Found Deceased Italy - John Durkin, 21, Rome, 19 February 2014

Thank you, Caronant. I am so sorry for all of John's friends and family. Sounds like he was quite a guy, and will be very missed.

Hap, I agree with you. The saddest story. I think of his family every day and hope they feel even the slightest bit comforted by the incredible outpouring of support for John and the Durkins.

It seems to be fairly clear that his death is considered highly suspicious. There are a lot of similar themes to the horrible story of the male Dartmouth student who died in Spain a few years ago. I've also been told that there is a lot more information known that is not being released yet. Whatever the case, I feel so much for the Durkins and hope they get the information to understand what happened to their son.

Hap, I agree with you. The saddest story. I think of his family every day and hope they feel even the slightest bit comforted by the incredible outpouring of support for John and the Durkins.

It seems to be fairly clear that his death is considered highly suspicious. There are a lot of similar themes to the horrible story of the male Dartmouth student who died in Spain a few years ago. I've also been told that there is a lot more information known that is not being released yet. Whatever the case, I feel so much for the Durkins and hope they get the information to understand what happened to their son.

Very suspicious. After seeing your post I looked for info on the Dartmouth student and read about the arrest in his death. That is scary stuff ~ hope the Durkins know that so many of us are thinking of them. It is hard enough that their son is dead, but also to have the story rehashed over and over in the papers is just awful. Big hugs to all who loved John and his family.

I believe that John was a victim like Beau and I hope John's family is aware of the theories on the Beau ws thread. There have been students from other countries as well as Andrew Mogni.

Here's a quote from that article linked in Hap's post from a former DEA/DOJ Agent in Italy that is truly frightening:
“If you go to the U.S. Embassy in Rome on any given day, you’ll see probably half a dozen to a dozen students all lined up because they’ve got lost passports, because they’ve been assaulted, because they’ve been the victim of a robbery,” Pasquarello continued."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back