Issues, with Jane Valez Mitchell, Thursday 12/18/08

This could be very bad for the prosecution. Isn't going to look good. I don't think he's a suspect, but it is fishy.

They're making a really big deal about this...and I admit, in this moment, it doesn't look good for the prosecution. They will have to clear this guy and his mother inside out and upside down, so the defense doesn''t chew on this over and over at trial. Right now it's impossible to know what happened, but between the August reports, Casey sleeping with the cop that was fired on the 22nd, the gray bag turning black, reports of the meter man being on duty Dec. 11th, this is bad, for someone...it's really, really bad.

This could be very bad for the prosecution. Isn't going to look good. I don't think he's a suspect, but it is fishy.

This is going to potentially destroy the prosecutions case.

REASONABLE DOUBT

How on earth is LE going to explain the fact that this meter reader called in 3 times & then goes there himself & finds the Body....??

the only bad is that they missed finding her in august...other than that, this is much ado about nothing.

the meterreader is a non issue or the biggest fool accomplice in history.

neither of which helps her

They're making a really big deal about this...and I admit, in this moment, it doesn't look good for the prosecution. They will have to clear this guy and his mother inside out and upside down, so the defense doesn''t chew on this over and over at trial. Right now it's impossible to know what happened, but between the August reports, Casey sleeping with the cop that was fired on the 22nd, the gray bag turning black, reports of the meter man being on duty Dec. 11th, this is bad, for someone...it's really, really bad.

Yes. I have been a big supported of LE in this, and although I think they made missteps, I don't think they were malicious and trying to "get" Casey. Casey got herself! But this guy could really cause a problem. I like how they said he might be an amateur sleuth! I hope that is the case. Otherwise expect the defense to connect him to Zanny the Nanny...

I'm still not sure I am seeing what the huge deal about this "revelation" is. he is a county worker, with a regular route, who knew the child was missing. I would be willing to bet that all county workers in that area were briefed to keep their eyes out. he knew his area was immediately local to Caylee's home. he may also have been playing a bit of amateur sleuth (the same as we all do here, just local). So he called in anything in the neighborhood that seemed out of place. A stray bag by the road, or an odd smell. Possibly something about the area bothered him.

And you know what. He was right.

I am not seeing the controversy here. A county worker did his job, and kept his eyes open and reported what he thought was relevant. Isn't this the sort of thing that post 9/11 we expect our public employees to be? Situationally aware of the area's that they operate in?

duh,,,the guy calls in a "GREY BAG" in August but shes found in a BLACK BAG

and this Jane motormouth ASSUMES its somehow the same bag and

"whats with that"

an empty grey bag in august, thats all.

But if it was just an empty grey bag, why did he go back to the scene 3 months later? And then coincidentally find a black bag with her remains? It doesn't add up to me.

Frankly, I don't think it looks good for the prosecution if they can't prove he had "something" to do with Caylee's disappearance. The defense will be able to use this as reasonable doubt.

Yes. I have been a big supported of LE in this, and although I think they made missteps, I don't think they were malicious and trying to "get" Casey. Casey got herself! But this guy could really cause a problem. I like how they said he might be an amateur sleuth! I hope that is the case. Otherwise expect the defense to connect him to Zanny the Nanny...

What are the chances of this dude having the same last name as the nanny that doesn't exist? Don't you feel like someone's just going to pop up on your computer screen and yell "smile, you're on Candid Camera!":bang:

This is going to potentially destroy the prosecutions case.

REASONABLE DOUBT

How on earth is LE going to explain the fact that this meter reader called in 3 times & then goes there himself & finds the Body....??

Reasonable doubt is the problem. Jurors sometimes have trouble discerning "reasonable" from no doubt, shadow of a doubt, unreasonable doubt. It seems some juries don't see what is "beyond" reasonable. JMHO of course!

the only bad is that they missed finding her in august...other than that, this is much ado about nothing.

the meterreader is a non issue or the biggest fool accomplice in history.

neither of which helps her

How is it possible that the OCSD had police officers in that very area on 3 seperate occasions in AUG but failed to find the body or notice any odor?

Jose Baez is going to use that point & use it well as PROOF that the Body was not there....

And this Meter Reader. Why did he keep going back to that spot? He calls 3 times & speaks with LE but refuses to take their word that the area has been cleared & returns to that area a fourth time & finds the Body.

Something is not making sense

the meter reader called it in...LE went out, missed finding her

when the water went down last week , the meter reader went back cause he was still unsure about that area.

whats so fuzzy about that?

The meter reader has nothing to do with Caylees murder, but LE will sadly look ridiculous if they didn't check this out right. There would have been better preserved evidence in August then now!

How is it possible that the OCSD had police officers in that very area on 3 seperate occasions in AUG but failed to find the body or notice any odor?

Jose Baez is going to use that point & use it well as PROOF that the Body was not there....

And this Meter Reader. Why did he keep going back to that spot? He calls 3 times & speaks with LE but refuses to take their word that the area has been cleared & returns to that area a fourth time & finds the Body.

Something is not making sense

why do you think there would have been an odor outdoors in south florida two months after the child most likely died?

two months outdoors in fl. summer= no odor.

why they didnt find the body has a lot of possible answers..none of which means anything.

they didnt find it? doesnt mean it wasnt there.

the meter reader called it in...LE went out, missed finding her

when the water went down last week , the meter reader went back cause he was still unsure about that area.

whats so fuzzy about that?

Either that Body was NOT there is August

or

The OCSD has is doing "Shoddy" police work & not searching properly

Either way......This is all good news for Casey

I really don't like that Jane W atty....I also think that jvm is trying to hard to be NG......

what is the defense going to do.......GEE

As if JVM isn't bad enough, Jane W gives me a major headache. I didn't like her attitude in the Scott P case and I certainly don't like her now. She is certainly anti anyone except a defense person. I don't know how she can sleep at night.

ETA: I just had to turn them off. Talking about what's one more out there (H Lee)....I'd say after the fiasco in the Phil Spector trial, it would make a huge difference to have him out there.

I'm still not sure I am seeing what the huge deal about this "revelation" is. he is a county worker, with a regular route, who knew the child was missing. I would be willing to bet that all county workers in that area were briefed to keep their eyes out. he knew his area was immediately local to Caylee's home. he may also have been playing a bit of amateur sleuth (the same as we all do here, just local). So he called in anything in the neighborhood that seemed out of place. A stray bag by the road, or an odd smell. Possibly something about the area bothered him.

I am not seeing the controversy here. A county worker did his job, and kept his eyes open and reported what he thought was relevant. Isn't this the sort of thing that post 9/11 we expect our public employees to be? Situationally aware of the area's that they operate in?

Excellent point! :clap:

I agree. Next thing you know, they will be accusing the meter reader of breaking into the A' home, stealing bedding, childrens clothing, pesticides and what not, and planting it in the woods. Good grief !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back