Is BG a Serial Killer?

Is BG a Serial Killer?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted unsure but I wouldn't be surprised if he was already a serial killer.

Given the description of how the bodies were found, I don't imagine him to be as smart and cunning as someone like the Long Island serial killer or Robert Cooper (pseudonym of Albert Kite's murderer), who evidently know about how investigations work and take steps to throw off investigators and destroy clues. I imagine BG leaving plenty of evidence and lacking said skills.
If BG is in fact a SK, do you think he has murdered anyone after the murders of A&L?

If BG is in fact a SK, do you think he has murdered anyone after the murders of A&L?
I wouldn't be too surprised. The police haven't released much info on the state of A+L when the two were found deceased, but if it's something abnormally cruel and messed up, it's probably neither Bridge Guy's first nor last time committing a murder.

I voted unsure. I believe that he fits the profile of a serial killer and that his motive is the same, but these murders could have been his first, which would mean that he did not yet meet the criteria for being a serial killer at the time the murders were committed.

I think that seeing the video of himself captured by Libby scared him straight temporarily, and I don't know whether he has started killing again. If he's one of the people who has been interviewed by law enforcement, then I think that he has probably remained dormant. Serial killers can control themselves, in my opinion, and are likely to stop killing after being interviewed by police. Once they know that law enforcement is looking at them, the risk outweighs the reward because they have a strong sense of self preservation.

If he has managed to fly completely under the radar, then he very well may have killed again, but if he has done so, I think that he has made a point of changing his M.O. in order to avoid capture.

Agree with @Ozoner and @Peppery. Although he seems to generally fit the type for serial killers, I don't think he's killed before or since. I just don't think the world is as vulnerable to serial killers as it used to be and I do think killers and would-be killers are aware of it. The compulsive type of murderers become spree killers when the urge overcomes them while the cold calculating type might never even once in their whole lives get a perfect opportunity.

An arrest just happened. We'll wait and see.

I said no because it's statistically unlikely. It's usually not a serial killer.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's done other things that simply have never been taken to police for the reasons they usually aren't (eg SA)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back