IN IN - Shannon Sherrill, 6, Thorntown, 5 Oct 1986

I’ve always had an interest in this case. I grew up near where she went missing and knew her family. Her father purchased my family’s trailer in a mobile home park in Tipton Indiana around the exact time she went missing...

• NCMEC: 601901
posterTitleMissing.png

Shannon Sherrill
NCMC601901c1.jpg

• Missing Since
    • Oct 5, 1986
    • Missing From
    • Thorntown, IN
    • DOB
    • Aug 12, 1980
    • Age Now
    • Sex
    • Female
    • Race
    • White
    • Hair Color
    • Brown
    • Eye Color
    • Blue
    • Height
    • 3'0"
    • Weight
    • 30 lbs
Age Progressed
NCMC601901e1.jpg

Shannon's photo is shown age-progressed to 38 years. She was last seen at 1:30 p.m. playing in her yard with several other children. She was wearing a white dress with blue trim. She has a 4 inch scar on her abdomen, pierced ears, and is extremely shy.

Have you seen this child? SHANNON SHERRILL

She and my oldest daughter were the same age. I know a couple of Shannon's family members.
First you said your youngest daughters mom was there playing with Shannon the day she disappeared but now you’re saying shannon was the same age as your oldest daughter... that doesn’t seem very plausible unless ... your oldest daughter would be around the same day as your youngest daughters best friends mom. I’m not judging if you’re daughters are 20-30 years apart I’m just not understanding how both versions you have make any sense or add up.

First you said your youngest daughters mom was there playing with Shannon the day she disappeared but now you’re saying shannon was the same age as your oldest daughter... that doesn’t seem very plausible unless ... your oldest daughter would be around the same day as your youngest daughters best friends mom. I’m not judging if you’re daughters are 20-30 years apart I’m just not understanding how both versions you have make any sense or add up.
My oldest is 39 and my youngest 22. (I did not indicate that my youngest's mom was playing w/ Shannon - that is me) A friend of mine / mother of my daughter's friend was a playmate. I am 64 and have friends of all ages.
And Shannon's disappearance remains unsolved without even a mention in the local paper this year.

Last edited:
Any way I can help? I am local and actually am acquainted with a couple of family members.
Thank you,
I have met with some of her family and spoken with the Town Marshal. At this point... we just need someone to come forward with information. It can’t be said enough that someone knows something.
I will definitely let you know if I need something, Thank you!

Thank you,
I have met with some of her family and spoken with the Town Marshal. At this point... we just need someone to come forward with information. It can’t be said enough that someone knows something.
I will definitely let you know if I need something, Thank you!
Listening to your Podcast now on Shannon. Thank you for keeping these missing kids in the spotlight!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back