IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be any trucks carrying a few day laborers who look for work at 5am on the construction jobs?

in reply to Fifthessence's last post on thread 4
Reported missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO reported Lauren missing?

Does anyone know what TIME she was reported missing?

"We both said we didn't," she said, "and I was in class so he asked me if he could come get my key from me just to check if she was still sleeping in the apartment because it was around 2 p.m. then, and we all sleep late."

After fetching the key, Wolff went to Smallwood and "got into my apartment," Tamir said.

Spierer wasn't there, "and that's when we all realized she was missing and it became a whole lot more serious," she said.

Police today said Wolff went to the police station to report Spierer missing. However, Tamir said two friends — Sara and Amanda Roude, a student from Chappaqua — went there to fill out a missing person's report.

link: http://www.democratandchronicle.com...e-her-disappearance?odyssey=mod|lateststories

Re:tonygattoswordpress article about the truck and the guys in the biz for 27 yrs giving their personal opinions on the differences, variations, and things that stood out to them about the truck.. I found that to be extremely helpful..

Some of these differences should be what simplifies in narrowing down this vehicle.. Tho the rims can be altered back to all the same size from their at that time two different size rims(17-22).. Then again they may not.. So that's a distinguishing characteristic there. Then the dark colored handles are different.. Where as most are seen with same color as truck color.. The bedliner is absent IMO with the top rail tho looking as if it is is covered. And the tonneau cover is missing as well..

Somebody knows this truck you guys!!! Somebody that I'd bet does not live to far from Bloomington.. This is someone's neighbors truck amd all it's gotta take is for a neighbor to have that light bulb go off in their head when they look and see these pics.. Hopefully someone too will point out those all important differing details such as different sized rims.. And then bingo they recall their neighbor 2 doors down has a vehicle with those exact same characteristics..

My husband notices things like this all day every day.. If our neighbor has a mismatched tire or rim.. Hubcap that's different or was not previously there.. Something altered or changed from the norm.. It's those type things that register in his mind all throughout his day.. And if he were to see a description such as what we've got here for Laurens case.. That lightbulb would immediately turn on and he'd have LE on the truck before the poor neighbor woukd even know what hit him..

Now I am just waiting and preying that we have got some men up around Bloomington that are this way that pay a special attention to this type of detail and will be able to locate This truck very soon!! As in right now..

5fdadd0e.jpg

I really can't read what it says on the truck at all... But yes I can kind of make out at least the "y" or "g" at the end.

Since that thing in the truck bed looks to me like a lawn mower handle or hose, puting those things together what comes to mind for me is Nursery and Landscaping. What looks like an "R" could be a logo or 2 letters stacked. Apparently there are quite a few Landscaping and Nurserys in the area.
From what I know of such companies it's not unusual for them to be out before dawn. The creepy thing about that is that they would have shovels and such too...

Hubby is in construction and granted this is a different (and heavy Union) state so I don't know if it is the same in IN, but many jobs cannot start before 630am or 7am because of noise ordinances. They sometimes try but there are always complaints.

ETA point being that I find it very highly unlikely that a construction job would start at 430am. HOWEVER sometimes highway work is done overnight so as not to affect traffic as much.

“It could either be significant to us in that that person may have some direct responsibility for the event or that individual has information that could lead us in a direction,” Qualters said.

Have they put up flyers regarding the truck description?

I think someone should recognize this vehicle within the next 24 hours...would be surprised if not, as long as it is being shown statewide, which I would think it would have to be...hope locals are seeing it on the news often.

If you are innocent, please come forward so LE can move on...

Hubby is in construction and granted this is a different (and heavy Union) state so I don't know if it is the same in IN, but many jobs cannot start before 630am or 7am because of noise ordinances. They sometimes try but there are always complaints.

ETA point being that I find it very highly unlikely that a construction job would start at 430am. HOWEVER sometimes highway work is done overnight so as not to affect traffic as much.
I know from experience that workers might meet early to head to a jobsite that's requires a long drive. You might meet your co-workers at the company office or normal meeting site at 5:00AM or before, then everybody would carpool an hour or so to the jobsite to start work after 6:00.

The truck could also be driven by a supervisor who wanted to get to work early to get things in order.

I really can't read what it says on the truck at all... But yes I can kind of make out at least the "y" or "g" at the end.

Since that thing in the truck bed looks to me like a lawn mower handle or hose, puting those things together what comes to mind for me is Nursery and Landscaping. What looks like an "R" could be a logo or 2 letters stacked. Apparently there are quite a few Landscaping and Nurserys in the area.
From what I know of such companies it's not unusual for them to be out before dawn. The creepy thing about that is that they would have shovels and such too...

I could see this. I leave for work at 630am, at the same time the landscapers in the area start heading out into the infinite suburbs of our fair city. They probably get up way before dawn to drive into work and prepare for the day. I don't find it impossible for a landscaper to be up at that time though I do still think it is really early. Also, many owners of restaurants are up at this time preparing for the day ahead.

Hello, this is my first post on Websleuths. I've been lurking for a while on the Lauren threads and had to jump in.

In the first picture of the truck (from the side), does anyone else notice that the windows seem to be blacked out? By that I mean photoshop blacked out. If you look at the windows on the building behind the truck, they have more reflection. It seems the truck windows should be similar, but they're not. Might the police not want to reveal who might be inside?
I know they don't want to give out more information than necessary, which could give POIs and defense attorneys more ammo. Thoughts?

I still don't think a company wanting business would just have one word on the side of the truck, which is what it looks like in the enhancement Smooth Operator did. How would anyone know what they do, and where is the phone number?

I see trucks with words or names in decals on the sides all the time, in shiny kind of letters...that is what it looks like to me.

There is a truck that says "Big Fella" on my block, in a kind of script...

I know from experience that workers might meet early to head to a jobsite that's requires a long drive. You might meet your co-workers at the company office or normal meeting site at 5:00AM or before, then everybody would carpool an hour or so to the jobsite to start work after 6:00.

The truck could also be driven by a supervisor who wanted to get to work early to get things in order.

Good point, and the don't always get there right at starting time either, sometimes 30 minutes or more early.

These guys could've been out partying, right? Maybe they had the day off, maybe they were just driving through town? Maybe the truck was stolen? Maybe they weren't construction workers? Wouldn't get stuck on construction workers getting up for work today. Maybe they worked an hour or two away.

Take a look at this view I just blew up. Looks as tho there is a person in both passenger And backseat window seats..
2236cba2.jpg

From looking at the street grids, there's no reason for someone to circle around the block and go off in a different direction 10 minutes later.

If you had some place to go at 4:30 a.m. you would know how to get there and not get lost.

The vehicle is majorly suspicious, that said small chance it is unrelated.
Also a chance that it comes back to one of the POIs one way or another, or of course it could be a stranger abduction.

I still don't think a company wanting business would just have one word on the side of the truck, which is what it looks like in the enhancement Smooth Operator did. How would anyone know what they do, and where is the phone number?

I see trucks with words or names in decals on the sides all the time, in shiny kind of letters...that is what it looks like to me.

It looks to me like there could be up to 3 words in this pattern:

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

XXXXX

Just to see what an outsider thinks, I showed the pic of the truck with the "person" in the back to my husband.

I said nothing to him about what I think, and he knows nothing about this case at all. (I had to explain to him everything about it afterwards)

Anyway, I handed him my laptop with a pic of the truck. I said, "If you had to guess what is in the back of that truck, what would you say it is?"

His first reaction was, "A person, probably a girl with blonde hair"

I know we all see what our eyes "want" us to see. But my husband didn't "want" to see anything....he just saw what he saw.

I'm not convinced it's a construction worker's truck. Most construction workers don't have rims on their work truck. They have full size beds with a bed liner so their toolboxes don't ruin the bed. You can't haul two by fours or piping in those short beds.

I think it was a person/people who happen to drive a truck.

According to the attached Examiner article, her parents didn't find out until 'later' that day (Fri) Lauren was missing.
http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...riend-statement-the-drug-rumor-and-the-police

I'm guessing it is the parents that made the call to LE. yes?

Does anyone know WHAT TIME police were notified?

appears to be sometime after 2pm, but conflicting report of who actually notified LE (hope this helps)

"Jesse was texting Lauren the next day to see where she was, but he got no answer because the bar had her phone," Tamir said. "After a few texts, the bar texted Jesse back saying your friend left her phone here, tell her to come get it."

Tamir said that's when Wolff contacted her and one of her girlfriends, "asking us if we heard from her."

"We both said we didn't," she said, "and I was in class so he asked me if he could come get my key from me just to check if she was still sleeping in the apartment because it was around 2 p.m. then, and we all sleep late."

After fetching the key, Wolff went to Smallwood and "got into my apartment," Tamir said.

Spierer wasn't there, "and that's when we all realized she was missing and it became a whole lot more serious," she said.

Police today said Wolff went to the police station to report Spierer missing. However, Tamir said two friends — Sara and Amanda Roude, a student from Chappaqua — went there to fill out a missing person's report.

appears to be sometime after 2pm, but conflicting report of who actually notified LE (hope this helps)

"Jesse was texting Lauren the next day to see where she was, but he got no answer because the bar had her phone," Tamir said. "After a few texts, the bar texted Jesse back saying your friend left her phone here, tell her to come get it."

Tamir said that's when Wolff contacted her and one of her girlfriends, "asking us if we heard from her."

so sorry FifthEssence-forgot to post link

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...e-her-disappearance?odyssey=mod|lateststories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge