IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What phone would Lauren be using at 4:15AM?

Hi clu:seeya:

The indystar article in mrsu's link mentioned that LS tried to call DR at smallwood from JR's apt to see if he knew where her phone was.

wm

Fantastic post mrsu!:rocker::woohoo:

Hitting the thanks button wasn't good enough! You actually brought up some inconsistencies that I had noticed and worded it so much better than I did.

The 4:15 am phone call to DR really bothers me. It makes NO sense whatsoever, IMO. Why wouldn't she have called her roommate instead?
I find it suspicious and I am not convinced that it was Lauren who made that call unless she left a voice message. I hope LE has subpeonaed (sp?) phone records of all these boys. I also hope LE is reviewing every video they can get ahold of to document any and all comings and goings of these boys throughout the night.

I honestly hope these male students are ruled out as being involved but, I always look at the last persons to see the missing person first. If these guys were involved, they had to have slipped up somewhere since they were 'partying' (whatever that means).

Some things just don't add up. I am glad you took notice and spoke up because I didn't really want to mention it and risk sounding as tho I was falsely accusing them. I hope Hadar keeps on talkiing and giving interviews.

MOO

wm

Thank you!

Another thing I noticed was HT said it was 2 other friends that went down and filed the missing persons report at the police station, while I also read where JW's lawyer, Lozano, stated that JW was the one to make the report and called the police as soon as he realized something could be wrong.

Wonder which of those is the truth?

Hi clu:seeya:

The indystar article in mrsu's link mentioned that LS tried to call DR at smallwood from JR's apt to see if he knew where her phone was.

wm

Or could it be a call JR made at 4:15AM he needs an explanation for?

(Hi, Matilida-this reminds me so much of Brittanee...)

Presser beginning, talking about developing maps and timeline. video enhancement of vehicles could not be accomplished

FBI has videos and are trying to enhance it for police. Interviews continuing, second tier of people to speak with, family interviewed this am

Search efforts continuing, national experts brought in from NCMEC

rec'd close to 1000 tips so far, uging anyone w/info to come forward

Initial description of clothing update: white v neck shirt w/sleeves to elbow, scooped @ front, bottom, back, sleeves are "bell" or "butterfly", material is distressed. Black leggings have silver zippers @ ankles

still in information gathering stage. must be open minded. don't know what direction to go in. :/

So sad. What a nightmare for the family. Every day they hear "no new leads, still gathering information". I feel so bad for them.

I realize that the question of a possible drug OD was raised on a previous thread about Lauren, and hasn't appeared on this one yet. However, I would like to make you aware that the context in which drug taking occurs can be critical. In the previous thread, we mentioned that there are some important variables, such as LS's heart condition, other substances she had taken around the same time as the (rumored) cocaine, etc., that could have affected her body's response to the drug...all of which are very important to consider.

But so is the context. There is an anecdote (citation?) that I have heard in every pharmacology lecture I've ever attended that illustrates the importance of context:

A man has a heroin habit. He always self-administers at home, and he's built up some considerable tolerance. One day, however, he's visiting a friend across town, and the friend offers him some heroin (no more than his usual dose). The guy takes it, and dies of an overdose. (Not sure of the citation for this piece of lore, but I'm sure I can find it.) This likely happened to an animal in one of our studies recently, as well.

Just something to think about.

Nothing new.

You'd think if any of the POI's were involved we'd have something by now...

Unfortunetly, this can just fall in the stranger abduction scenario - they are not common, but surely happen.

Morgan Harrington, Chelsea King, Amber Dubois, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500