Is Joseph Paul Franklin the Zodiac Killer?

60thfever

Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread on Joseph Paul Franklin as there are many clues and evidence pointing to Joseph Paul Franklin as the Zodiac Killer.

There is a lot to get to, so please comment away.

I will start by saying that for starters the name ciphers Z13 and Z18 seem to fit very well his birth name and new identity Joseph Paul Franklin.

I'll start by saying that the Zodiac symbol is also used by neo nazis and white supremacists. Franklin killed for political reasons and I believe that the Zodiac was also trying to kill for political reasons.
I believe this because he is also very closely associated with William Pierce who wrote a book "Hunter" in his honor in the 1980's.

Why would a racist serial killer kill young white teens?

William Pierce was heavily involved with the National Youth Alliance which advocated against the rising communist sentiment of college students in America. Communists were seen as the mortal enemy of white supremacists and Nazis so I have read some National Youth Alliance material which is incredibly hard to get these days but it rants about students and advocates violence against them complete with bomb diagrams and how to cause a lot of damage and inciting violence. That is based on what little I have read about the National Youth Alliance. I believe they even have drawings and diagrams on how to construct bombs and other such things.

I can't place Franklin exactly in California at that time, however, no one knows exactly where he was at during this time.

According to Wikipedia he was a "drifter" during this time.

I know he may seem quite young but by his own admission he confessed to thinking about killing people around the age of 17, this is according to an interview he gave.

Joseph Paul Franklin was known to be very much interested in numbers and believed in reincarnation. He did believe himself to be (at one point) the reincarnation of both Josephs of the Bible. Joseph in the Book of Genesis whose brothers dumped him and left him for dead as well as the Joseph of the New Testament.

Significant Dates From The Zodiac Killer

April 20 = My Name is Letter = Hitlers Birthday

October 13 = Publication Date of Mein Kampf = Letter sent with Paul Stines shirt

November 8 and 9 = Beer Hall Putsch

Franklin was an Ares = You see the upside down Zodiac sign for Ares on most if not all of his codes.

Hitler was a Taurus = This Zodiac sign has been suspected of being inside the circle in the Z13

July 4th 1969 = I believe he chose this because of the patriotic date it was, of course July 4th. Franklin believed that America was founded as a white nation and combatting communists was a patriotic duty.

Let me throw out a creative way of looking at the cipher. If you fold it in half the numbers still look like they indicate a Nazi connection.

So M would be on top of A and A would be on top of E.

MAEN (Zodiac Symbol)

N= 14

The three symbols become two 8's

14 is also the numeric symbol for Adolf Hitler AD = 14

88 of course is Heil Hitler

So, N88 becomes 1488 or rather a symbolic Nazi Number.

The upside down "T" is a sign for Ares which Joseph Paul Franklin is an Ares

Some have speculated the sign for Taurus is the 8 inside the circle. Hitler was born a Taurus.

The M and K switch if you fold it in half. So it becomes MK = Mein Kampf

Wow
Great logic and transposition of layered information
You may well be on the right track
And even if you aren’t, it’s still bloomin excellent work and investigative and analytical skills
I think that you are onto something
What do we know about him?
There’s mention of his ‘new name’ - what do you mean by that? I quote “ Fits his Birth name and new identity “????
Have you shared this with LE? FBI?
You must share it once you have secured more pivotal evidence which you can back up and provenance
Well done you- fantastic!

Oh girrrrrrl, I love this kinda stuff. You know I do. So cool. Thank you. Gonna take a minute to get up to speed. Wait. What? Wait. Who gave us this gift? @60thfever Gracias. I shall return… where’s the coffee and donuts? @whatsnext

Oh girrrrrrl, I love this kinda stuff. You know I do. So cool. Thank you. Gonna take a minute to get up to speed. Wait. What? Wait. Who gave us this gift? @60thfever Gracias. I shall return… where’s the coffee and donuts? @whatsnext
I know you do
You are fab at searching out information and details and this is sounding like something to work with at first glance, isn’t it? #exciting

Joseph Paul Franklin was known to be very much interested in numbers and believed in reincarnation. He did believe himself to be (at one point) the reincarnation of both Josephs of the Bible. Joseph in the Book of Genesis whose brothers dumped him and left him for dead as well as the Joseph of the New Testament.
I love numerology and believe in reincarnation. Ok, that’s my secret so don’t tell lol anyways, I do and I have my reasons but it has little to do with the Bible…
I have lots to do today. Gonna get after it so I can dive into this possible rabbit hole but it’s worth a risk.

Serial Killers, Part 4: White Supremacist Joseph Franklin | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Serial Killers, Part 8: New Research Aims to Help Investigators Solve Serial Murder Cases | Federal Bureau of Investigation

FBI Profiler John Douglas on the Racist Rampage of Joseph Paul Franklin

White supremacist serial killer, convicted in Missouri, is subject of former FBI agent's book

Last edited:
The Zodiac said at one point that my name is "FK".

The Zodiac placed many "Franklin Roosevelt" stamps and I got to researching Roosevelt and any reason why Franklin would have chose his stamps other than the name Franklin.

Roosevelt was anti semitic and helped to block the immigration of Jews fleeing Europe. If Franklin knew this no wonder he was a big fan of Franklin Roosevelt.

Uncommon theory. Zodiac is also the Freeway Phantom. The Freeway Phantom was terrorizing the DC area by killing children in the early 70's. What is interesting about this is that the first victim happened about one month after Donna Lass. A note was found on one of the bodies of the children with the phrase "catch me if you can". Sounds like Zodiac to me, and on top of that Franklin moved to the area I think around the time.

Also, keep in mind that he would have been within driving distance to commit murders in the New York.

I think and am writing off the top of my head I think brown hair was found on one of the bodies.
Franklin admitted to later disguising himself to go into black neighborhoods to kill, but I can't recall specifically who he killed in this way so who was killed when he was disguised?

Zodiac threatened multiple times to kill children

Freeway Phantom writes notes.

Zodiac then writes later he killed 37 people, but I believe those people are spread across the US with some of them actually being the children he always claimed he would kill.

He later writes in calling himself the "Red Phantom", and this is well after the name Freeway Phantom was coined in the DC area. In reference to the exorcist, I think he may have been referencing the fact that it was filmed in the DC area.

I personally think that the Zodiac and Freeway Phantom are one and the same but wanted to ask what you all thought about the circumstantial evidence.
Zodiac threatened to kill kids
Freeway Phantom killed kids and wrote a note on one of the bodies for police to find.
The first child was killed one month after Donna Lass so the timeframe from what I gather would match.
This would place the Zodiac within driving distance of New York and would mean that the 37 victims he claimed would be more than likely scattered across the USA.
He then later calls himself the Red Phantom, I think in reference to his time as the Freeway Phantom.
This would place the Zodiac in the DC area and to add to it the Exorcist was filmed in the DC area if I am not mistaken.
The headquarters of the Nazi party at the time was on Franklin road for those of you who don't believe that Joseph Paul Franklin was the Zodiac, I hate to admit it, but I have considered that even if he wasn't, this is interesting and can still explain the Nazi connection.
I think on one of the kids, and contrary to reports it was a black man, there was brown hair/reddish hair one one of the bodies. Same hair color as described by some eyewitnesses of the Zodiac (yes I know there is discrepancy in eyewitness reports, no need to say, but you can't say that, we all know by now how unreliable eyewitness reports can be)
A word on the Franklin Roosevelt stamps: Roosevelt was anti semitic from what little I have read on the subject and remember he was the one who interred the Japanese during WW2, not sure if this thinking was in play but just wanted to toss that in there.

Franklin thought he was Jewish for a while. There is an interview in which he said he even followed the Jewish calendar.

Not out of the question for him to use Gemantria or Jewish Numerology .

I tried the Gemantria calculator and the word "Murdered" came out as 408 as in the Z408.
Could this be a basis for why he chose a 408 character message?

I can provide links if needed.

Try it yourself input the number 408 into the online Gemantria Calculator.

https://www.gematrix.org

Site is not working now, but last night was working for me, hopefully works for you all.

Franklin was an Aries in the Zodiac sign.

The color of Aries is red and I couldn't help but wonder if the Red Phantom Letter was in reference to him being an Aries???

From Wikipedia: Aries is the first fire sign in the zodiac, the other fire signs being Leo and Sagittarius. Individuals born between these dates, depending on which system of astrology they subscribe to, may be called Arians or Ariens.[4] The color for Aries is red. [5] In astrology, Aries is the cardinal sign of the fire trigon. It is one of the six positive signs.

Zodiac targeted young white teens. Understandably so, many people question why a racist killer would target young white teens but a reading of Mein Kampf you would easily see why someone could be twisted into believing that for society to be cleansed of both disease and moral corruption (according to Hitler caused by the Jews through young women) the source of that needs to be eliminated which in most cases it is immoral women who are the cause of so much of societies problems.
Jonathan Kay on sex and slaughter: How Breivik's STD-obsessed manifesto echoes Mein Kampf | National Post
Interestingly, the mass murderer in Norway Anders Breivik seemed to think along the same lines.
Here is an excerpt from the article:

Where does this obsession with murderous “sterilization” originate? A close reading of Mein Kampf and Breivik’s manifesto gives us a clue.
Like Breivik, Hitler was an extraordinary prude. Large parts of Mein Kampf are given over to declaiming the loose sexual morals he observed in Vienna — an evil he attributed to Jews. He called prostitution “a disgrace to humanity,” and sought its “final extermination.” It was his observation of the Jewish role in “white slave traffic,” he reports, that definitively set him on course to “investigating the Jewish problem.”
I immediately recalled these passages from Mein Kampfwhen I read Breivik’s manifesto, which contains very similar musings. On page 1170, be begins railing against “female *advertiser censored*” — whose promiscuous lifestyle, he says, is “glorified by the media through series such as Sex and the Cityand artists such as Madonna.” This is more or less a modern updating of Hitler’s admonition that: “The whole of our public life may be compared to a hot-house for the forced growth of sexual notions and excitements. A glance at the till-of-fare provided by our cinema, playhouses and theatres [encourages] adolescent yearnings.”

Not sure if I posted this before but in the days of the Zodiac the Headquarters for the American Nazi Party were located at 2507 N. Franklin road in Arlington, VA.

Notice that many of the stamps have Franklin on them.

He also used "Washington" stamps as well, could this be a clue that he was operating from the DC area?

THE ZODIAC POSTAGE

My solution to the name cipher the Z13.

Let me know what you think of this:

Got to playing around with the Z13.

Here we go:

As everyone knows I believe the Zodiac is Joseph Paul Franklin.

Born James Vaughn Jr = 13 characters

I am going to encrypt James Vaughn Jr into this code here.

Keyword: Adolf Hitler

A note before I begin. The symmetry is very important here. As you can see the code is symmetrical and the solution is as well I will explain.

If you don't know what the Z13 looks like look up: Z13 Zodiac Killer on Google Images.

Tabula Recta:

Tabula_recta

Tabula recta - Wikipedia

Taking James Vaughn Jr through this produces the following cipher text:

ADAPXCINRLEAU

Notice that the J's become A's.

The D is shifted + 1 = E

The C is shifted + 8 = K

We now have the number 18 = AH = Adolf Hitler on the left side.

Shift the N - 1 = M

Shift the U - 8 = M

We now have 18 and 18 on both sides to produce the following:

AEAPXKIMNAM

Notice the left side is missing an N

The NA on the right side is the key to the left side and vice versa:

In the final code the second A becomes an N. After looking at this for a bit I realized a symmetrical solution would be the two inside "A"s are the key to the other ones.

So for example in the ending NAM

N = A

Apply that to the left side and you get the AEN

In the AEN the key says E = N

So in the original cipher of: ADAPXCINRLEAU

the A and E become N's because they are each the key to the other side.

It is symmetrical with the partial key built into the cipher.

The Aries symbol is because James Vaughn Jr is born an Aries.

The triple 8's in the middle not sure, but the Zodiac symbol is in the place of where the only "E" appears in his name which is curious.

So here you have a path and my solution to the Z13.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back