In your opinion, is there a facial similarty between the GB4 victims and the AC4 vict

In your opinion, is there a facial similarty between the GB4 victims and the AC4 vict

• Yes, no doubt, they are strikingly similar

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • Yes there are strikingly similarities, but also some differences

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • There are some similarities but more differences

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • There are absolutely no similarities

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I don´t know

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • yes, there are similarities amongst the paired-up images, not all together

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • Yes, among the paired images the similarities are striking.

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
Thank you SO very much to everyone who have voted :)

This thread have been watched 991 times, and there are today 36 votes, so I very much hope that more WS member will decise to vote in the comming days:)

Theforeigner

Foreigner,
I do see some kind of similiarity in the shape of the face between megan and molly. And a similiarity in the "seductive spark" in the eyes between Tracy and Melissa. But I do not see a resemblance in the others.

Maureen's full name is Maureen BRAINARD Barnes.

Just had to correct that. :)

I do see similarities with each of them. but Tracy Ann Robers and Melissa Brathelemy stick out the most to me.

Maybe the killer has a type, maybe he doesn't. In '77 the press said Berkowitz would only kill women with long, dark hair. That turned out to be false according to the killer himself. It was just chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the AC and GB4 is the same killer. The timeline, victim profiles, the hotel connection to Long island with Kim Raffo, etc.. just too much that fits the puzzle. Again, I do not believe anything about the killer having a shoe fetish or the killer being of a certain faith because the victims were missing shoes and were facing east etc. I think he does certain things to throw off LE, and probably didn't think he would have to pull a Jessica Taylor with all the victims or just got a bit on the careless/lazy side with the AC4 and GB4 murders.

Just found a mug shot of Atlantic City (AC4)victim Kim Raffo.
Here side by side with a mug shot of Long island (GB4) victim Amber Costello:

Link to the Kim Raffo mug shot (in the video):
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/30/atlantic.city.killings/index.html
"Atlantic City killings could be linked to others"
By Jacinth Planer, CNN Special Investigations
July 31, 2011

ATLANTICKimRaffoandAmberCostellomugshots_zps6e031f7e.png

I am STILL convinced THAT the AC4 and the GB4 victims were killed by the same killer!

And that the killer after killing the AC4, choose to do a mirror/replica of his first serial killig cluster by picking 4 new victims (the GB4), via craigslist etc. ads with photos, that were look-alikes of the AC4 victims.

Molly Jean Dilts..........looked like....Megan Waterman
Barbara Breidor..........looked like....Maureen Brainard-Barnes
Tracy Ann Roberts.....looked like....Melissa Barthelemy
Kim Raffo.................looked like.... Amber Lynn Costell

And...

Common traits between the two clusters,the AC4 and the GB4:

All Prostitues
Killed 4 victims in 2 clusters
Possibly/probably all victims killed by strangulation/suffocation
Dumped both clusters, side by side, in a row
Both clusters dumped by water
All victims, except possibly Molly Jean Dilts, used dugs
All AC4 were mothers...2 GB4 were mothers
And I belive the two clusters are indeed look-alikes, the way I decribed above.

The connection...and the motive...for ALL the AC4 and the GB4 murders, IMO...is...KIM RAFFO...

Also remember that Kim Raffo grew up on Long Island:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/30/atlantic.city.killings/index.html

"Kim Raffo seemed to have had a picture-perfect early life. She originally grew up on Long Island but then moved to Brooklyn, New York, where at 14 she met the man she would later marry, Hugh Auslander."

And her x-husband has LOTS of family and friends on Long Island as wel!!!

I do wonder if any influential people, within LE , politics or bizz, are related to Kim Raffo's x-husband or his family???

The connection...and the motive...for ALL the AC4 and the GB4 murders, IMO...is...KIM RAFFO...

if they are related, 100% agree

one of the arguable sticking points from "pundits" is the rate of "kill speed"--imho, that is easily explained because the killer was not located continuously in that LI area(but rather intermittent time periods), but was in the A/C area during that span of time of the those murders

I dont get it. She had a husband, children, and a house. Traded everything in for drugs and a life on the streets.

I had never seen this thread befor and just looked at the eight pics of the women. I think the first group of four pics all look similar, and the last group of four all look similar. Four have the longer noses and similar shape to the eyebrows and curve of the cheeks. The same with four with more upturned noses, eyebrows, and chubbier cheeks. It's pretty noticeable, imo.

I dont get it. She had a husband, children, and a house. Traded everything in for drugs and a life on the streets.

Well her husband has anger issues, he is violent, convicted of Aggravated Battery and also domestic violence.
He threatened to kill Kim and her new boyfriend.
He is a longtime druguser. Both Kim and the x-husband has drug records.

Maybe (I´m sure) that marrige was not so wonderfull as Kim's x-husband wants to paint it!
And remember, he was not able to get back his children, there has to be a reason for that, I mean the fact that Kim Raffo could not get back custody of the children, that is understandable due to that she was a prostitute and a drugadict, BUT WHY was her x-husband denied custody???
And the children apparently refused to meet either of them hmmm...

So what was really going on in that family prior to that Kim left her husband?

Also remember that it was the x-husband who took the children and moved from Florida to Atlantic City (Ocean City) back in 2002 and that Kim and her new boyfriend followed the x-husband and the children to Atlantic City, THAT is how and why Kim Raffo ended up in AC.

if they are related, 100% agree

one of the arguable sticking points from "pundits" is the rate of "kill speed"--imho, that is easily explained because the killer was not located continuously in that LI area(but rather intermittent time periods), but was in the A/C area during that span of time of the those murders

Yes I agree CM, however I belive the AC4 murders was committed to scare Kim Raffo out of Atlantic City, to scare her out of prostitution, to scare her back into the arms of that particular man (the killer).
When Kim didn´t repond the way the man wanted, he killed her too (Kim was the one killed last, and ALL AC4 murders were commited in the timespan Kim's x-husband was in AC/LI trying to get Kim back, wich she refused), as a punishment, out of years long upbuilt anger/rage, and because if he couldn´t have her noone should have her...
The killer was on a mission...I think he got a tast for it, and I think he continued his mission on Long Island.
So were did he go after LI?
(all just my theorie/ opinion of course;))

(late to this thread, but thought I'd add this anyway)

I'm imagining them individually as seen through the eyes of a killer. He first sizes up each woman as potential prey. I don't believe the killer is looking for the "perfect" facial-feature match of a past victim -- logic would tell him the odds of finding that are low -- and he seeks a victim. The paired women have very similar features and consistency inspires confidence. In other words, he succeeded in overpowering and killing someone. So, down the road, he seeks other woman who look similar to past victims and that evokes a sense of being able to predict the same "successful" outcome.

Placement:
AC4 were placed in near-exact uniform fashion not far from each other all on a line - a drainage ditch.
GB4 were placed in near-exact uniform fashion not far from each other all on a line - a highway.

Spacing/Distance:
AC4 all found within ~0.08 miles (420 ft) of each other. Spaced apart, but not aligned equal distance from each other. The middle two were about 50 ft apart. Done over 1 month.
GB4 all found within ~0.17 miles (879 ft) of each other. Spaced relatively equal distance from each other over the years.

COD:
AC4 COD: 2 undetermined, 1 asphyxiation possibly by strangulation, 1 strangulation
GB4 COD: All 4 strangulation.

All had similar lifestyles -- however AC4 solicited from the street; GB4 solicited online.

Could this guy be a gambler with obsessive–compulsive disorder from the West Islip/Oak Beach area? If not the same killer, then someone who studied the AC4 cases with keen interest?

As of today the results are:

positivly agree:

Yes, no doubt, they are strikingly similar 13 20.97%
Yes there are strikingly similarities, but also some differences 12 19.35%
yes, there are similarities btw the paired-up images, not all tht 11 17.74%
Yes, among the paired images the similarities are striking. 6 9.68%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
42 votes 67,74 %

Does not agree:

There are some similarities but more differences 10 16.13%
There are absolutely no similarities 7 11.29%
17 votes 27.42%

Don´t know:

I don´t know 3 4.84%
3 votes 4.84 %

So... alltogether I belive we can conclude that the vast majority is of the opinion that the AC4 and the GB4 victims are indeed lookalikes as to the way I have described it in my post #1 in this thread.

(PLEASE make sure to go to #1 and read in what way, exactely, it is that I belive this lookalike is present, before you make comments)

Yes I agree CM, however I belive the AC4 murders was committed to scare Kim Raffo out of Atlantic City, to scare her out of prostitution, to scare her back into the arms of that particular man (the killer).
When Kim didn´t repond the way the man wanted, he killed her too (Kim was the one killed last, and ALL AC4 murders were commited in the timespan Kim's x-husband was in AC/LI trying to get Kim back, wich she refused), as a punishment, out of years long upbuilt anger/rage, and because if he couldn´t have her noone should have her...
The killer was on a mission...I think he got a tast for it, and I think he continued his mission on Long Island.
So were did he go after LI?
(all just my theorie/ opinion of course;))

I like your theory.

How would SG fit into this theory (or would she)?

I like your theory.

How would SG fit into this theory (or would she)?

IMO SG is NOT connected to the GB4 murders, meaning I don´t think she was killed by the Long Island Serial Killer.
Wheter I belive that SG was murdered? I´m not 100% sure, but I lean to that she was murdered.

And FYI I can add to the other info, my theorie that you responded to, that Kim Raffo was friends with at least 2 of the other AC4 murder victims; Tracy Ann Roberts, 23, and Molly Dilts, 19, they were both roommates with Kim Raffo!!!
Concerning the 4th AC4 murder victim Barbara Breidor, 42, I have no 100% evidence that KR personaly knew BB, however I have evidence that they, in the very same timeframe, used the very same hotel to service their "Johns".
But of course they might have known each other on a personal level.

But the FACT that at least 3 of the victims knew each other so well that they even lived together, THAT is IMO somthing that support my theorie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund
Back