IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I guess you can apparently see more detail if you download it to a cell phone? I'm not so sure the police would release a pic that had a girl being help captive in the back, screaming. I would think they would blur it or block it out.

It does look like somebody is sitting in the bed of the truck.
But I suppose it could be just the trick of light.
Obviously if she was walking to her apartment barefooted, and somebody offered her a ride, then I presume she could have voluntarily gotten into a car or a truck. But why would anyone put her into the bed of the truck as opposed to the cabin?

Someone put her pic in the back of the truck! read up! He explained what he did!
He photo shopped it!

I downloaded the truck photo to my iphone4 and played around, there is no more detail on the iphone screen than there is on the PC.

The guy who saw all that stuff on the Facebook post - teeth and whatnot ... pulling that kind of detail out of these images is simply like turning lead to gold. Enticing, and we want it to be so, but it's not going to happen. This reads to me like an inkblot, we see what we want to.

I really really really wish we could get the video - that would be worth so much more.

Thank you, Sasha. I started to make the same mistake twice yesterday and caught it each time. Monroe is stuck in my head for some reason. I've corrected it now.

It makes sense. :) Bloomington is in Monroe County so there's a reason why it would be stuck in ones head.

Hmmm I guess you can apparently see more detail if you download it to a cell phone? I'm not so sure the police would release a pic that had a girl being help captive in the back, screaming. I would think they would blur it or block it out.

I looked at it on my iphone and my ipad and it *was* more clear than my desktop but that's not saying much.

Manip of photo, contrasts done using GIMP, and paint to show colored outlines of what appears to be two people.
vehicle-editwcontrast.jpg

If you take that FB photo that is already blown up by a cell phone and enlarge it to 400% on your computer, then use your snipping tool to cut out just the upper left of the cab, it would be a head tilted and laying on its right side. Then imagine a clock - look at 12:00 - ear and round pearl like earring? 3:00 - mouth? center - nose, nostrils? 8:00 - eye open?

I did it and there are too many resemblances to a human face. Can anyone verify what kind of earrings she was wearing that night?

I suppose anyone could look at clouds and find the same thing but this is freaky. If it weren't for an earring I'd say it was a red herring.

Well if somebody thinks two people are sitting in that truck bed, neither one of these two people appears to have heads.

Hi - I'm sort of new here... but I've been reading a long time. If indeed it is Lauren in the bed of the truck - which I do not believe - it looks as if she is leaning forward, possibly as if she were vomiting. At some point given her inebriation that night, vomiting is certainly a possibility, and would explain why someone would rather have her in the bed of the truck rather than the cabin.

I "see" one person at best, looking toward the camera. Assuming, of course, it's not a lawnmower.

Well if somebody thinks two people are sitting in that truck bed, neither one of these two people appears to have heads.

lol, in my manip I accidentally saved so I couldn't retype what I already had in the text boxes. But to me, the upper area of the blue arm outline I added actually is the arm and torso+head of the second person. The red outline looks like the head's slumped over, out of our field of view. It looks better if you zoom, in gimp, I guess.

ETA: Okay, so people on the help find ls and fox 59 pages say that R-----y that you sleuths noticed on thread 5 could be either Rainey's Painting OR Riverway Plumbing. Judging from the websites (http://www.riverwayplumbing.com/about.html) and (http://www.raineyspainting.com/), both are local businesses with wavey logos that could correspond to the "dent" on the sidedoors of the truck.

I saw a billboard on the way to work this morning. I live up in northwest indiana, about 4 hours away. Glad to know that they are expanding the info to all parts of the state, not just through the news.

I have been lurking here, but I wanted to quickly post something based on my "expertise" *ahem* a-la "My cousin Vinny" ;)

I believe the truck is a 2006 Chevy Silverado based on the following characteristics:
* wheels
*grille
* wheel well trim

I know it's not before 2005 because of the grille shape
I know it's not a Ford because of the wheel well shape

I don't think it's a Dodge because of the wheels.

I also have no idea what color this is- white or silver. I am guessing white.

I had those wheels on my '06 Trailblazer.

do you think it could be silver? I ask b/c I saw a silver truck with the black rim around the bed. There is only a picture of the bed though so I couldn't see what type of truck it is. I was going to contract the company but decided the LE said white so it was white.

But it looked to me like it could be silver as well.

lol, in my manip I accidentally saved so I couldn't retype what I already had in the text boxes. But to me, the upper area of the blue arm outline I added actually is the arm and torso+head of the second person. The red outline looks like the head's slumped over, out of our field of view. It looks better if you zoom, in gimp, I guess.

ETA: Okay, so people on the help find ls and fox 59 pages say that R-----y that you sleuths noticed on thread 5 could be either Rainey's Painting OR Riverway Plumbing. Judging from the websites (http://www.riverwayplumbing.com/about.html) and (http://www.raineyspainting.com/), both are local businesses with wavey logos that could correspond to the "dent" on the sidedoors of the truck.

I'm all for posting almost anything that is allowed, but I hate it when they start calling out businesses and bringing them unwanted publicity that could harm their business. From Rainy's Painting website, it looks like they run a very nice business and I hate it that people start trying to assume things, it really can start to make a business look bad.

I was also wondering, if this is not a person in the bed of the truck, could this be a truck used to haul things? I've seen a few pickups that haul racecars with a hitch right behind the window. Usually, its sort of a larger type hitch. I don't usually see them without the trailer though...

Also, if this is presumably a worker, wouldn't there be video of them arriving at the same locations at the same time, but different days? Even if this was someone going in for a morning shift at Burger King, there would probably be some sort of pattern of their daily commute.

“It could either be significant to us in that that person may have some direct responsibility for the event or that individual has information that could lead us in a direction,” Qualters said.

I dont have the link at the moment but this quote was everywhere in msm yesterday.

LE is interested in this particular truck for reasons known to them. They wouldnt put this out there "guessing" it or the driver is connected. They must have legitimate accurate info to want to find this truck.
Many cases I have sadly followed recently have little or no news released from LE. I have faith here that LE knows what they are doing in this investigation.
JMO

“It could either be significant to us in that that person may have some direct responsibility for the event or that individual has information that could lead us in a direction,” Qualters said.

I dont have the link at the moment but this quote was everywhere in msm yesterday.

LE is interested in this particular truck for reasons known to them. They wouldnt put this out there "guessing" it or the driver is connected. They must have legitimate accurate info to want to find this truck.
Many cases I have sadly followed recently have little or no news released from LE. I have faith here that LE knows what they are doing in this investigation.
JMO

To me, the fact that the truck was there at virtually the exact same time she went missing, and circled the block, and then had something in the bed that wasn't there initially, is more than enough legitimate information to need to interview the driver. That information alone, with no other information backing it, is so much.

In the hopes that someone who knows the answer to the below question, I am going to post this.

I am not going to get into a long drawn out explanation of what I THINK did or did not happen but I am only going to ask for a plea.

If there were drugs involved and if there is someone who supplies drugs who drives a truck like that and someone knows please contact the Bloomington Police or go to a local law firm and have them do it if you are afraid of being found out. Tell the lawyer you want a confidentiality agreement and then give the lawyer the information to turn over. Your identity will be double protected since the Bloomington Police have already stated that it will be protected.

There is a possibility that Lauren is alive and was taken somewhere.

I also do not approve of posting people's business information when you do not even know if they own a white truck let alone it was in the area. This is the age of google and no-one needs anyone to google their business and find a link to this website suggesting that the white truck may belong to their company. This is also exactly why people do not like to come forward with information and want to stay off the radar.

This is my opinion and please do not attack me for it. I am not telling anyone what to post or not to post. I am not threatening to sue anyone. All I am pointing out is that this is not a nice thing to do to another person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500