In Touch article

If it is not by your choice or agreement...

Cold water only (and always), in an outdoor shower, in the winter, as your only means of cleaning yourself, is just another form of torture and deprivation.

Just think about having to have sexual relations (in this case RAPE by Garrido), and this being the only means available to clean up afterwards.

While I understand the original point Natal was making, I second this. Jaycee was a young girl in shock (emotional and physical) and this is the only way to clean herself that she had? Sick. And cold water showers every day while being pregnant, possibly in the winter? Did she have to wash the babies out there, too, when they were small? Babies can't regulate their body temperatures like adults do. This could have killed them.

I would guess that the shed with the chain and mattress was the "time out" area for maintaining discipline. It doesn't look like someone actually lived there, otherwise there would have been decoration.

As far as Carl is concerned, that comment could have been sourced any time in the last 6 weeks, it doesn't mean he is being included again. He is not the family spokesperson, there is some friend of the family who is doing their PR. The comment attributed to Carl sounds like the sort of thing he was saying in the first week, so I don't think it is new.

poor jaycee. seriously how could she survive all that time. that took a lot of courage and strength that we will most likely never know.

I can't even imagine the horror of having to eat only TV dinners for 18 years much less being raped by that ugly man and shackled. Nancy and PG are both skinny, so maybe they didn't eat that much either. Hopefully they both will suffer something awful from their diet, but if Jaycee and the girls literally ate only TV dinners and water then they had years of no fruits, grains, milk, real meats, and hardly any vegetables. No wonder the little girl knew that nasturtiums could be eaten. I hope a nutritionist or some sort of health food store will donate or offer their services and supplies if the family is not getting this sort of expert help yet.

I can't even imagine the horror of having to eat only TV dinners for 18 years much less being raped by that ugly man and shackled. Nancy and PG are both skinny, so maybe they didn't eat that much either. Hopefully they both will suffer something awful from their diet, but if Jaycee and the girls literally ate only TV dinners and water then they had years of no fruits, grains, milk, real meats, and hardly any vegetables. No wonder the little girl knew that nasturtiums could be eaten. I hope a nutritionist or some sort of health food store will donate or offer their services and supplies if the family is not getting this sort of expert help yet.

i think the doctors taking physical care of them are probably helping out on there diets.
at least i hope so.

As far as Carl is concerned, that comment could have been sourced any time in the last 6 weeks, it doesn't mean he is being included again. He is not the family spokesperson, there is some friend of the family who is doing their PR. The comment attributed to Carl sounds like the sort of thing he was saying in the first week, so I don't think it is new.

I think the quote from Carl is recent. The In Touch article says Carl and Terry are still very close and that together they are doing all they can to help Jaycee rebuild her life. But I still don't know if he's actually seen Jaycee.

About their diet, I don't know if the girls ate only TV dinners too or not. The article only says that that's what Jaycee had. From the pictures of the Garrido house that have been published it looks like they probably just weren't healthy eaters. Lots of processed canned foods and stuff like that, peanut butter and jelly. And their kitchen wasn't exactly well taken care of. It doesn't sound like they cared what Jaycee had. But why only TV dinners? I guess cheap and easy to make. Wasn't there a microwave and the tents?

I can only imagine what 18 years of tv dinners and no medical help can do to you. Not to mention all the other stuff. Thank goodness they're all getting medical attention now.

In the early reports she was described as looking allmost the same as when she was kidnapped, and looking very young. The clients of the printing business who saw her described her as pretty. The age progressed picture was an estimated of age 25, while she is 29 now. So you would think that she would be showing at least some signs of age. Woman usually start to lose "youthful" appearance sometime in the twenties. Now this report seems to be suggesting that she looks plainer. Personally I didn't think that the age progressed picture would look much like her, her appearance varied quite widely in the pre-kidnapping photos. I thought she would probably look more like that video of her they released, except with somewhat heavier features (as you would expect comparing a juvenile face to an adult version). IMO video gives you a better feel for someone's appearance than still pictures, because you get to see a range of angles/expressions.

With all these different descriptions of her we probably won't really know until someone releases a current picture. A lot of it is probably in the eye of the beholder and the events/conditions unfolding at the time these various people actually saw her.

HER PRIVACY IS FIRST AND FORMOST. THANK GOD MOST INFO. IS JUST A DRIBBLE AT BEST.
They will not be giving us much of anything. What we all know is just a drop in the bucket.
that includes, how she looks now, what is going on with their therapy, etc.....
while we do care, it really is more important to keep her life safe. The less we know the better.
so what they said about she looks almost the same means nothing at all.

I met someone I knew when I was 15 and I am 63 they said "Oh gosh you look the same".
Well can I possibly look the same? I do look recognizable.

LIKE I SAID long ago....We will get little, it is her privacy and healing that matters. We can compare whatever people chose to write, all day long.

It is only news about PG that we may get as new discoveries come.
As for JC and the girls we will only get enough to keep tabloids making money. We do not know anything and will not know till she decides to tell. and she may not do anything till after a trial. That is far away.
Thank God all info about her & the girls is kept away from us all.

She knew that because they had a ton of gardening books, not because she was starving.

I would call eating only TV dinners pretty much malnutrition even though not actually starving like some African or Ethiopian child. However, most children do not normally go around offering flowers to others to eat no matter how many gardening books are around. Also, I've never even heard any mention of flowers, plants, or a garden around the home and there were no fresh flowers in the tents. Sounds like the books weren't even allowed to be put to good use.

I would call eating only TV dinners pretty much malnutrition even though not actually starving like some African or Ethiopian child. However, most children do not normally go around offering flowers to others to eat no matter how many gardening books are around. Also, I've never even heard any mention of flowers, plants, or a garden around the home and there were no fresh flowers in the tents. Sounds like the books weren't even allowed to be put to good use.

I wouldnt read too much into the flower thing. Like you said, it didnt look like they were growing much there, the books were probably simply "educational" material for them to read. She most likely just recognized the plant from pictures and remembered that she had read that it was edible.

She knew that because they had a ton of gardening books, not because she was starving.
How would you know that?
How would you know that the place with the mattress was only for time out.

How is it that your posts seem to deflect everything ?
this is a HORIBAL 18 YEARS - HORIBAL. :banghead:

I wouldnt read too much into the flower thing. Like you said, it didnt look like they were growing much there, the books were probably simply "educational" material for them to read. She most likely just recognized the plant from pictures and remembered that she had read that it was edible.

:banghead:

Nope, it toughens you up ;) When I was in the army in basic training there was no such thing as hot water. It just gives you an incentive to make it snappy :)

They may not have showered all that frequently anyway given the rustic nature of their housing.

In the early reports she was described as looking allmost the same as when she was kidnapped, and looking very young. The clients of the printing business who saw her described her as pretty. The age progressed picture was an estimated of age 25, while she is 29 now. So you would think that she would be showing at least some signs of age. Woman usually start to lose "youthful" appearance sometime in the twenties. Now this report seems to be suggesting that she looks plainer. Personally I didn't think that the age progressed picture would look much like her, her appearance varied quite widely in the pre-kidnapping photos. I thought she would probably look more like that video of her they released, except with somewhat heavier features (as you would expect comparing a juvenile face to an adult version). IMO video gives you a better feel for someone's appearance than still pictures, because you get to see a range of angles/expressions.

With all these different descriptions of her we probably won't really know until someone releases a current picture. A lot of it is probably in the eye of the beholder and the events/conditions unfolding at the time these various people actually saw her.

EVERY post with a :banghead:
is mostly about deflecting.

and yes it hurt my heart.

How would you know that?
How would you know that the place with the mattress was only for time out.

How is it that your posts seem to deflect everything ?
this is a HORIBAL 18 YEARS - HORIBAL. :banghead:

Well, confronted with a scene, the simplest most rational explanation is usually the correct one, not the most bizarre, worst case scenario. There may be some exceptions but in general that is how it works in real life.

In your imaginary world the good guys wear white hats and the bad guys black hats, with nothing inbetween, but in the real world everyone wears grey. Good guys can do bad things and bad guys can do good things, and they do all that and everything inbetween. Call me a cynic if you want, but I (and probably you too, if you are honest with yourself) see it all the time. In the backyard you would have seen all those things at times from all the parties involved because they were all human.

When you try to do analysis of the scenes in these photographs try to picture what a real person would have been doing under those circumstances. Trying to picture it as a cartoon world filled with demons with horns and angels with halos is not constructive because that simply does not happen in reality.

When we look at these pictures and the artifacts shown in them, what we want to do is try to understand what they tell us about the human dynamics at play in this case. And what can that tell us about the truth? Just as we could look at those photograps of the family and deduce the pecking order within it.

In the real world there is not only black white and gray, there is also rainbow of colors.
but we don't have to deal with real Vs fantasy. One sentence is enough to see what is real.
You do not need pictures of a back yard, cars, etc.....

An 11 year old girl is abducted lives in the back yard for 18 years and comes home with 2 babies.

that is all you need to know, and it is more then enough to hurt a heart that has not been frozen/numbed.
Sure I know that life's hardships can make us tougher. Sure If I told you my story I should be calloused by now.
I chose not to be, and neither gray, black or white can hide the rainbow.
No the world is not gray I have chosen the rainbow even on gray days.

As for JC - Whatever it takes to support her is what it takes.
Deflecting what happened or what may have happened is insensitive. Cold water showers and living in a tent in the winter? the reactions to that from some did hurt my heart.

Given this little girl had so much courage and strength to teach 2 girls to read and write, and she worked.
God bless the Child. :) :) And all I Have to say is:
THANK GOD WE DO NOT HAVE REAL DETAILS...THANK GOD :angel:

But there are many great loving people here too and to them I say Bless your heart. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I remember that in some of the earliest reports, Carl Probyn said that Terry reported that Jaycee looked the same. At the time I thought perhaps her mom was only seeing her as the child she remembered.

In the real world there is not only black white and gray, there is also rainbow of colors.
but we don't have to deal with real Vs fantasy. One sentence is enough to see what is real.
You do not need pictures of a back yard, cars, etc.....

An 11 year old girl is abducted lives in the back yard for 18 years and comes home with 2 babies.

that is all you need to know, and it is more then enough to hurt a heart that has not been frozen/numbed.
Sure I know that life's hardships can make us tougher. Sure If I told you my story I should be calloused by now.
I chose not to be, and neither gray, black or white can hide the rainbow.
No the world is not gray I have chosen the rainbow even on gray days.

As for JC - Whatever it takes to support her is what it takes.
Deflecting what happened or what may have happened is insensitive. Cold water showers and living in a tent in the winter? the reactions to that from some did hurt my heart.

Given this little girl had so much courage and strength to teach 2 girls to read and write, and she worked.
God bless the Child. :) :) And all I Have to say is:
THANK GOD WE DO NOT HAVE REAL DETAILS...THANK GOD :angel:

But there are many great loving people here too and to them I say Bless your heart. :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

what she went thru is to horrible for most people to even survive. let alone for 18 years. let alone fathering this monsters kids. buy jaycee did survive and she helped her girls as much as she could at the same time. she's an incredible hero and there's no getting around that, no matter how much 'deflection' or possiblities for the defense to claim arise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back