spierer
HT- Hadar Tamir (Lauren's roommate)
JW- Jesse Wolff (Lauren's current BF)
DR- David Rohn(friend of Lauren and Hadar, lives in Smallwood)

CR- Corey Rossman (Lauren's friend, met a couple weeks ago at Indy 500 via Jay)
MB- Mike Beth (Corey's roommate, met a couple weeks ago at Indy 500 via Jay)
JR- Jay Rosenbaum (Friend of Lauren & Hadar and allegedly knew Jesse from a frat, hung out with LS and HT last year)

Salzmann - Corey's lawyer
Chapman - Mike's lawyer
Voyles - Jay's lawyer
Lozano - Jesse's lawyer

feel free to add more...

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

A couple thoughts regarding this new info:

- IMO the above info absolves CR and MB. I now completely believe their actions to be true. That coupled with the fact that they are on living their lives leads me to believe they have nothing to hide. I'm guessing that they have not been allowed to help in searches.

- I wonder how much we can take Hadar's word?? I thought she originally said LS was looking for someone to go out with and left to meet CR at Kilroy's? Now she left with Rohn and went to JR's to watch BB game? Again curious that if she went to watch BB game, why wouldn't she choose to do so with her BF?

- So LS and CR head to Kilroys. JR stays behind, Rohn goes home, and MB returns to his apt to do homework.

- Around 3am LS returns a stumbling CR to his apt. and MB puts him to bed. Would make sense then that LS would go back to JR's especially since she had been there earlier in the night.

- "Someone" calls Rohn at 4:15am. I wonder if Lauren's roommate knows this is Lauren because she left a message for Rohn or if it's because that is what JR told her? This timeline fits with JR's and if is true, we know LS is most certainly alive at 4:15am. I would be interested to know if any additional calls were made from JR's phone around that same time? I question why LS would call Rohn and ask if he knew where her phone was? Rohn had gone home, so how would he know? Surely she'd remembered taking it to Kilroys with CR? I wonder if she went back and tried to ask CR if he knew where her phone was?

- JR tries to convince LS to stay, she insists upon leaving. He recognizes she is intoxicated, watches her leave, doesn't see her stumbling, so decides (perhaps against better judgement) to let her walk home, afterall, it's only a few blocks.

- So LS knew she didn't have her phone. I wonder if on the walk home she realized she didn't have her keys as well. Maybe she knew her roommates would let her in? Maybe she made her way back to the alley or somewhere to look for them? But no reports of cameras seeing her after 4am in the alley.

UGH! Where could she be????

Fantastic post mrsu!:rocker::woohoo:

Hitting the thanks button wasn't good enough! You actually brought up some inconsistencies that I had noticed and worded it so much better than I did.

The 4:15 am phone call to DR really bothers me. It makes NO sense whatsoever, IMO. Why wouldn't she have called her roommate instead?
I find it suspicious and I am not convinced that it was Lauren who made that call unless she left a voice message. I hope LE has subpeonaed (sp?) phone records of all these boys. I also hope LE is reviewing every video they can get ahold of to document any and all comings and goings of these boys throughout the night.

I honestly hope these male students are ruled out as being involved but, I always look at the last persons to see the missing person first. If these guys were involved, they had to have slipped up somewhere since they were 'partying' (whatever that means).

Some things just don't add up. I am glad you took notice and spoke up because I didn't really want to mention it and risk sounding as tho I was falsely accusing them. I hope Hadar keeps on talkiing and giving interviews.

MOO

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members