IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read all of the new pages here in this thread so this might have already been said....

My husband has a 2005 Chev 4 door 4x4 Z71 1500 pick-up. When comparing it with this truck... it is dead on. Door handles line up perfectly with windows. Window shapes are the same. Same curvature (molding) on the side. His truck says Z71 on the side rear which looks like this truck may have the same.

Sorry if this has already been said.

It looks to me like there could be up to 3 words in this pattern:

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

XXXXX

Really? To me it all looked connected and written in script.
Boy, no wonder police have so much trouble with eyewitnesses :)

Does anyone else see something inside the back passenger window?
A figure? A hand against the glass? Possible reflection from the street buildings?

I see something on the front passenger seat and the back one. Maybe there were 2, 3 or 4 people inside.

Hello, not sure if this was mentioned or if it is of any significance but if there was tools in the back of the truck surely the tarp would be just opened completely. It looks strange to me that its only half opened.

Also at first glance it does look like a couple of people in the back. Maybe closing it as they were driving?

I really can't read what it says on the truck at all... But yes I can kind of make out at least the "y" or "g" at the end.

Since that thing in the truck bed looks to me like a lawn mower handle or hose, puting those things together what comes to mind for me is Nursery and Landscaping. What looks like an "R" could be a logo or 2 letters stacked. Apparently there are quite a few Landscaping and Nurserys in the area.
From what I know of such companies it's not unusual for them to be out before dawn. The creepy thing about that is that they would have shovels and such too...

I was thinking maybe a painter? They also use hoses when they power spray paint.

Hello, not sure if this was mentioned or if it is of any significance but if there was tools in the back of the truck surely the tarp would be just opened completely. It looks strange to me that its only half opened.

Also at first glance it does look like a couple of people in the back. Maybe closing it as they were driving?

In this hi-res photo (http://www.filesonic.com/sonic-preview/2015881) it appears to me that the back of the trunk is uncovered.

Hello, this is my first post on Websleuths. I've been lurking for a while on the Lauren threads and had to jump in.

In the first picture of the truck (from the side), does anyone else notice that the windows seem to be blacked out? By that I mean photoshop blacked out. If you look at the windows on the building behind the truck, they have more reflection. It seems the truck windows should be similar, but they're not. Might the police not want to reveal who might be inside?
I know they don't want to give out more information than necessary, which could give POIs and defense attorneys more ammo. Thoughts?

My opinion is that the writing on both sides of the truck and whatever is on the bed are blurred on purpose. The pixels on those areas cant be seen. They are smudged over.

Maybe LE is trying to buy time in order to catch the owner? IDK, just hoping for a resolution and finding Lauren.

The bed of the truck is clearly uncovered in the picture from the passenger's side, too.

My opinion is that the writing on both sides of the truck and whatever is on the bed are blurred on purpose. The pixels on those areas cant be seen. They are smudged over.

Maybe LE is trying to buy time in order to catch the owner? IDK, just hoping for a resolution and finding Lauren.

Yes, I agree completely. Also, LE may not have wanted to make obvious something so disturbing.

I think the writing looks smudged too. The thing in the back of the truck as well.

Hello, this is my first post on Websleuths. I've been lurking for a while on the Lauren threads and had to jump in.

In the first picture of the truck (from the side), does anyone else notice that the windows seem to be blacked out? By that I mean photoshop blacked out. If you look at the windows on the building behind the truck, they have more reflection. It seems the truck windows should be similar, but they're not. Might the police not want to reveal who might be inside?
I know they don't want to give out more information than necessary, which could give POIs and defense attorneys more ammo. Thoughts?

I think the cops are limiting what we can see in that photo. Perhaps that's what the FBI helped with.

Just thought of something, wondering if the owner of the truck was at Kilroy's working? Like a DJ or musician? It could explain why he/they are out so late: cause they needed to take down their equipment. Also, if this is the case maybe Lauren knew him and went partying with him/them?

It's probably just a mix of a small font, movement and crappy cameras

I've started to see something different in the bed of the truck. Looks like a guy and a girl?? :-\ I'll outline the "male figure" I see and post in a minute.

We've been over it, and on page 10 or 11 there's an enlarged photo of it.

:seeya: Hi, Glaucon! We're glad you came out of lurking and decided to post.

:welcome4:

Yes, I agree completely. Also, LE may not have wanted to make obvious something so disturbing.

If LE is hoping that releasing the photos of the truck would lead to the actual truck because people will recognize it, smudging any writing defeats that purpose.

LE doesn't have to release the photos. The photos are released so people who recognize the truck contact LE and tell LE whose truck it is. Any writing on the side of the truck would be the best clue. So blurring it on purpose makes no sense at all. LE is going to get tons of false leads because there are many of similar trucks around. If there is specific writing on it, I don't see any why LE would smudge it.

:bedtime: See you guys tomorrow. Keep those noggins working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500