Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, Prosecution implied these were fibers similar to those in the carpet.

There was no rope, and thus no reason for a long knife in to be in the bathroom or bedroom.

Unless, of course, TA had a visitor who brought one to stab, carve, slice, and slash him some 29 times in a meticulously planned and carefully executed revenge murder.

She was trying to make her testimony fit the evidence. I am just trying to figure out where the references to decorative rope in some posts is coming from.

Nurmi's specialty is sex crimes, and all his bullchit goes to trying to prove BWS, imho. This is gonna come up AGAIN, when his (cough) expert witness takes the stand.

She's going to testify that JA was sooooo traumatized and under Travis' thumb, she'd do anything for him. Watch for it.

i agree. i will also be waiting for jm's cross of the experts, should be exciting. :moo:

Water-soluble personal lubricant ----> :idea:

Jodi Arias, in describing why she didn't fill the gasoline cans all the way, explained that she didn't want to allow a highly flammable substance to contaminate her person and apparel.

Here in the nation's heartland, we dumb ol' hicks just say that we didn't wanna get any gas on us.

perfect WSPL it is!

The opening hours for the Tesoro 62097 SLC was posted earlier and iirc the hours were 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Correct? And, I would appreciate knowing how these hours were verified because I cannot find operating hours on the web; probably just didn't look long enough. Thanks!

Here's my thought on the bed photos that were supposedly taken that day.......they didn't happen. Jodi says she brought TWO cameras with her, I do believe that. I believe that she transferred photos from one of her cameras to his new camera and the time stamps show the time they were transferred. I do not believe there was any sex at all that day. I do not believe that Travis let her in the house. I do not believe that Travis even knew she was coming. I believe that Jodi is the one that was on Travis's laptop at 4 am and not Travis. I believe that Travis had no idea that Jodi was in the house much less his bathroom taking pictures of him in the shower until he turned and saw her. I believe that if you look at the shower pictures in order that you can see when he realized she was there. I believe that she stabbed him in the chest first while he was sitting in the shower and that was also when she took the accidental shower ceiling picture.

Jodi planned this carefully. Jodi had no intention of Travis being alive when she left his house. Thank goodness she stinks as a criminal because the evidence she left behind will allow the jury to find her guilty of 1st degree murder.

MOO

2 reasons why this scenario does not make sense to me:

1. Why would she purposefully transfer sex photos on to his camera on the day of the murder--thereby implicating herself in his death by proving she was there that day when her hope was no one would know she was ever in Mesa?

2. The shower pics are taken with the door open. There's no way he didn't know she was taking them.

IMO, of course:twocents:

The problem is...we have a Sony (his) and an Olympus (hers).

For the Sony to display the images it looks for files it recognizes (proprietary). Same for the Olympus.

Moving the pics from the Sony to a laptop to move to another SD card doesn't mean that you can just pop it into any camera. The computer has software to read images...any image. The camera has software to read its OWN images. Not just any.

ETA: Correcting which camera file went where...got them mixed up. Ugh... Her lower quality pics may have been unrecognizable to the newer/better quality camera.

I have several photog friends that I will run this by with. I am an overall IT person, so these are my thoughts in terms of how I know software in general to work.

Also, these images would then have shown up somewhere on his hard drive, even if she deleted the files. We know that his computer drives have been scoured, and I'm sure image files were probably at the top of the list, given the pedo allegation.

A few things I disagree with,

as for transferring pics neither camera used a secure digital media, in fact both cameras used different media. The Sony would have used MSP or MSPD memory stick pro and the d on the 2nd one is for duo, The Olympus used an XD card like Fuji, both makers are fond of the XD media or Extreme Digital. She is not that smart to do all the transferring but yet leave the media card, purely stupid.

If she was on his laptop at 4 am, why not access little boy *advertiser censored* sites, what was accessed if it was her did not help any so that is doubtful IMO

and last but not least, Jodi planned carefully. One does not leave a paper trail a mile long for a premeditated murder.

she didn't come up with that line of defense until much later after her arrest.:twocents: and after her "I wasn't there" and "ninja" stories did not work.

Any version of the face picture at a decent resolution clearly shows water running down e door. There is no question the door is shut. It may have been open in some and closed in others, (Jodi going for effects).

I know it was open in the sitting pic, which is right about when she stabbed him. Then all hell broke loose

I certainly could be wrong but I don't see water running down a door, and by the color of that pic it looks taken with a flash. If a polarizing filter had been used to eliminate glare from the glass, it would darken the photo, no?

The water stream down Travis' face follows the contours of his face. But some of the droplets near that stream cast shadows, so perhaps you are right.

Stephanie, I've been trying to work out how she legally got hold of the second gun -- the 9mm. So, she returns from her Murder Mission on June 7th and is arrested on what date (if you know.) What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not she had the 30 days it would have taken for the background check to have obtained it legally and if not, where did the 9mm come from?

She would have a wait (10 days on average) However my guess is it will be unregistered? I would venture to guess one of her bar friends gave it to her, or Matt? Or a dishwasher from work?

This is a BIG SHOUT OUT to ALL posters here!!

Being able to follow the case here on WS has done 2 HUGE things for me:

1) reduced my anxiety & need for xanax--only take it for bedtime now--YAY!!
2) reduced my smoking--(no smoking in the house) down to 2cigs a day--no expensive meds/patch/gum--YAY!!

Again, thank you ALL for the cessation, laughs, ahah moments, and EVERYTHING!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

we are glad you found websleuths and congrats on 1 and 2~!!!

It doesn't make any difference if they had sex that day or not, and because of the naked photos I think it's pretty safe to assume that they did. Sex is the only thing Jodi had in her arsenal to have him pay even one bit of attention to her after the break up, and like so many women have believed before and always will, Jodi believed she could convince him to get back with her with offering him sex.

Whether or not they had sex before she killed him is immaterial to the case, and given the photo evidence they very likely did.

I think her strategy was the same as it always was but this time telling him she'd moved on, and this was just "for old time's sake" sort of like "good bye. let's be just friends" sex. But Jodi's real plan was the same as it always was - win him back to her with sex. Except this time she was prepared to either make him dump the other woman from the Cancun trip and take her or she was going to kill him.

She was never satisfied with the occasional sex romp with him, and was pissed off that it was not working in getting him back to her, so she put her foot down and decided either he take her back or she'd kill him. There was no way she was going to allow anyone but her to have him. If she couldn't have him then she was going to make him pay for that with his life which conveniently also would keep anyone else from ever having him. A story as old as time itself.

Yes, exactly.
I think the fact that it was time for Travis to settle down according to Mormom traditions (he was going to be 31) and he had no intention to marry HER, that really set her off tbh.

IMO.

Showing my ignorance but can anyone tell me what BBM stands for? TIA

She would have a wait (10 days on average) However my guess is it will be unregistered? I would venture to guess one of her bar friends gave it to her, or Matt? Or a dishwasher from work?

i thought they knew where she bought it? wrong?

More calculations.

The total round trip from Redding -> Pasadena -> Mesa -> Las Vegas -> SLC -> Redding = 2389 miles (mileage according to google maps)

Total number of miles she put on her rental: 2834

Difference= 445

Granted she probably put in a few miles here and there for driving within her stopped areas, such as SLC, Pasadena, the drive to TA's house. But 445 is a lot of extra miles. So she probably drove quite far off the route (probably in the desert somewhere in NV or UT) to dispose of the gun/rope/etc... I'm guessing at least 100-200 miles. Meaning she either went off route...or drove in and drove out off of her route so it could be anywhere from 50-100 miles off of I-15 somewhere between Las Vegas and SLC.

She was trying to make her testimony fit the evidence. I am just trying to figure out where the references to decorative rope in some posts is coming from.

I do not believe that she was trying to make this particular testiphoney fit the evidence.

Instead, she was using it both as a diversionary tactic and, more importantly, an explanation as to why there was a long knife in the bathroom area.

Arias and Nurmi have consistently referred to the rope as "soft" in order to distinguish it from what she has called "twine" which she says was used in an earlier 'light bondage' encounter.

JM referred to the rope as "decorative", to wit, quoting Juan Martinez: "The purpose of this rope was purely decorative for the fantasy, right?"

But the Defense prefers "soft".

So many question why she even bothers lying about the 3rd gas can. The reason being b/c she *KNEW* she would need it to carry out her plan. And she *KNOWS* it proves that her intent to kill TA was premeditated.

WHY THE 3RD GAS CAN PROVES PREMEDITATION:
- rental car tank size aprox. 13.5 gallons and makes 28 mpg for a total of 378 miles on a full tank of gas.

- 3 five gallon gas cans for aprox. 14-15 gallons of gas for at least 378 miles if she refills with 3 gas cans.

Distance from where she had to get off of I-15 (off route from SLC) to Mesa + the distance where she would have to get back on I-15 (Las Vegas) from Mesa to continue on her route to SLC to be sure she didn't fill up on gas anywhere off of the route (I-15) from Pasadena to SLC= 707 miles.

She would need 3 gas cans to make this work.... 2 cans wouldn't be enough.

bbm: exactly.. meaning she planned to be off the grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member