James Brown has passed away

This is so sad.. WHen I was younger, around 4 or 5, I would sing I feel good while in the shower.. NO one knows where it came about, but for some reason, it was my favorite song.

christine2448 said:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10607613/detail.html?treets=atl&tml=atl_12pm&ts=T&tmi=atl_12pm_1_11000212262006

James Brown's Widow Claims She's Locked Out Of Home

I wonder if James owned this home before they became married. It sounds to me that his lawyer has a copy of JBs Will and this woman is not going to be awarded the home. To protect assets from being stolen or taken away they have padlocked his estate. His memorabilia alone if in that home are very valuable.

I am sure if it was purchased before their marriage he has left it to his children.

IMO

Ocean

Hi Ocean,
I heard on TV today that this lady was married to someone else when she married Brown, so that nullified their marraige.

Besides the possibility of her removing valuables from the house, if she had gone into the house, they might have had a hard time getting her out of there. Posession is .9 of the law, and since in her mind they were married, it might have given her some clout to fight them as a common law wife. Albeit a strange marriage with her having her own home down the street and a message she had left for him on her phone, to stay with him all those years she had to have had some affection for him, right?

Scandi

my dad had tickets to see him in february. he returned them for a refund. i know this sounds really bad, but i would have kept the tickets. can you imagine having tickets with a date after the performer died? that would make neat memorabilia.

sad he died though. :( i hate when famous people die.

scandi said:
Hi Ocean,
I heard on TV today that this lady was married to someone else when she married Brown, so that nullified their marraige.

Besides the possibility of her removing valuables from the house, if she had gone into the house, they might have had a hard time getting her out of there. Posession is .9 of the law, and since in her mind they were married, it might have given her some clout to fight them as a common law wife. Albeit a strange marriage with her having her own home down the street and a message she had left for him on her phone, to stay with him all those years she had to have had some affection for him, right?

Scandi
Hiya Scandi!

I understand that she WAS living in the home along with their 5 yr old son, her's and James'. I too read that she had a home down the street, however, this is local news here (Metro Atlanta) and she was on TV saying she is living in a motel, has no $$ or clothes, so I am a little confused about all the reports.

Hi Christine,

It is confusing, her story that is, and now I heard her say on TV that James considered them married. It is a legal issue now, and personally think she should have prepared better for herself and her child by him if he was indeed that ill to where he could die at any time. I'm pretty hard-hearted about that.

I think it is so cool that they are taking his body to the Appolo Theater tomorrow so he can lay in state and everyone can come and view his body. Wish I coulod be in NY tomorrow, just to see the theater and all the interesting people who will come to show their respects.

Scandi

Is this the same guy who was sued some years back from a wife who claims he beat her??? Or am I thinking of someone else??

kidzndogznme said:
Is this the same guy who was sued some years back from a wife who claims he beat her??? Or am I thinking of someone else??

i think he was, but there's been a few celebrities where it's happened...didn't Lionel Richey (sp?) get into some trouble for the same thing?...i can't remember..

Saw the "widow" on LKL last night. She's whacked. I've read about her before but this is the 1st time I've seen her live.

kidzndogznme said:
Mug shots from incident with Tomi, or whatever her name is, the one that is locked out I believe this is when he shoved her.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jbrownass1.html

I didn't know about this:
http://www..com/category/supreme-court/

It's been 2 weeks and he still hasn't been buried!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10712714/detail.html

James Brown Still Waiting For Burial

POSTED: 8:19 am EST January 10, 2007
UPDATED: 8:41 am EST January 10, 2007

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Two weeks after his death James Brown is still waiting to be buried.

The singer's body is being kept in a sealed casket in a climate controlled room in Augusta.

His heirs are debating where he should be buried.

An attorney for Brown says legal issues involving the estate of the late soul singer -- including the filing of his will and the location of his final resting place -- will all be handled in "due course."

Brown died of heart failure Christmas morning at age 73, but little has been settled about the estate he left behind, including where Brown will be laid to rest.

Charles Reid, manager of the C.A. Reid Funeral Home says Brown's body remains under guard in a climate-controlled room in his Beech Island, South Carolina, home.

Brown attorney Buddy Dallas said Tuesday that Brown's will has not been filed. Dallas said the trustees for his will along with Brown's children will determine where Brown will be buried.

Dallas said Brown's home has been locked since hours after his death to protect his memorabilia, furnishing, clothes and other personal items.

Tomi Rae Hynie, Brown's partner, said she encountered locked gates as she tried to get into the home she said she shared with the singer and their five-year-old son. She wouldn't talk about the incident Tuesday, but her lawyer said Hynie should be granted access to the home, although he would not talk about whether Hynie might take legal action.

This sounds awful to me. I guess it helps show that we all need to make it clear in writing what we want done with our remains. It should have been up to him what he wanted done.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243219,00.html

Well now wait a minute......I saw parts of the funeral. James Brown was the second coming of the Christ child....so sayeth the entire group of people that spoke at the funeral. I saw it myself right there in CNN. Surely, he couldn't have been that heartless.

I am sure there is a lot more to the story than is told....the child's mother was locked out of the home at Jame's death. Whatever quarrels you have with the child's mother, that child is still your child. This is sad.

Cal

The will could've very well been drawn up prior to the childs birth. He is only 5 years old. The story didn't report when the will was executed.

julianne said:
The will could've very well been drawn up prior to the childs birth. He is only 5 years old. The story didn't report when the will was executed.

That's true...didn't think about that. Let's all update our wills! :D

Cal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname