GUILTY Inidia - Mukesh Singh & 5 others for fatal gang rape on Delhi bus, 2012

Delhi Gang Rape: Police Target Zee News as Male Victim Claims Fatal Blunders

"I want to tell what I faced, what my friend faced."

He blamed police for failing to provide basic care to the victim at the scene. "Three police vans arrived at the scene after about 45 minutes, but wasted time deciding under which police station's jurisdiction the case fell," he said.

He said he had been forced to carry his bleeding friend to the police van himself, since police "didn't help us". "They were just watching us. My friend was bleeding profusely and they were probably worried about their clothes," he said. "I was more concerned about her. But instead of taking us to a nearby hospital, they took us to a hospital that was far away."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/420949/20130105/new-delhi-rape-india-witness-zee-tv.htm

eta

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/4...e-friend-interview-braveheart-chargesheet.htm

He pointed out that none of the passersby came to their help for nearly 25 minutes after the duo were thrown out of the bus.

BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking
Father of murdered Delhi rape victim denies giving British newspaper permission to name her, reports say

My understanding is that the father has NOT given permission for his daughter's name to be used. I don't have a link, but maybe WFGodOT will provide me with one? Please?

Thanks,

Salem

Father of murdered Delhi rape victim denies giving British newspaper permission to name her, reports say

Until we get this all figured out, please lets not use her name.

Salem

My understanding is that the father has NOT given permission for his daughter's name to be used. I don't have a link, but maybe WFGodOT will provide me with one? Please?

Thanks,

Salem

Until we get this all figured out, please lets not use her name.

Salem
Don't have a link yet, just the BBC tweet above indicating the info. Will check again.

Here we go: India rape: Father 'did not want victim named' (BBC News)

Info still up last I checked on Sunday People (which originally reported it) and Sunday Mail sites. Actually People (which is the Mirror Sunday paper) has two new articles based on their original reporting.

This article contains direct quotes of the father <redactions by me>. While this isn't MSM, it's pretty specific as to what he said, and there are 3800 google hits containing the same quote:

<redacted> is her real name, the victim's father, identified as <redacted>, told The Sunday People. "We want the world to know her real name. My daughter didn't do anything wrong, she died while protecting herself," he was quoted as saying on Saturday.

"I am proud of her. Revealing her name will give courage to other women who have survived these attacks. They will find strength from my daughter," said the father, who was interviewed by the newspaper in his ancestral village of Billia in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.

full article:
http://www.christianpost.com/news/world-should-know-india-rape-victims-real-name-father-says-87769/

Naming a rape victim is illegal in India, so possibly the father himself would be in legal trouble for his statements, thus the retraction??

JMO

It's only illegal for others to name a rape victim. So a woman can name herself, and if she passes her family may name her. But they do not have to.

It could be that there has been some social repercussions, and his wife did not participate so she may not have agreed with his choice. It may have been regret.

The article writers said they did not publish a photo at his request, so it seems odd that they would name her if he didn't want them to. Crazier things have happened though.

And it could have been a communication error. He may have assumed she would be unnamed even if he named her in the conversation- and they may have taken that as permission.

I don't know, but I won't use her name just in case.

It's not illegal to name a rape victim, at least here in US. Press just doesn't normally do it because of courtesy. But they won't be breaking any laws if they name names.

I originally posted the Sunday People article in which her father named the victim, then called in the drone strike on self after seeing the BBC News tweet in which he denied having said it. People's reporting seems strong enough and they've yet to recant. Still no naming in the UK broadsheets though.

FWIW, in part from:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-daughter-should-become-symbol-for-hope.html

... The law, section 228A of the colonial Indian Penal Code, which states that whoever published the name of a rape victim "shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years".

The law has been questioned by leading government minister Shashi Tharoor and was on Sunday night challenged by Brinda Karat, a veteran communist MP and one of India's foremost women's rights campaigners.

"If the victim wants to come out and say what happened to her, she has every right. In this case 228A does not apply and the government is totally wrong on this because the girl's father, in her absence, he has every right to say so. It is ridiculous and I totally support him," she said.

Here is some mental vomit from a spiritual guru:

'She's as guilty as her rapists': Fury as Indian guru blames tragic student, 23, for the vicious gang attack which killed herAsaram Bapu says gang rape victim is responsible for her own fate
Spiritual leader's remarks criticised by politicians and mocked by web users
Comes as judge orders trial of rape suspects to be held in private
150 people tried to cram into court room built for just 30
The victim died on December 29 - 13 days after horrific attack

By Hugo Gye and Suzannah Hills
PUBLISHED: 12:42 GMT, 7 January 2013 | UPDATED: 09:49 GMT, 8 January 2013

A self-described 'spiritual guru' has sparked outrage in India after saying that the 23-year-old rape victim who died after being assaulted by six men was partly responsible for her own attack.

Asaram Bapu said that the victim, whose fate has drawn the sympathy of the world and been treated as a national tragedy within India, was 'as guilty as her rapists'.

He added that she should have been more friendly to her attackers if she wanted to preserve her own life.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ous-gang-attack-killed-her.html#ixzz2HNYZcydt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:banghead::banghead:

Here is some mental vomit from a spiritual guru:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ous-gang-attack-killed-her.html#ixzz2HNYZcydt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:banghead::banghead:

:furious: Ugh!

While theoretically nonviolence and kindness is a good practice, there are instances where it only makes things worse, and taking a stand is the only choice. Guess this guru has never been in that type of situation before. Perhaps silence would have been best for him here. :furious:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-anti-rape-ordinance/articleshow/18325707.cms

NEW DELHI: President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday gave his assent to the ordinance sharpening laws against sexual assault, mandating harsher punishment like death penalty for offenders in cases where the victim dies or is pushed into a persistent vegetative state. The amended law comes into force immediately.

The ordinance, which also introduced voyeurism, stalking, disrobing of women and acid attacks as specific offences under the Indian Penal Code, was approved by the Union Cabinet on Friday.

New Delhi: Ram Singh, the key accused in the Delhi gang-rape case, has committed suicide inside the Tihar Jail premises where he was lodged.

Tihar Jail officials said Ram Singh hanged himself at Jail Number 3, at around 5 am this morning. His body has been taken to Deen Dayal Upadhyay (DDU) Hospital in Delhi.

Ram Singh was the driver of the bus in which six men inflicted horrific assault on 23-year-old medical student in Delhi and was the main accused.
---
more at the link

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/r...ape-case-commits-suicide-in-tihar-jail-340752

Another sad story from India, days before the anniversary of the death of the Delhi woman:

27 December 2013 Last updated at 14:58 GMT
Indian woman 'raped by two gangs on Christmas Eve'

Police in India say 10 men are in custody, after a 21-year-old woman was raped by two apparently unrelated groups of men on Christmas Eve.

She was visiting friends in Pondicherry when she was abducted by three men and raped by one of them, officials say.

She found her friends after that ordeal but they were all confronted by another group of men who singled her out and gang-raped her, according to police.

The last suspect was arrested on Friday and police say they have confessed.

According to police, the attackers were not known to the victim and these appear to be unrelated attacks.

Two police officers have also been suspended for initially refusing to register the victim's complaint.

What are the odds of encountering two unrelated gangs of rapists the same night?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-25527401

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare