IN IN - Shannon Sherrill, 6, Thorntown, 5 Oct 1986

I guess I am a bit chicken to call, but I did write everything I remembered and i faxed a copy to The ISP and the Thorntown pd.

Bumping for Shannon - Wednesday marks twenty-five years since she disappeared.

I think I speak for all of Boone County In when I say "We want justice for Shannon Sherrill!"

Bumping for Shannon - I emailed the local CBS affiliate late last night, and he offered to interview me for a story - but I was asleep when his email came through. Returned his email this morning - we'll see where it goes.

My youngest daughter (whose best friend lives in Thorntown) tells me this morning that her friend's aunt was actually one of the kids playing with Shannon that day. She mentioned that several young girls in the neighborhood were supposedly molested by a couple of teenaged boys in the summer leading up to Shannon's disappearance, and the rumor mill felt that they were never investigated fully.

I just want so badly - for this family and for our community - to know what happened to Shannon Sherrill?

My youngest daughter (whose best friend lives in Thorntown) tells me this morning that her friend's aunt was actually one of the kids playing with Shannon that day. She mentioned that several young girls in the neighborhood were supposedly molested by a couple of teenaged boys in the summer leading up to Shannon's disappearance, and the rumor mill felt that they were never investigated fully.[/B]

Oh wow- that seems to go along the same lines with what the poster janestnycrk was saying earlier...
:(
I think the police should re-investigate these teenagers as well as the individual janestnycrk was referring to above.

Bumping one last time today. Shannon's parents have gone to bed every night for the past twenty-five years wondering where their daughter is. I pray that tonight is the last night if not knowing.

Justice for Shannon Sherrill

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/29394726/detail.html

Family Marks 25 Years Since Girl's Disappearance
Sherrill Case Haunts Family, Investigators

POSTED: 11:04 am EDT October 5, 2011

Ind. -- Though the case of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer has dominated the headlines for four months, an Indiana cold case marked its 25th anniversary Wednesday, a sad milestone for the family of Shannon Sherrill.

Sherrill was 6 when she was last seen outside her mother's mobile home in Thorntown on Oct. 5, 1986, 25 years ago.

Investigators have tried for decades to crack the case, but they appear no closer now than they were many years ago.

Sherrill's family has never given up hope, but as the years go by, chances of a break in the case seem fleeting, at best.

Bumping tonight for a local case that is still unsolved. Justice for Shannon Sherrill. Let tonight be the last night her parents go to bed not knowing where their daughter is. Please.

The date on this thread is incorrect- it is actually twenty-seven years ago TODAY that Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her yard.

SOMEONE out there KNOWS what happened to her.

Someone needs to grow a pair and be part of finding Justice for Shannon.

Shannon, no one here in Boone County has forgotten you.

One more time, before my head rests on my pillow tonight.

Justice for Shannon Sherrill

Serial killer Daniel Penton is being charged in Shannon's murder..

Penton is also a suspect in the abduction of
6-year-old Shannon Marie Sherrill, who was last seen
in Thorntown, Ind., playing hide and seek with friends
on Oct. 5, 1986.

Harper was hired by the Sherrill family to investigate
the abduction of their child after the case by law
enforcement stalled.

Penton is scheduled to be extradited to Indiana later
this month to face charges in the case.

What happened after that?

I can't find where he was ever charged or investigated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back