Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a girl crush on you Katie.... Not only for your wise and well written posts, but for your persistence.... I have been saying for months I would love Janine in the courtroom, so she could get a better feel of her, although she will probably have to watch again on YouTube as it sounds like y'all are far away from Jodi, I also bet the family would love to have her there!! You rock my friend!!

Thinking of you as you travel to LA and hope for a safe trip. Also sending hugs and know how difficult it must be for you to revisit that time in your life.. Did the insurance company ever pay up? Will your dad be there also?Someone else posted that they knew your sister is proud of you... I also think that, she will be with you every step of the way, look for signs of that....you will definitely be guided by her spirit!

I don't know you, but it's strange it feels like I do....as you said this connection that we feel on this board makes us heal and feel like we are contributing!

Much luck and try to have some fun in sunny LA...

Other posters have confirmed in North America this gesture has connotations of flipping the double bird.

Don't use it if you visit the UK! Palm inwards it means *advertiser censored** Off. (Palm out it mean Peace or Victory.)

Jodi has referred to the double bird before in testimony. Not sure where, as it was early on. jmo

Attention Please!

You are NOT allowed to cut and paste without providing a link to the original source.

You are NOT allowed to cut and paste and even provide a link, if it's a site one needs to pay to use their service.

Please also be SURE, just as with social media links, you have the correct party and it's relevant.

Now I'm going to go back and remove any posts regarding what was being posted. I think you all know who and what I'm talking about. If you want to help me, you could go and delete your own post before I do.

If you have any questions, please pm me or any other moderator.

fran

Websleuths is a victim friendly site and we are NOT sleuthing the victim of this crime.

MeeBee, bringing this over from last thread.

What does this symbol, 'throwing up the deuces' mean?

I see this in a lot of photos of young people lately, on FaceBook, etc.

I always wonder what it meant, and why Travis would be doing that in a naked photo taken by Jodi.

Actually if you look carefully at the picture you can see that he's throwing the bottle of KY, towards the photographer. You can see that his hand and the bottle are blurry as if in motion. I don't think he was making any gesture. It's just the way his hand was in that fraction of a second after tossing the bottle.

MOO

Attention Please!

You are NOT allowed to cut and paste without providing a link to the original source.

You are NOT allowed to cut and paste and even provide a link, if it's a site one needs to pay to use their service.

Please also be SURE, just as with social media links, you have the correct party and it's relevant.

Now I'm going to go back and remove any posts regarding what was being posted. I think you all know who and what I'm talking about. If you want to help me, you could go and delete your own post before I do.

If you have any questions, please pm me or any other moderator.

fran

Websleuths is a victim friendly site and we are NOT sleuthing the victim of this crime.

Sorry! I should know better. :blushing:

Other posters have confirmed in North America this gesture has connotations of flipping the double bird.

Don't use it if you visit the UK! Palm inwards it means *advertiser censored** Off. (Palm out it mean Peace or Victory.)

Deuces also Chris Brown song

image.jpg

MeeBee, bringing this over from last thread.

What does this symbol, 'throwing up the deuces' mean?

I see this in a lot of photos of young people lately, on FaceBook, etc.

I always wonder what it meant, and why Travis would be doing that in a naked photo taken by Jodi.

It doesn't really mean anything in the FB pics. Just a pose. I think it started out as kind of a "hey bro" thing. Nikki Minaj said it in a song that was really popular recently - Super Bass. "I am Nicki Minaj, I mack them dudes up, back coupes up, and chuck the deuce up" so kinda like "see ya." Not sure if that's when it took off on fb, but my kids and their friends use it constantly.

I haven't gone back and looked at that pic, but at least one poster has suggested that he had just thrown the KY. That sounds plausible to me, too.

I can only imagine the terror and disbelief going through Travis's mind
when he sees this person with a gun doing a reenactment of the event he
told on the Mefford tape. This person who was laying on his lap and heard every word. And instead of just slipping from underneath his arm, makes a big sweep by picking up his whole arm. Sleeping beast needs attention.

Has anyone done an arrest records search on Jodi? We know she has was not a prima madonna in her earlier years either.
I also did some really stupid things in my early 20's that I am defintely not proud off.

:seeya: You can "bet your boots" Mr. Martinez has checked out EVERYTHING on Jodi ... everything ...

:great: Mr. Martinez does NOT miss a beat ! :great:

:great: I am so glad Travis has Mr. Martinez prosecuting this case against Jodi ! :great:

:seeya:

:seeya: You can "bet your boots" Mr. Martinez has checked out EVERYTHING on Jodi ... everything ...

:great: Mr. Martinez does NOT miss a beat ! :great:

:great: I am so glad Travis has Mr. Martinez prosecuting this case against Jodi ! :great:

:seeya:

He was sent by God, IMO, to give Travis a voice and bring him justice.

Well I just looked in siskiyou.courts.ca.gov and all she has is 3 speeding tickets until she was arrested for the Arizona situation. Trying to recall the other states she may have lived in- Arizona obviously, and where else?

It doesn't really mean anything in the FB pics. Just a pose. I think it started out as kind of a "hey bro" thing. Nikki Minaj said it in a song that was really popular recently - Super Bass. "I am Nicki Minaj, I mack them dudes up, back coupes up, and chuck the deuce up" so kinda like "see ya." Not sure if that's when it took off on fb, but my kids and their friends use it constantly.

I haven't gone back and looked at that pic, but at least one poster has suggested that he had just thrown the KY. That sounds plausible to me, too.

I cringe everytime I see the word KY....It really is a slap in the face to all of us that live in the state of Ky. :blushing:

I cringe everytime I see the word KY....It really is a slap in the face to all of us that live in the state of Ky. :blushing:

Sorry. I don't like posting it either. But there really isn't a good alternative. "Lubricating gel" doesn't sound that great to me either lol

Well I just looked in siskiyou.courts.ca.gov and all she has is 3 speeding tickets until she was arrested for the Arizona situation. Trying to recall the other states she may have lived in- Arizona obviously, and where else?

never mind wht i posed :floorlaugh:

Fran?

If we don't sleuth the victim a little, we might not be prepared for what Nurmi might bring up.

I'm nervous enough lol. I need to be prepared for everything, lol.

If it could be brought up, it would have been already, imo. The "status" of the case is irrelevant and the crime itself is not sufficiently related in time or nature to be admissible if I were to guess.

I think the date of the airline ticket is important because Jodi told Flores that she missed Travis's funeral in southern California because she had a flat tire on the way to the airport. I think this was before the memorial service in Mesa. Is this the charge for the trip for the funeral, or did she lie about this, too?

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf
(page 18 near bottom)

I have no doubt about the premeditation. On May 26, Travis sent her the text message calling her a sociopath, saying that she was the worst thing that had ever happened to him, saying he was going to tell her family what she had done, etc. Two days later somebody (Jodi) stole a 25-caliber gun and a few other things from her grandparents' house. She just happened to be living with those grandparents. Jodi mentioned that the person stole $30 from her (a $20 bill and a $10 bill). She probably lied about this. There was a large stack of quarters in the house, but the person left those. He/she also didn't notice Jodi's laptop in a laundry basket under some clothes (if that's where it was). There were other guns there also, but only the one handgun was taken--the same caliber gun that Jodi used to kill Travis. This isn't a popular gun now. It was more popular back in the early 1900's, probably prior to 1950 or so. I read somewhere that this caliber was first built in 1905. On June 2, she rented the car, asking for one that did not stand out. The guy at Budget said that her hair was blond. The next day, June 3, she had brown hair. She dyed her hair so that she wouldn't be recognized in Mesa. Everyone there knew she had platinum blond hair. If someone saw a female with brown hair walking to a white Ford Focus, they would never realize that it was Jodi. She had talked with Darrell beforehand about borrowing the gas cans, and then she bought an extra can. On the receipt, it says it's a kerosene can. Since it's a new can, she could have put gas in that can so she wouldn't have to buy any gas anywhere near Mesa or bought kerosene to use to burn her clothes and other things she wanted to get rid of. Jodi had to go back out of her way to return a remote. I wonder if she hid the DVD player (or whatever she stole from her grandparents) in her car, gave it to Darrell and his son, and forgot to give them the remote. She may have brought the knife from home, or she could have bought a large knife with cash on the way to Mesa and then thrown the receipt away. No knife was missing from any knife set at Travis's house. She never bought anything in the Mesa area. That was the purpose of the gas cans. Jodi arrived at Travis's house in the middle of the night (3-4 a.m.). Jodi and Travis slept until noon or later. His roommate Enrico got up early the morning of June 4 to go to work. He usually got back home around 6 to 6:30. The other, Zach, got up and went to the repair shop to get his car that had been wrecked. I have no idea what time he left, but he said he got back at 3 and left again at 4. One of the roommates told Flores that the only people who had been at that house during the previous week were Travis, Zach and his girlfriend, and Enrico and his girlfriend. That person also said that there had been no strange cars in the neighborhood. So where did Jodi park? If she had parked in the driveway, as she said, one of the two guys would have remembered the car being there, even if they didn't know whose car it was. Travis sent that text saying he didn't want to have anything to do with her on May 26. Nine days later he was dead.

Last night I started reading the media thread. Somewhere on there, I saw where Jodi was asked about the trip to Cancun. She DID admit that she was a little bit jealous that she wasn't getting to go with Travis on that trip.

Jodi has told so many lies on the stand. I think the jury has to discount everything that she has said because nobody can tell what's the truth and what's a lie. I honestly don't believe Jodi's anal sex after baptism story or the one about Travis and the pictures of the little boys. He probably did yell at her at times and throw stuff across the room, but I don't believe there was any physical abuse or sexual abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn