Jail Call Between Lee and Casey -revisited

I don't know if you do this, but sometimes I'll go back and take another listen to the phone calls and each time something new seems to stand out to me. Today when I took another listen to the jail phone call between Lee and Casey :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ2BxypXC2A

When Lee was drilling Casey about the blackjack that she "lost" and stating that the phone should have been saving the contact number for the babysitter as well as the sim card,
she says, " I set it up after the fact to save just to the sim card." It's probably been discussed, but that phrase seemed like a big slip up to me...
and then - once the call is officially over and the recording comes on about AT&T blah blah....you can hear Casey audibly SIGH loud and long - like that was a really hard performance for her. It is telling and sickening.:mad:

what I found odd about the conversation was the two phones at blanchard park. if she is now saying she left caylee with zfg and sister Sa at blanchard park.

switching one sims card between two phones is common. I know so many people that do that. we do it, everytime we get new phones... switch the old sim card to the new phone. just recently, we got a new blackberry that crapped out on the second day... it had to be traded, thus the same sims card went back to the old phone until the new replacement phone arrived.

I'm confused. In the phone call, she states:

CASEY: It doesn’t always save to the SIM card. You can sometimes save things to the SIM card or save it specifically to the phone, it just depends on the way the phone’s set up I thought about that too. The phone that I was currently using, the one I guess that the police still have, or you guys have it, I had set it up after the fact to just save things to my SIM card but you can also save it to just the phone or to the SIM card and the phone so there’s copy’s on both

Does anyone know, can you save a # to the phone without a sim card? For the phone to work wouldn't the sim card have to be in it? I guess if you just power it on and save a number you manually enter it could be done. But, anytime that # is used with the sim card in it, would it record the # to the sim card as well as the phone? *** Sorry if this doen't make any sense. I'm just confused about how sim cards work and what they store...

depends on the phone. but, yes you can.

Could it be possible that switching SIM cards would have an effect on the account statement? IE: Call records ?

usually not. unless there is a protection feature on the phone and you tried to surpass it... but, At&t/Cingular doesn't block you from doing that.

YES! I was thinking that too! Wouldn't he know, or were he and KC really not that close? I know the phones my siblings have, and we live in separate states!

I am very close to my parents and I do not know what phones they have. I know they have the same phone numbers. But, I never know when they upgrade -nor do they know when I do. some people do not talk about their cellphones, unless asked.

What's always bothered me about that phone call is when Lee asks KC about why she was at Universal, and she says something like she was talking to some friends, and he's like, was it for work or fun? And she responds along the lines of it being definitely not for fun and not for work, and his response seems like something suddenly "clicks," and he keeps saying how he understands, oh yeah, that sort of thing.

Hope all that makes sense. Anyways, that's the part that's always bothered me--just an unnatural response from him about that particular part of her story.

I concurr! Lee said they were not speaking in code. I do not believe that. I keep thinking she was referring to her story about ZG and her sister at Blanchard park.

I think he was pressing her for what and how much she told LE - since she had spent the day with LE.

Like, when she said she went to Universal, not for work, and not for fun, and was with mutual friends - I think she was talking about her trip there with LE.

I would have to listen to the call again, but that is what sticks out at me.

I think he was pressing her for what and how much she told LE - since she had spent the day with LE.

Like, when she said she went to Universal, not for work, and not for fun, and was with mutual friends - I think she was talking about her trip there with LE.

That's the impression I got as well.

Hmmm . . . interesting points guys. Definitely something being said there, though, huh?

Yup, Centaurus, that makes sense. But, it would also make sense to me that she would buy a Blackjack with (perhaps) Amy's $ or CiA's credit card to lend credence to her fake job. It seems these days that lots of young 20-somethings around me are flashing blackberrys or iphones and pretending like they have really important jobs. In reality, however, they just have parents who buy them everything and they are essentially still like high school kids without the high school.

I think she did have the phone. I agree -it would make her seem more "with it" in being an important person for her "job". I think she really wanted to impress TL. A lot of people want to impress those they are courting; some more than others... meaning of how far they are willing to go.

whoa. that never even crossed my mind! that makes complete sense!

I'm confused. In the phone call, she states:

CASEY: It doesn’t always save to the SIM card. You can sometimes save things to the SIM card or save it specifically to the phone, it just depends on the way the phone’s set up I thought about that too. The phone that I was currently using, the one I guess that the police still have, or you guys have it, I had set it up after the fact to just save things to my SIM card but you can also save it to just the phone or to the SIM card and the phone so there’s copy’s on both

Does anyone know, can you save a # to the phone without a sim card? For the phone to work wouldn't the sim card have to be in it? I guess if you just power it on and save a number you manually enter it could be done. But, anytime that # is used with the sim card in it, would it record the # to the sim card as well as the phone? *** Sorry if this doen't make any sense. I'm just confused about how sim cards work and what they store...

Yes, you can save it to the phone, without putting it on the sims card. Some phones it's an option every time one saves. But I think that was just the old phones. When sims was rather a new thing. Now folks realize how easy it is to change phones if things are saved to card. So I think the "set up; just automaticly does it.

I have a prevliously used phone. When I put in my sims, it has the numbers that I have stored on the sims, AND the numbers, pictures, etc.. that some else had stored on the phone.

So it is possible. I just don't think it is an issue here. Having it in the phone helps the police figuring out 'who is who'. The numbers called to and recieved from, can be gotten from the phone company. THe police will have to figure out who everyone is.

She is thinking that since she is saying she was using another phone, that it covers the lies about the phone calls or lack of them. And lack of having Zani's phone number. It doesn't. It would still have been on record at teh phone company.

Yes, you can save it to the phone, without putting it on the sims card. Some phones it's an option every time one saves. But I think that was just the old phones. When sims was rather a new thing. Now folks realize how easy it is to change phones if things are saved to card. So I think the "set up; just automaticly does it.

I have a prevliously used phone. When I put in my sims, it has the numbers that I have stored on the sims, AND the numbers, pictures, etc.. that some else had stored on the phone.

So it is possible. I just don't think it is an issue here. Having it in the phone helps the police figuring out 'who is who'. The numbers called to and recieved from, can be gotten from the phone company. THe police will have to figure out who everyone is.

She is thinking that since she is saying she was using another phone, that it covers the lies about the phone calls or lack of them. And lack of having Zani's phone number. It doesn't. It would still have been on record at teh phone company.

Thank you for clarifying!!:blowkiss:

I don't know if you do this, but sometimes I'll go back and take another listen to the phone calls and each time something new seems to stand out to me. Today when I took another listen to the jail phone call between Lee and Casey :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ2BxypXC2A

When Lee was drilling Casey about the blackjack that she "lost" and stating that the phone should have been saving the contact number for the babysitter as well as the sim card,
she says, " I set it up after the fact to save just to the sim card." It's probably been discussed, but that phrase seemed like a big slip up to me...
and then - once the call is officially over and the recording comes on about AT&T blah blah....you can hear Casey audibly SIGH loud and long - like that was a really hard performance for her. It is telling and sickening.:mad:

During that long sign, I could swear she said "Oh, for heaven's sake!!". I got the impression that she was disgusted at being "drilled" by her brother. JMHO

Whenever I start to doubt whether this was a premeditated murder I go back and listen to that first call where she wanted Tony's number. I think that is a true glimpse at who she is, defiant, juvenile, self centered, cruel and cold. She blasts her mother for questioning this ridiculous story, ridicules her cameo's on TV. Then there is the "all everyone cares about is finding Caylee" comment. That omg I am in jail, I should be the center of your world... gag. She absolutely cold while this girl cries about Caylee.

But what caught my attention was when Christie was trying to pry info from her and asking if Tony had any information that could help them Casey says "Tony had nothing to do with this". If your child is missing isn't that a current event, Tony has nothing to do with mess??? I think there at least two past tense references to Caylee in those early conversations.

Whenever I start to doubt whether this was a premeditated murder I go back and listen to that first call where she wanted Tony's number. I think that is a true glimpse at who she is, defiant, juvenile, self centered, cruel and cold. She blasts her mother for questioning this ridiculous story, ridicules her cameo's on TV. Then there is the "all everyone cares about is finding Caylee" comment. That omg I am in jail, I should be the center of your world... gag. She absolutely cold while this girl cries about Caylee.

But what caught my attention was when Christie was trying to pry info from her and asking if Tony had any information that could help them Casey says "Tony had nothing to do with this". If your child is missing isn't that a current event, Tony has nothing to do with mess??? I think there at least two past tense references to Caylee in those early conversations.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! I think the worst part of it was when Christie started crying, saying "If anything happened to that little girl..." and Casey says, "Oh my God, calling you guys? What a waste."
Shows how little she cares about her daughter! I really hope she will be brought to justice soon!

Thanks for the link to the phone call with Lee. I had listened to it early on and had not listened to it since. When I went back and heard it just now it sounded staged. Something all planned out. Lee almost sounds like he doesn't even know Casey, he surely doesn't sound like a brother who has been super close to her, partied with her, and spend a lot of time with her and their friends. I change my mind daily on this case, this family is totally out of control and I know it has been said many time, but how can there be no emotion? And in this phone call, there is no sign of emotion except on Casey's part to hurry up and leave me alone. Of course.........JMHO

Thanks for taking a listen guys...to me, I just keep coming back to the fact that Lee was being very sensible during this call...trusting his instincts and making her answer the hard questions (much like Cindy early on) and then it seems, to me, Casey was somehow able to get her manipulative grip on the family members yet again and make them putty in her murderous hands. And now, THEY, as opposed to her, look like the ultimate fools!

During that long sign, I could swear she said "Oh, for heaven's sake!!". I got the impression that she was disgusted at being "drilled" by her brother. JMHO

If she said that, maybe she was frustrated that he wasn't catching "the code".

I appreciate that someone explained about Verizon and them not using a sim card. I was feeling pretty stupid because I know nothing about a sim card, but we have been a verizon customer for about ten years or more now.

There are past tense references in her police interrogations, too.

Sometimes, she starts in the present tense, and then switches to the past.

I remember when my father, a lawyer, noticed immediately that Susan Smith spoke of her children in the past tense. He said, "She did it."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back