Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really so hard to understand why these young women throw away the rest of their lives to kill some ex. Wrong thinking before they even started dating that person, IMO.

Someone posted this other case that recently happened in San Diego. Thank You whoever posted it. This woman, Vegas, was a stalker who couldn't get over her ex either.

"they heard seven to 10 gunshots coming from one unit."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Imperial-Beach--174489281.html#ixzz2NC1blfYz

Did anyone read her mother's comment in that article? She said (roughly, not direct quote) that her daughter wouldn't hurt anyone unless pushed to the utmost. Will this be another 'trash the victim' case? :(

I was wondering if someone could please help me out-I am looking to watch Juan's opening statement,does anyone know where I can find it or have a link.I have searched everywhere,I already looked on Coakerqueen's utube account but can't find it.
I would be most grateful..Thank you

I'm going to go ahead and say this again. I believe that juries are 12 people who decide which side has the best attorney. THERE.ARE.EXCEPTIONS.TO.THE.RULE!

I am one of the folks who opined that JM was alienating the jury with his "pit bull" style. But then I had to remember that I am also characterized as a "bull dog". Meh, I think a pit bull is worse, IMHO....however, if I was a juror, I would become accustomed to his style. It's not as if JM only treats JA in this manner. He treats all witnesses in this manner. It's who he is! He is a passionate advocate who is intrinsically disgusted by the criminals who are so heinous that he feels, and dare I say, knows, it is his calling to "Be Just, and Fear Not". I no longer cringe at his demeanor because I know the monster he is up against.

I have made no secret that I am not a DP kinda gal, but something one of the WS'er said resonated with me. They said they wouldn't hesitate to put a rabid animal down. I only question my courage of conviction in this case because of my empathy with the family of TA and that a clear signal should be sent to JA due to her inability to even say "I'm sorry". But make no mistake...I would never wish for the DP in a case for myself, because I learned from so many of my friends that it won't bring the peace that is so needed for the family of the victim. But in this case, I will honor the family of TA above myself. I hold them in my thoughts every moment of every day, because even I have to confront my own feelings of wanting to "extinguish" JA from this planet. Why is life so hard for good people?

BBM: It hasn't so far. His demeanor is fine. It's obvious by the jury questions. You have been questioning him from the start. I, for the life of me, can't understand your negativity towards Mr. Martinez. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

This case was investigated and is being prosecuted by the very best. This case wasn't handed to Mr. Martinez, signed, sealed and delivered. Funny how people knocked the investigation, believed the abuse etc.., and now it's a prosector's DREAM case. LOL. This case began with a great investigative team, amazing forensic team, and will end with the talented prosecutor doing what he does best, getting justice for victims of crimes. Juan is bringing it home for Travis!

I TOTALLY agree with you. And ... I have not had one (little) bit of trouble following Juan. I understand his strategy perfectly. We all know he is going to come back to these little cliff hangers that he`s leaving. He will tie it all up in a BIG, BEAUTIFUL bow and send her on her way to death row.

I have a question. I`ve tried to Google this, but ... if anyone knows ... what is the difference as far as prison treatment, between Death Penalty Sentence and Life Without Parole. Is it more a matter of being in solitary confinement on Death Row and being able to socialize among the prisoners when it`s Life Without Parole ... :behindbar

How could they not be on his side. He's got a tape of her lying her *advertiser censored** off to Flores and ANOTHER tape of her lying her *advertiser censored** off on national television and PICTURES of her at the scene dragging the freaking dead body. This case is a prosecutor's w** dream. My only hope continues to be that his demeanor doesn't screw it up.

I honestly believe the jurors are living vicariously through Juan. Their questions show me they enjoy watching her grilled and enjoy grilling her themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that Juan's case is a slam dunk for lwop at least, and that his demeanor might compromise that. Love him if you (general you) must :)

I agree with. You. 100% angel i think jm is rocking
I admire him so much
She will go to death row
Love your post

Does anyone have a link to the Inside Edition interview? I've never seen it and can only find clips. Thanks!

Does anyone have a link to the Inside Edition interview? I've never seen it and can only find clips. Thanks!

I hope you get a link, because I have never seen the whole episode either. I can't find it with my limited iPad 1. I've seen EVERYTHING else, except that!

DB also said he didn't know if his ex got a boob job - sorry - not buying it - he saw her all the time to exchange custody of their son. Arias gets hers right after that?? Hmmmm - funny timing.
He didn't remember anything about the 48 HR dinner he had until Juan reminded him - yet he had to have been conversing with Arias from jail to even GET those instructions.
He didn't remember the things he said during his interview to the detectives - hmm.
Sorry, I know he seemed mild and meek, but I just have a gut feeling there's LOTS more he knows that he's not inclined to share.

I wasn't aware of this. If true, that just means that DB is even a bigger sucker than I thought he was. All I can say, all my sympathies are extended to this poor man. I really do feel for him. :(

How could they not be on his side. He's got a tape of her lying her *advertiser censored** off to Flores and ANOTHER tape of her lying her *advertiser censored** off on national television and PICTURES of her at the scene dragging the freaking dead body. This case is a prosecutor's w** dream. My only hope continues to be that his demeanor doesn't screw it up.

I know I'm repeating myself, but here goes:

I know the photo with the baseboard in it is supposed to be his body being dragged down the hall, but it is very BLUE, so try as I might, I cannot get past the image being a body in a sheet. They never found any blue sheets though, so don't know. If anyone here is handy with "paintbrush" and can edit it to give some of us a clue, I'd be forever grateful.

I mentioned this last night but didn't get any response....what kind of knives where found in "escape" car along with the 9mm, books and misc stuff. Were they kitchen knifes or hunting knives.....where did she get them? Who helped her pick out the 9mm gun?

Why would she need help picking out the 9mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know that juror question about whether JM made Jodi shake during testimony? I think it was a trick question because the juror has never seen her physically shaking to see if she would play the sympathy card and say he did upset her. (shake like a Chihuahua) Sorry all you Chihuahuas out there!

Jodi is the new poster child for Abreva. http://www.abreva.com/

Does anyone else think it is odd that she wrote the letters to her grandma and not to her mom and dad. I can't figure out why. Can anyone else?:banghead:

I thought she said she wrote one to all her family members, but left them with grandma not to open the envelope until Nov ? 2010....

Watching this video at 38:30 JM asks the witness about exhibit (picture of the light in the shower taken at 5:31:14)if the "bar" in the picture could be the shower door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhYXVlvzsY&feature=youtu.be

http://s922.beta.photobucket.com/us.../shower_travis_murder_pics_xtralarge.jpg.html

In the picture taken of TA's face we know the shower door is open (5:29:20)
Next picture is of his lower body (5:30:30)
Next is shower light 5:31:14

First time I watched this testimony, trying to figure out what happened that the shower door would be closing, or it might be open can't tell.

I'm going to go ahead and say this again. I believe that juries are 12 people who decide which side has the best attorney. THERE.ARE.EXCEPTIONS.TO.THE.RULE!

I am one of the folks who opined that JM was alienating the jury with his "pit bull" style. But then I had to remember that I am also characterized as a "bull dog". Meh, I think a pit bull is worse, IMHO....however, if I was a juror, I would become accustomed to his style. It's not as if JM only treats JA in this manner. He treats all witnesses in this manner. It's who he is! He is a passionate advocate who is intrinsically disgusted by the criminals who are so heinous that he feels, and dare I say, knows, it is his calling to "Be Just, and Fear Not". I no longer cringe at his demeanor because I know the monster he is up against.

I have made no secret that I am not a DP kinda gal, but something one of the WS'er said resonated with me. They said they wouldn't hesitate to put a rabid animal down. I only question my courage of conviction in this case because of my empathy with the family of TA and that a clear signal should be sent to JA due to her inability to even say "I'm sorry". But make no mistake...I would never wish for the DP in a case for myself, because I learned from so many of my friends that it won't bring the peace that is so needed for the family of the victim. But in this case, I will honor the family of TA above myself. I hold them in my thoughts every moment of every day, because even I have to confront my own feelings of wanting to "extinguish" JA from this planet. Why is life so hard for good people?

My experience as a juror in death penalty case was that myself and other jurors did not show favoritism to either defense or prosecuting attorneys.

Hi My WS Friends!

Forgive me, I am still on the other weekend thread. But.....I did something I should not have done! I looked at the photo of JA's private area....

EWWWW!!!

Can I bleach my eyes out now? Is my computer infected lol?

Sorry, but that is just nasty....Who poses for those types of photos?

I am 48 also! Lots of 48yo on the boards......

:waitasec:

I'm a little older than you, but have 'been around', a little, LOL. And, yes, all I can say is that this is one scuzzy, nasty woman. I have no questions why Travis didn't want anything to do with her concerning anything long term. She is by far, not the kind of girl one wants to take home to mama. Sadly, he allowed himself to be involved with her at all.

OMG. Just imagine, just the involvement with the life of One. Wrong. Person. And that wrong person ends your life.

Unthinkable. Unimaginable. Yet, it happened. It is so beyond terribly, terribly sad, no words can even begin to describe. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Watching this video at 38:30 JM asks the witness about exhibit (picture of the light in the shower taken at 5:31:14)if the "bar" in the picture could be the shower door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhYXVlvzsY&feature=youtu.be

http://s922.beta.photobucket.com/us.../shower_travis_murder_pics_xtralarge.jpg.html

In the picture taken of TA's face we know the shower door is open (5:29:20)
Next picture is of his lower body (5:30:30)
Next is shower light 5:31:14

First time I watched this testimony, trying to figure out what happened that the shower door would be closing, or it might be open can't tell.

I wonder if Travis always shut the shower door when he was showering? Bathrooms get pretty steamy especially on the second floor in a climate in the 100+ degrees even with the air on. Is it possible he had the habit of leaving the glass door open while he showered? Jodi would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname