Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered about that as well. Because if she really did plan to kill travis as the primary goal of her trip, then staying at his house for hours while his roommates could be in and out seems problematic. But if someone was in her car, as a lookout, she could be comfortable knowing if anyone was coming or not. A companion could also help her move the body back to the shower, and share all that driving. I don't know what was found in the way of footprints, but maybe that's what jodi was trying to do by wiping the floor--erase tracks.

An unrelated fact that troubles me is if she was there all day, how did she know travis wouldn't call or text someone at some point saying "guess who's here?"

I don't know that she had an accomplice, but I agree with you about the amount of time she was there. I have a hard time with her story stating she had been there from 3-4am on 06/04. The one roomate in his statement to police said he spoke to Travis on the morning on the 4th. He said TA said he had only had 45 minutes of sleep and had a conference call later in the day. Not one mention of Jodi. This roommate is off work that day. He leaves shortly after speaking to TA to return his own rental car. Said he saw no strange cars. The other roommate had already left for work.

Every second she is in that house she's at risk to be discovered, I think she was watching the house to determine when TA was alone.

Is that something someone would have a record of? Going through the Hover Dam check point?

I'm not sure, but I would think if there was an issue with JA, upside down/missisng plate, blood somewhere, she would have been pulled over and would have gone through her car, but I would think Juan Martinez would have checked it out. I'm not even sure JA has said she went through Hoover Dam.

I am listening to some old testimony and the name Ashley and Dustin Thompson was brought up. And I have seen that the Jodi adorers have some conspiracy theory regarding them. Does anyone know what this is about?
As I recall they were going through a nasty break-up, and Ashley made a phone call to suggest her husband was possibly a suspect.

I can't think. Emu is in the house. Dancing!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

JusticeJunkie, did Jodi have a voicemail to or from either of them the night that Travis was killed? B/c that is what this testimony is implying.

I don't know that she had an accomplice, but I agree with you about the amount of time she was there. I have a hard time with her story stating she had been there from 3-4am on 06/04. The one roomate in his statement to police said he spoke to Travis on the morning on the 4th. He said TA said he had only had 45 minutes of sleep and had a conference call later in the day. Not one mention of Jodi. This roommate is off work that day. He leaves shortly after speaking to TA to return his own rental car. Said he saw no strange cars. The other roommate had already left for work.

Every second she is in that house she's at risk to be discovered, I think she was watching the house to determine when TA was alone.

I seriously doubt she was with Travis all those hours also. She may have arrived in Mesa or in his neighborhood before sunlight, however, the sex photos weren't until after 1:00pm and left after murdering Travis, perhaps around 6:00pm.

MOO

It was on her wamu statement

$233.97

View attachment 30587

So if it was on her woman statement, is that a credit card, debit card, or what!? again, if it was a debit card, they would want to find a mediately upon the rental. with a debit card, they take out the funds immediately. therefore, the reason that she had to transfer 400 dollars? this to me now it's looking like a debit card was used? but then that makes me wonder how she did the airlines charge if all of this was on a debit card. Mm? Where did the funds come from?

I am just not clear if this is a bank statement, a credit card statement, or debit card statement?

JusticeJunkie, did Jodi have a voicemail to or from either of them the night that Travis was killed? B/c that is what this testimony is implying.
I was remembering Ashley calling the police, but if you're listening to the tape, you probably know better than me. What's it say?? My memory is going the way of certain warn out body parts - overused.

There wqas an article in today's paper about JA. It was written by a local reporter here in Redding. Can I post the link here? It's quite interesting.

Sunscreen WITH....bronzer! Perfect thinking for someone going on a tropical vacation and who doesn't want to look like an albino tourist.

I would like to know if she ever obtained or sent away for a passport in 2008.
You do need one to visit Cancun, right?

I traveled to Mexico many times before the new rules went into effect and never had a passport - just a BC. I think the rules were changed right around the time of the link you quoted or maybe a little after. I know because I drove to Mexico just as the rules were changing and was concerned about having a passport, which you supposedly need now even to cross at the border in a vehicle. But it turned out I was fine with just my dl.

Was MM with JA when she went to visit DB in June of 2008? Why does JM bring that up during his questioning of DB??

It was on her wamu statement

$233.97

View attachment 30587

Okay, I have come to the conclusion that this must be a debit card statement. The reason being is the ones after that or gas purchases. What should go and rather quickly. But when I rent a car, the charges not done is it not until after I turn it in? there for that 400 dollars was to cover her debit card?

Maybe you're right and she waited in her rental car until the roommate left (at I believe was said, 6:30AM) then she entered the home!?!

Can you IMAGINE if Travis was at gun point the WHOLE entire time? or at minimum, under threat? Even in the naked photos of Jodi, we never do see her hands so she COULD'VE been holding the gun.

Either way, this poor innocent man did NOT deserve to have his life end like this. Psycho-wench!!

Graphic:
http://youtu.be/kdhYXVlvzsY?t=1h24m55s

For thise of us living on the east coast what time will the trial start on wednesday?

All that was said was "do you even have a passport", and she said yes. Nurmi QUICKLY changed the subject

A passport has to be renewed every 10 years. If she has one now it would be interesting to know when that happened. Could be the reason Nurmi brushed by it so quickly!

Lurking, new to this case.
Just reminds me of this:

Carolyn Warmus (born January 8, 1964) is serving a 25-year-to-life sentence for the murder of her lover's wife. The murder case attracted national attention and led to comparisons with the movie Fatal Attraction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_Warmus

:seeya:

Okay, I have come to the conclusion that this must be a debit card statement. The reason being is the ones after that or gas purchases. What should go and rather quickly. But when I rent a car, the charges not done is it not until after I turn it in? there for that 400 dollars was to cover her debit card?

I see a debit/charge from Benicia....that is a distance from from I-5. Wish we could see the dates. Benicia is in the Bay Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500