Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
to jump off your post about the journal. you notice how nurmi did not go the the date in ja's journal when she lied to herself about ta's death. i don't remember verbatim something about how she loved him and would miss him wanted to find out who did this horrible thing to ta. telling lies to the journal. :banghead:

yeah, i guess she was afraid he'd read about that too, right?

my favorite entry was that TA 'won't be calling me again anytime soon

:furious:

Karmady
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacky
I cringe everytime I see the word KY....It really is a slap in the face to all of us that live in the state of Ky.

Sorry. I don't like posting it either. But there really isn't a good alternative. "Lubricating gel" doesn't sound that great to me either lol

LOL.. Wud ya pleeaase pass the jelleh?
[video=youtube;3xBydH93eDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xBydH93eDY[/video]

Soft rope is an odd description. Almost 7 yards of even the cheapest decorative rope would not be that cheap. A couple dollars a yard would make a purchase of $14. Most decorative trim is more expensive than that.

We all know there was never any rope.

But the lying torture-murderess's modus operandi is always to fabricate tangential details, much like the magician bids you watch his diversionary hand -- because the 'sleight' is of his other one.

I've been Pre-occupied and unable to comment, but I am concerned over JM's cross on the gas can issue. We all know that Nurmi gave Jodi an out with his objection by implying there is no proof the third purchase was for gas. I'm sure a member has already speculated that she will say exactly that, and it was the reason that she didn't save the receipt. She wasn't going to write off snacks or whatever. I also don't understand where JM is going with it unless he has something up his sleeve because otherwise it further bolsters JA's lies of why she would travel with back up gas in gas cans. I just don't understand his point and hope he ties it all up.

That gas station sells ONLY gas during the hours she was there. Juan knows that, Nurmi knows that, and Arias knows that. I'm assuming he will prove that, possibly through a new witness, which he can only add when he does his rebuttal.
The THIRD gas can is important, not only because she lied about it several times, once straight TO the jurors during their questions - but also because that third can would have allowed her to make the trip there and back to her documented route without stopping for gas.
Catching her in a lie that is PROVEABLE with evidence, trashes her credibility.

yeah, i guess she was afraid he'd read about that too, right?

my favorite entry was that TA 'won't be calling me again anytime soon

:furious:

When did these come in? I don't remember seeing them. I would love to be able to find screen shots of these entries.

I am only missing when she moved back to Arizona after the break up

September 2006 – Travis Alexander met Jodi Arias at a conference in Las Vegas. At the time, Alexander was 30. Arias, then 28, was living in Palm Desert, Calif., November 26, 2006 –Arias baptized into the LDS Church
February 2, 2007 – Alexander and Arias began dating.
June 29, 2007 – Alexander and Arias broke up.
July 2007 --------- Jodi Moves To Mesa...
December 2007 – Alexander began dating another woman. He told friends Jodi was stalking him.
January 8, 2008 – Arias, according to prosecutors, sent this text to Alexander: "Ahhh!! I fell asleep! But to answer your question, yes I want to grind you. And I want to be LOUD. And I want to give you a nice, warm 'mouth hug' too. :)"
January 18, 2008 – Arias, according to prosecutors, sent this text to Alexander: "My p---y is SO WET."
March 2008 – Arias and Alexander visited several states together, including Oklahoma and Texas.
April 2008 - Arias moved from Arizona back to California.
May 10, 2008 - Arias posted the last entry to her online blog. It reads, in part: "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."
(Travis wrote the angry email to her)
May 18, 2008 - Alexander posted the last entry, titled "Why I want to marry a Gold Digger," to his online blog.
June 2008 - During the first week of June 2008, Alexander told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account. He allegedly said that he told her to stay out of his life forever.
June 2, 2008 - Arias, according to police, picked up Rental car.
June 4, 2008 - Arias allegedly went to Alexander's home in Mesa, Ariz. And Murdered him
June 5, 2008 - Arias went to visit Ryan Burns in Utah
June 7, 2008 - Arias, according to police, returned her rental car
June 9, 2008 - Alexander's friends, found his body
June 13, 2008 - Arias posted a photo gallery "In Loving Memory of Travis."
June 17, 2008 - Arias interviewed at Mesa Police Dept

BBM Depends on your lifestyle, I use to party til 7 am, Travis appeared to be a bit of a night owl also.

That's true...testimony shows they spoke late at night often..
He called her after 3am on June 2

Apologies for not knowing and/or if this has been discussed at length before, but is premeditation the sole tipping point for the DP? If for some reason, the jury does not believe premeditation, what can or will they do?

TIA. :)

No, it is not hinging entirely upon premeditation. There is a discussion about this in the legal thread. Apparently there is also a 'cruelty' factor that can substitute for premeditation and get her the DP.

When did these come in? I don't remember seeing them. I would love to be able to find screen shots of these entries.

i don't know that these 'post death' entries have come in. i read them on someone's photobucket somewhere in this thread. let me see if i can find it again.

There is a demonstration elsewhere showing the difference between those shower pics taken with flash vs. those without flash, the difference being the overall color.

I believe the shower door was open the whole time. See esp. the photo at 5:22:36, the torso pic where he is facing the wall.

Any version of the face picture at a decent resolution clearly shows water running down e door. There is no question the door is shut. It may have been open in some and closed in others, (Jodi going for effects).

I know it was open in the sitting pic, which is right about when she stabbed him. Then all hell broke loose

September 2006 – Travis Alexander met Jodi Arias at a conference in Las Vegas. At the time, Alexander was 30. Arias, then 28, was living in Palm Desert, Calif., November 26, 2006 –Arias baptized into the LDS Church
December 2007 – Alexander began dating another woman. He told friends Jodi was stalking him.
January 8, 2008 – Arias, according to prosecutors, sent this text to Alexander: "Ahhh!! I fell asleep! But to answer your question, yes I want to grind you. And I want to be LOUD. And I want to give you a nice, warm 'mouth hug' too. :)"
January 18, 2008 – Arias, according to prosecutors, sent this text to Alexander: "My p---y is SO WET."
March 2008 – Arias and Alexander visited several states together, including Oklahoma and Texas.
May 10, 2008 - Arias posted the last entry to her online blog. It reads, in part: "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."
May 18, 2008 - Alexander posted the last entry, titled "Why I want to marry a Gold Digger," to his online blog.
June 2008 - During the first week of June 2008, Alexander told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account. He allegedly said that he told her to stay out of his life forever.
June 4, 2008 - Arias allegedly went to Alexander's home in Mesa, Ariz. And Murdered him

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ak0vUAK8UbSndFl4X1V3YkZXazU0X25pQndhNVVmbXc&output=html

Originally Posted by KarmicLaw
I've been Pre-occupied and unable to comment, but I am concerned over JM's cross on the gas can issue. We all know that Nurmi gave Jodi an out with his objection by implying there is no proof the third purchase was for gas. I'm sure a member has already speculated that she will say exactly that, and it was the reason that she didn't save the receipt. She wasn't going to write off snacks or whatever. I also don't understand where JM is going with it unless he has something up his sleeve because otherwise it further bolsters JA's lies of why she would travel with back up gas in gas cans. I just don't understand his point and hope he ties it all up.

I do not understand trying to tie premeditation to conception, all it really needs is a split second, makes for a much neater package to sell to a jury of 12.

That gas station sells ONLY gas during the hours she was there. Juan knows that, Nurmi knows that, and Arias knows that. I'm assuming he will prove that, possibly through a new witness, which he can only add when he does his rebuttal.
The THIRD gas can is important, not only because she lied about it several times, once straight TO the jurors during their questions - but also because that third can would have allowed her to make the trip there and back to her documented route without stopping for gas.
Catching her in a lie that is PROVEABLE with evidence, trashes her credibility.

Lol...and Juan began Thursday by asking her if she remembered taking the Oath! Then proceeds to prove she lied during the trial to this jury.

Even if we all agreed that she "accidentally" shot Travis and then went into a fog: Wouldn't everyone also agree that a reasonable person would not take "self defense" to the level of mutilating him? I think it speaks to how horrid and evil a person is at the core of their being to do something as heinous as this. No matter how angry or threatened I felt I was there is no way I could do that. Just saying.

I hope the jurors recognize that and sentence her accordingly.

Is it true from another post I read that they found a piece of duct tape in the shower, that she would have used to conceal the weapon somewhere on her person?

The only duct tape I've heard about was found in the laundry room.

eta: it was on his arm in one of the bedroom pics and also, the red mark that it left on his arm is visible in one of the shower photos, so maybe that's where the duct tape in the shower idea came from?

TA had been working out and I think some who know about these things speculated earlier that the duct tape on his arm was to protect the muscles and give something to strain against.

The bedding was found in the dryer so perhaps TA took it off in bed and it got gathered up with the sheet and fell out while loading the washer. Det. Flores testified that a dry load was found in the dryer and another load had finished the wash cycle.

Sorry. I don't like posting it either. But there really isn't a good alternative. "Lubricating gel" doesn't sound that great to me either lol

Water-soluble personal lubricant ----> :idea:

Jodi Arias, in describing why she didn't fill the gasoline cans all the way, explained that she didn't want to allow a highly flammable substance to contaminate her person and apparel.

Here in the nation's heartland, we dumb ol' hicks just say that we didn't wanna get any gas on us.

BOrangeBM

Lots of case related dates here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ak0vUAK8UbSndFl4X1V3YkZXazU0X25pQndhNVVmbXc&gid=0

Including: July 2007 Jodi moves to Mesa, AZ to be closer to Travis

We all know there was never any rope.

But the lying torture-murderess's modus operandi is always to fabricate tangential details, much like the magician bids you watch his diversionary hand -- because the 'sleight' is of his other one.

Yes, I agree no rope. Especially decorative rope. As I understand it some evidence was fragments of decorative trim or is that wrong?

Not buying that. I'm a dog lover. Just last week I still dogsat for a friend. The dog loves me and knows me. But still barks and barks and Parks when I come into the house.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

And I'm so proud of you for that mission of mercy - during the trial!!
I don't know if I could have as good a friend as you were - during the trial. lol
My life seems to be on hold until she gets the sentence she deserves.

I really hate these long recesses, as they serve to allow Jodi to think up more carp and work with her attorneys to make up convincing stories.

TRUE. But in this case, Juan has five long days to go over her answers to the juror questions. He will have lots of ammo when he gets his next chance at her, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PammieSueLaw