James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

James Kolar is one of the few people to have seen ALL the evidence in the case. He is a former lead investigator, brought on to Mary Lacy's team, to investigate EVERYTHING about the JonBenet Ramsey case.

He couldn't remain silent any longer. And former D.A. Mary Lacy is not happy about it at all. Read this article on The Daily Beast.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/18/new-clues-in-jonbenet-ramsey-murder.html

Kolar's new book, A Foreign Faction Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet Ramsey, is available on Amazon and Barnes and Nobel.

I have read an advanced copy and I can honestly say you will be shocked.

Kolar is going to be a guest on Websleuths Radio tonight. 9 PM Eastern.

Here is the link to the show. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/07/19/websleuths-radio
Tricia,

For months I've been busy at work and haven't had time to check on this forum to see whether or not the little teaser about 'something good in the JBR case' happening this year had as of yet come to fruition. Looks like I am a little late finding out what you were referring to, but I promise to get caught up quickly. Look forward to hearing your interview with Mr. Kolar and buying his book. Keep up the good work!

What has always puzzled me about the Hi-Tec boot print found in the wine cellar: Even if it was only a partial boot print: wouldn't it have been possible to determine from the dimensions of the print whether it was from an adult shoe size or from a size fitting a nine-year-old?

For me, the book was disappointing. We did learn 3 or 4 new things that some of us may or may have not known. The feces smeared on the candy in JB's room, extra DNA, and the basement video showing the spider webs were the biggest things. Other than that it was just a really good review of what we already knew which is the disappointing part as Mr. Kolar had access to thousands upon thousands of pages of evidence or notes. There should be a lot of info there that has not been revealed in the past.

Sadly this did not blow the lid off anything. Just being honest. I know a lot of us wanted this to be the be-all and end-all but it isn't. Like I said, very good review sprinkled with some new stuff and a unique presentation.

The revealing of the fact that the touch dna was in the seam of the panties was huge, imo.

For me, the book was disappointing. We did learn 3 or 4 new things that some of us may or may have not known. The feces smeared on the candy in JB's room, extra DNA, and the basement video showing the spider webs were the biggest things. Other than that it was just a really good review of what we already knew which is the disappointing part as Mr. Kolar had access to thousands upon thousands of pages of evidence or notes. There should be a lot of info there that has not been revealed in the past.

Sadly this did not blow the lid off anything. Just being honest. I know a lot of us wanted this to be the be-all and end-all but it isn't. Like I said, very good review sprinkled with some new stuff and a unique presentation.

RedWing7, too bad you feel that way. And I'm not going to try to change your mind or critisize your opinion...just want to address some of your concerns, maybe you'll feel better after:).

Agree, 'Mr. Kolar had access to thousands upon thousands of pages of evidence or notes'. Including GJ information! But he cannot talk about, it's against the law! Also, he cannot reveal every 'secret' which BPD has in their 'safe' because JBR murder is NOT the 'closed' case, it's still on-going 'cold' case investigation.

IMO, Kolar's book is a HUGE punch on IDI community:
- the VIDEO of the spider web on the 'broken' window;
- 6-way intruders DNA explanation;
- debacle of the 'stun gun' theory.

Secondly, his book brings a lot of attention to the behavior aspect of the Ramsey's 'players' (especially, of BR) which wasn't done before by any other publications.

Plus, the book is a GREAT and EASY read with a lot of information for the people who do NOT know much about this case.

JMO

I, too, am disappointed in Kolar's book. In honesty, it reads like someone who studied the posts on FFJ and WS, copied photos off the Internet, then put a book together. It would be a good read for someone just getting interested in JonBenet's case...I'd give it a high mark for that. But for anyone who has been interested since the beginning, it is not an eye-opening blockbuster by any means. I am disappointed with it. No bombshells that I could see.

I, too, am disappointed in Kolar's book. In honesty, it reads like someone who studied the posts on FFJ and WS, copied photos off the Internet, then put a book together. It would be a good read for someone just getting interested in JonBenet's case...I'd give it a high mark for that. But for anyone who has been interested since the beginning, it is not an eye-opening blockbuster by any means. I am disappointed with it. No bombshells that I could see.

BOESP, maybe I'm naive, but what did you expect to learn from the 'cop' who wasn't involved in original investigation and never met Ramsey's?

For example, if FW writes the book - I would expect to learn a lot of information about Ramsey's interactions, characters, prior history, family 'secrets'...but not about forensic stuff.

If any member of GJ writes the book - I would expect to learn one-dimensional, non-expert interpretation of the facts with more 'bombshells' and more non-answered questions.

IMO, no matter who writes the next book about JBR murder - we wouldn't be happy with the result....because we are looking for SOLUTION of JBR mystery and today - no one can provide us that (yet!)! So, maybe our expectations are too high? JMO

...no matter who writes the next book about JBR murder - we wouldn't be happy with the result....because we are looking for SOLUTION of JBR mystery and today - no one can provide us that (yet!)! So, maybe our expectations are too high? JMO
I take your point, which actually underscores the criticisms of Kolar's book - it was promoted as an eye-opening view of the case, packed with stunning revelations. But that's not what it is.

The book begins one way, and ends another; its focus is unclear, and people who have followed the case closely will not find a great deal here that is new (apart from its perspective). It offers support and vindication for those of us who suspect Burke, and some titillating facts about the family are revealed; but Lawrence Schiller's Perfect Murder, Perfect Town remains the definitive general history of the case, Steve Thomas' JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation offers the most detailed assessment of the background and actual workings of LE, and JonBenet: The Police Files (compiled by Don Gentile and David Wright) is a collection of police interviews in which we can read the Ramseys' words in context, and in one place.

Kolar’s integrity and dedication to justice are not in question (for me, anyway), and he expended enormous emotional and financial capital in the production of this book...but what did he envision happening, as a result? What does he actually believe LE can do with the fractured evidence in this case? Does he envision an organized citizens' campaign for transparency, or is this a plea for someone in LE to light a fire under someone's judicial behind? What does he want, exactly?

Even acknowledging the legal constraints under which Kolar must operate, his reluctance to do more than hint and imply (in a coy, almost winking, rib-jabbing way), or to define what "resolution" concretely means for him, leaves me scratching my head...I simply don't find a there there.

BOESP, maybe I'm naive, but what did you expect to learn from the 'cop' who wasn't involved in original investigation and never met Ramsey's?

For example, if FW writes the book - I would expect to learn a lot of information about Ramsey's interactions, characters, prior history, family 'secrets'...but not about forensic stuff.

If any member of GJ writes the book - I would expect to learn one-dimensional, non-expert interpretation of the facts with more 'bombshells' and more non-answered questions.

IMO, no matter who writes the next book about JBR murder - we wouldn't be happy with the result....because we are looking for SOLUTION of JBR mystery and today - no one can provide us that (yet!)! So, maybe our expectations are too high? JMO

The book was said to be a "bombshell." The important facts of the case have been in the public domain for years and years.

The organization is very good and it is a good primer on the case but bombshell it isn't in my opinion. I'd recommend this book to those just starting their study of JonBenet's death. To those who have studied it and know the case well, it is just another rehash of what was mostly already known. In no way is this a personal criticism of Kolar. It is my honest opinion of his book. I was disappointed. I wanted it to "blow the lid off the case." It didn't.

I can't make a statement about any future books about JonBenet's death. There is no way to form an opinion on a book yet unwritten.

The book was said to be a "bombshell." The important facts of the case have been in the public domain for years and years.

The organization is very good and it is a good primer on the case but bombshell it isn't in my opinion. I'd recommend this book to those just starting their study of JonBenet's death. To those who have studied it and know the case well, it is just another rehash of what was mostly already known. In no way is this a personal criticism of Kolar. It is my honest opinion of his book. I was disappointed. I wanted it to "blow the lid off the case." It didn't.

I can't make a statement about any future books about JonBenet's death. There is no way to form an opinion on a book yet unwritten.

Fair enough!:)...maybe it's me, because I wasn't expected the 'bombshells'...however, I did get them plenty from Kolar's book!...

If someone would ask me how I feel about all existing books, I would say that PMPT book is the foundation (for anyone to get familiar with the roots of this case). ST book is a pillars/carcas of the knowledge (exposing the 'sickness' of JBR house) and Police Files book is nails/studs who's holding the whole stracture together....Kolar's book?...well, IMO, it's a nice windows/doors to the certain rooms and CLOSETS....and my imagination is going on and on...and I'm sure I'll find the purpose for the next book:)...

If someone would ask me how I feel about all existing books, I would say that PMPT book is the foundation (for anyone to get familiar with the roots of this case). ST book is a pillars/carcas of the knowledge (exposing the 'sickness' of JBR house) and Police Files book is nails/studs who's holding the whole stracture together....Kolar's book?...well, IMO, it's a nice windows/doors to the certain rooms and CLOSETS....
Very nicely put, OM4U!

Meet the Author: James Kolar - Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 6PM

http://www.telluridelibrary.org/adult-programs/308-meet-author-james-kolar

In 2004, Kolar left Telluride for Boulder where he spent nine months at the helm of the Boulder District Attorney office's investigation in the murder of child beauty pageant contest JonBenet Ramsey. His involvement in that case has led to a self-publication of Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenét. Exhibiting more than 30 pictures and documents in the case, his 508 page book reads like an evidence file that encourages readers to create their own understanding of what happened the night after Christmas in 1996. On Tuesday, October 23rd, James Kolar will give a presentation on his book at the Wilkinson Public Library at 6:00 in the evening.

Can someone get to this talk and give us a report? Hope he'll do a Q&A - we'll have to check the Telluride newspaper for any comments afterwards.

http://www.tellurideinside.com/2012/10/telluride-town-marshall-presents-true-crime-mystery.html

TELLURUDE TOWN MARSHALL PRESENTS TRUE CRIME MYSTERY
Written on October 18, 2012 by Ryan Wilson in Books+, WPL

" As Kolar explains, “Many people suggest that if you follow the evidence, you will come to the conclusion that an intruder was responsible for the murder of Jon Bénet. My investigate piece goes through a review of that evidence piece by piece and suggests that it is not consistent with the intruder theory. When you discount this evidence, you take a leap of faith that more than one individual was involved in the event.” Kolar cautions, however, that while he provides more than 30 pieces of evidence in his book, it is an extremely complicated legal landscape, and there is little hope for this case being revisited.
For aspiring writers, Kolar’s presentation at the library will also discuss the process of self-publication. “This was a first time endeavor for me, and there were many new things to learn. In the end, it took me three years to write this book and get it published.” These insights, as well as the story itself, are enough to provide any crime enthusiast or aspiring writer with an evening not to miss. To hear more about Kolar’s writing process and his thoughts on the case, listen to my interview with him below.".......

The author never claimed his work contained a "bombshell."

The owner of this board (and OP) came up with that term in her shameless, almost year long promotion/teaser of the book right here on Websleuths.

The wrath for the book not living up to hype should be directed at her not Mr. Kolar. It's her albatross not his.

Heyya Fishee.

I dunno about no wrath, but I was wondering about how many copies of FF were sold and if perhaps as a self published author, JK expected limited sales from the start.
I also wondered if the book would be available at libraries in the US.

The author never claimed his work contained a "bombshell."

The owner of this board (and OP) came up with that term in her shameless, almost year long promotion/teaser of the book right here on Websleuths.

The wrath for the book not living up to hype should be directed at her not Mr. Kolar. It's her albatross not his.

Fishee,
Nothing shameless about it at all. Its called marketing. Thats how business works.

Kolar and Tricia should be applauded for bringing the book before the public.

Fair enough!:)...maybe it's me, because I wasn't expected the 'bombshells'...however, I did get them plenty from Kolar's book!...

If someone would ask me how I feel about all existing books, I would say that PMPT book is the foundation (for anyone to get familiar with the roots of this case). ST book is a pillars/carcas of the knowledge (exposing the 'sickness' of JBR house) and Police Files book is nails/studs who's holding the whole stracture together....Kolar's book?...well, IMO, it's a nice windows/doors to the certain rooms and CLOSETS....and my imagination is going on and on...and I'm sure I'll find the purpose for the next book:)...

OpenMind4U,
I've not read Kolar's book. But from what others say he has published we have a new perspective on BR, further information regarding JonBenet.

Thats an advance on all the other books. I just hope Tricia is on the phone to Holly Smith, ex-head of Boulder County Sexual Abuse Team. She has also published a book, but had to remove certain references to the JonBenet case.

Holly Smith has a story to tell, someone should offer her a forum so she can tell everyone why she was removed from the case?

Fishee,
Nothing shameless about it at all. Its called marketing. Thats how business works.

Kolar and Tricia should be applauded for bringing the book before the public.

^^This. Spot on. I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I'm surprised by all of the negative Nancys [Nancies? hehe] in this thread. What did you expect? A detective who worked on the case years after the fact to come up with some smoking gun that eluded every other detective or prosecutor, and for it to have been held in secrecy until the release of the book? If there was a bombshell, smoking gun, breakthrough in the case, etc., it would have leaked out in the media.

For me, his goal was to generate some renewed interest in the case from the public and to get his theories into print and to remind BR and JR that they're liars and scumbags. Can't fault the guy for that IMO, I thought the book was just fine. Personally, I couldn't put the thing down. One things for certain, BR knows much more than he has led on...I don't know how he can live with himself TBH. Every time I read about his interviews, especially the one with the therapist, it just shows that he didn't give one ***** about the death of his sister. If my little brother died like that, I'd probably be in a mental institution right now, I'm not sure if I would have been able to get over it. I would sure love to see his medical records from the shrink, that's for sure.

Just my $0.02.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back