Is inventing an imaginanny evidence of premeditation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Zani was invented as someone to blame for Caylee's death. I am not even sure KC was going to ever say Caylee was kidnapped. I think there is a great possibility KC was just going to avoid ever seeing her family. Her friends were no problem. They weren't paying attention to KC's mothering skills. Somewhere in the back of KC's brain I think she was hoping a miracle would make the problem of her mother go away if she kept stalling. Maybe Tony would propose and they'd start a new life together in NY? Maybe Mark H. would decide he was so desperate to see her, he'd send her the necessary airfare & she'd fall in love with him? Maybe the chemistry between her and William W. would ignite and he'd wisk her away with him somewhere out of Cindy's sight? So many possibilities...

I used to think KC was planning to blame Zani in advance. But, after reading LE interviews and the document releases, I changed my mind I changed my mind. There is no evidence of it before or after June 16.

I think Zani was invented by KC to explain what KC did with Caylee when KC "worked". KC couldn't tell her mother she was bringing Caylee over to Ricardo's house and letting Caylee share the bed. On nights Cindy was unable to babysit, if Cindy knew KC was taking Caylee along to parties, Cindy might make KC stay HOME. KC didn't want to have to stay home.

Zani had already been invented and couldn't be contacted and cross-examined by Cindy, so KC pulled her out of her hat when cornered.

IMO

100% totally agree. Zanny was already KC's blind. She used this pretend person whenever she had situations she needed to explain away.

I also believe that Zanny was something of an alter ego for Casey herself. Zanny lived an idealized version of the life Casey actually had. Zanny was prettier, richer, and only cared for babies because she loved them so much and had all the free time in the world - not because she was a teen mother saddled with a child that she felt ambivalent about.

I think the idea of Zenaida had been brewing in Casey's mind for a long time. She heard the name of that Zenaida who she was at school with and latched onto it mentally as being cool sounding, exotic, mysterious - all things that Casey was not but desperately wished to be. (I'd like to know more about the Zenaida at high school. Was she popular, pretty, rich & surrounded by boys? I think that there may be more to the reason Casey latched on to that particular name.)

Zanny as the nanny was born when the Grunds put Casey on the spot "suddenly" about the way she was abusing their kindness and williness to watch Caylee. Casey always has a ready answer for anything. Like most sociopaths she is very glib and very surface level charming. She probably learned to fill in the deep dark silences in her head with fantasy (private) and chatter (public). Sometimes the two bled into each other.

I think Casey got a jolt when she saw the real ZG at Sawgrass (or at least saw the application). Pefect. Now she serendiptiously had "facts" that she could add to her story. She couldn't describe the Zenadia from high school - that would be too obvious and probably she didn't know as much as she needed to about her to fake it. I think Casey probably felt like the ZG showing up at Sawgrass at just that time was a huge sign from the fates/the gods/the universe that she was right. She was justified. Like many sociopaths Casey relied on the trusting nature of others and providential good luck to get her by. This was one massive stroke of good luck in her mind.

I don't think she "planned" to blame Zanny in the sense of having a hard and fast story all worked out ahead of time. I think she simply stowed away all this info in her "in case of emergency break glass" file. And then when she was given the cue from Cindy, changing her "What have you done?" immediately (because she didn't really want to know, just like always) to "Who took her?". Well, Casey had the separate threads, but Cindy drew them together with that cue and the Zanny took the baby story was born.

Well, Susan Smith blamed a black guy fro the abduction/deaths of her kids. That guy in NY who killed his pregnant wife also blamed a black guy.

Did Diane Downs accuse a black guy? I don't remember.

I think Diane Downs went for the "shaggy haired stranger".

I don't think whatever permutation of Zanny KC came up with before Caylee's death was necessarily intended to be a scapegoat for the baby's murder/accident, but after using the "imaginanny" to describe to her friends that she apparently had a tony, successful "event planner" job that would require some kind of professional surrogate "mommy" - it was the easiest "out" she could come up with when things hit the fan - or at least after Caylee died.

Many have argued there is reason to believe that Zenaida Gonzales was not simply a name made up on the spot. If the whole ZG22 theory ID pans out (and there is certainly a lot of good analysis that would point to that possibility), that would certainly point to the fact that KC was certainly well practiced in the "premeditation" efforts required to form and use an alias. There are some odd other coincidences that happened regarding the name Zenaida Gonzales that KC could have certainly used to either use to distract or confuse others. One of them of course was the ZG at UCF that had her computer stolen (with all her personal info) the same week the jogger was mugged and killed in JBP (less than a few days before Caylee's own "disappearance"). Another disturbing coincidence was the fact that the ZG who is appears to be the plaintiff in the Morgan case had connections to the tattoo parlor which Casey frequented.

If KC had been using her own ZG22 ID to do things "under the radar", and her own daughter dies, it would make sense to abandon the false ID and see if a "real" Zenaida could be substituted to confuse the case.

I personally think she had other plans for ZG22 initially - ones that may have involved disappearing for awhile and living under an alias while some unfortunate "household weapon" accident occurred and she could inherit her parents house - but something went awry and Caylee was eliminated first - perhaps intentionally, perhaps accidentally.

She may have initially used the term "Zanny the Nanny" as a joke to refer to who really took care of Caylee most of the time - her own mother. I don't know about you, but if I had been CA living with something close to a deadbeat dad and a lazy, spoiled daughter, and the only apparent breadwinner for a family of four, I'd have been medicated.

Maybe she already had her ZG22 identity, so when she told RG that she had found a nanny named Zenaida Gonzales, it was another little mind-game she was playing - as she would be returning home and taking care of Caylee herself until she could convince her parents that the Grunds were just so awful to live with that she HAD to return home. I'm sure both families were told very vivid stories about the others to make sure neither of them ever felt like comparing notes in a friendly way.

Perhaps when she told her friends "Zanny" was late or as a reason for not going somewhere, it was easier for her to say that her "employee" was late rather than the fact that her mother (the real "nanny") was unavailable.

I think the second series of events that will make the jury consider premeditation a reasonable likelihood (even in the absence of actual other evidence) - is the fact that she was constantly stealing. The check-kiting, fake deposit slips, stealing cash out of the house, credit cards, grandparent retirement accounts - all of these acts require careful planning and cover-up - and meet all the requirements of premeditated acts (even if they originated from some other impulse like her pathological lying did).

I don't think we may necessarily be able to prove a "premeditated" use of Zanny as in invention created specifically to cover an equally premeditated murder. I think if ZG was an alias for KC, she was created for a different purpose. But she certainly came in handy when KC needed a scapegoat, even if she had intended on using this alias for a different purpose at a later date.

We may never be able to pry the actual truth of this situation from the evidence that is finally accepted in trial. The jury may not be able to decide from this evidence if Caylee's murder was premeditated (although the time it took to place three or four strips of duct tape on a child's face, covering both mouth and nose certainly is within the accepted parameters of premeditation - even if it was born of impulse initially, the killer certainly had time to reflect on their actions and reverse them.

However, all of KC's other behavior, if she created a previous alter ego, looked for other "ZG"s to be potential suspects, the continuous lying and stealing all point to a predilection for the kind of thinking and behavior that "premeditation" requires - and her elaborate cover-ups she created to avoid responsibility for things she clearly knew were crimes also point to a jury not buying into any kind of insanity defense.

So, even the prosecution cannot prove actual premeditation of the murder or that ZFG was created solely for the purpose of hiding Caylee's death (and I think KC originally invented her for other purposes but she morphed into the "nanny" when it became necessary") - I still think KC's irrefutable engagement in "premeditated" type behavior during this and her other crimes (whether charges were ever made or whether her actual check fraud/forgery trial occurs before her murder trial) will make that irrelevant to the jury. She's done, toasted. Most of her behavior comes across as premeditated - even if it's not well thought out or thought through.

cecybeans,

Ya did it again. Excellent write up and spot on. :clap::clap::clap:

The Thanks button just wasn't enough thanks for that post.

By the way, I am really, really interested in finding out about the ZFG22. More dumps are warranted and soon.

There are so many weird connections to this Zanny! You all have insightful opinions. IMO, Casey could not have tied this all in to form some kind of master plan. Zanny probably was born on the spot with RG. She usually just flies by the seat of her pants. It was perfect that she already had the Zanny story going, and then it just worked out that she needed that plot from the One Tree Hill episode to explain Caylee disappearing. But how could it be that Caylee's body was later found behind the houses of a Zenaida and a Gonzales? Am I underestimating how diabolical she is? This is too much Zanny to figure out!:doh:

I agree that Zanny is not evidence of premeditation,but KC did get the info on a specific ZFG at Sawgrass and a description of a car with NY tags. She must have been working on a plan when she took all that into consideration.
Yet it was a half baked plan when she finally spilled.
I completely agree with the rest of your post.

BBM-This is the part that I actually think could implode with the jury, that if they don't get this question answered, how KC knew about ZG at Sawgrass, maybe they will start questioning other things that LE say KC lied about.

As this relates to the thread topic, a jury has to weigh these two odd scenarios:

-KC premiditated when she stalked Zanny or worked with someone at Sawgrass to get her info, or;
-KC got involved in a bad crowd including Zanny and may not have premeditated murder

I hope the jury goes with premeditation, and the "stalking" scenario (or however she found ZG at Sawgrass) is explained by the state.

"She may have initially used the term "Zanny the Nanny" as a joke to refer to who really took care of Caylee most of the time - her own mother. I don't know about you, but if I had been CA living with something close to a deadbeat dad and a lazy, spoiled daughter, and the only apparent breadwinner for a family of four, I'd have been medicated."-cecybeans

Hope this partial quote is respectful cecybeans.

It appears to me, with all I've learned thus far, that a straight forward (straightfaced!) story of A ZG first appeared way back in early 2006. As told to Rev. Gund by Casey when put on the spot. Therefore, one could conclude that KC didn't make up A ZFG when put on the spot by LE on 7/15/08. Zenida had already been "born" 2 years earlier. But WHO belived in her existence? Surely not GA and CA. Otherwise, there would have been at least one time in two years, that KC would have had to call upon her parents to pick up her child. And if we are to believe GA and CA are SO controlling, then surely they would have met/spoke with the sitter/nanny at least once in nearly 2 years..... DUH!

I truely believe that KC IS properly charged with pre-meditated murder. Not because she was thinking about it since Caylee was an infant (and the birth of Nanny Zanny), but because to be charged with this, it only requires a second of forethought.

I agree with most that Zani the Nanny was a made up person that was the lie she told people to believe when she conveniently needed a "responsible" answer to the "where's Caylee question. I don't think that Zani was ever more than that UNTIL Caylee took her last dying breathe which moved Zani to a very real person she could blame.

Zani, is the extention of everything BAD and UGLY in Casey. It was so big that she could actually form a person out of it and put the blame on this mystery person that we will NEVER find. This allowed her "good" self to go party without a care or any feeling of guilt or remorse. Zani did it. In no way was this ever a split personality thing but just a way for her to house her guilt. If you can call this formulation of a lie planned, I would consider it premeditation. The good part in her could have taken responsibility for Caylee's demise or at least stopped short but never did so so this is why we ALL sit here knowing she did the deed and she is where she belongs.
I agree. Zani was her "convenient babysitter/nanny" whenever anyone would ask where Caylee was. Then Zani became a real person when she killed Caylee and she blamed Zani for Caylee missing. I think she premeditated Caylee's death though months before Caylee died. Whether or not she intended to blame Zani at the time, I don't know. She probably didn't think that far ahead...she probably never thought she would be implicated in her disappearance.. being that she was the "perfect mother" by all accounts from everyone. I assume she figured that LE would search for Caylee and never find her and then eventually stop seaching for her and then eventuall the search (and story) would die down and she could just go on living her life as a carefree single person. JMO... (what's done in the darkness always comes to light)

I'm wondering what her defense in court will be. Should be interesting...

Ok...but the question remains...without corroboration from Casey that Zanny was a fictional character, who is to say that it WASN'T part of an ellaborate plan to "eliminate" Caylee from Casey's life?

Nobody, honey. But, surmise isn't proof.

Zanny appears to pre-date Caylee's murder by a long period of time.

BBM-This is the part that I actually think could implode with the jury, that if they don't get this question answered, how KC knew about ZG at Sawgrass, maybe they will start questioning other things that LE say KC lied about.

As this relates to the thread topic, a jury has to weigh these two odd scenarios:

-KC premiditated when she stalked Zanny or worked with someone at Sawgrass to get her info, or;
-KC got involved in a bad crowd including Zanny and may not have premeditated murder

I hope the jury goes with premeditation, and the "stalking" scenario (or however she found ZG at Sawgrass) is explained by the state.

..and the non-existence of Zanny scratches out option two. :blowkiss:

100% totally agree. Zanny was already KC's blind. She used this pretend person whenever she had situations she needed to explain away.

I also believe that Zanny was something of an alter ego for Casey herself. Zanny lived an idealized version of the life Casey actually had. Zanny was prettier, richer, and only cared for babies because she loved them so much and had all the free time in the world - not because she was a teen mother saddled with a child that she felt ambivalent about.

This is an amazing summation of the situation. I think you have really nailed the situation.

If Zanny (Zani, Zanni, Zannie) is an alter-ego for KC, that was developed prior to Caylee's death, and it appears that is true, then KC saying that the Zanny last had Caylee (and therefore killed Caylee) is tantamount to an admission by KC that KC killed Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500