Jason will be re-tried October 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shoes?

Yes, that's what I think -- and the shirt -- the one that they tried to duplicate in the birthday party picture up in the mountains.... surely they don't think people are that dayam dumb?? Another little detail that was on our list for the ADAs to cover. This case has got to be solid, solid and rock-hard, guys. Sock it to 'em.

The shoes, the shirt -- anything else?

The news said 'a tentative date' in October, so I'm wondering if that statement lends the possibility for a new prosecutor to join the team, with a possible continuence on the trial date?

Hi, Glee - :seeya:

They've all "penciled in" the October time frame. I just don't see a new ADA team, but it looks like HC may be more active on it this go 'round. I hope that Saacks will be first chair this time. They won't get another do-over...
icon8.gif

Since the trial is set for only 90 or so days from now, I wonder if the Youngs will try to bond him out....

ONLY $900K bail? That's really low, for 1st degree murder. I can't believe the judge was so lenient. He should have a $2M bail amount! I bet momma will have him out on bail lickety split.

I hope, hope, hope they do NOT allow Becky Holt to be the lead on this next trial. She needs to be dropped down to a consulting role only.

Hi, M74 - (hmmmm, an M74 sounds like a firecracker -- hmmm!!!)

:fireworks::fireworks2:

ITA with both your statements. For a usually high-bail or no-bail-for-1stDM judge, I was surprised to hear him give any bail at all, and much more surprised that he put the amt at only 900K. For 90 days -- that's an expensive little trip out... And it needs to be a little trip.

The DA guys have GOT to do it right -- Surely Shirley, CW has read them the riot act more than once on this thing. (Could jobs be riding on this one?)

BH needs to stay on the team, yes, but since we probably can't have Boz since it's all new to him and I'm sure he's scheduled-up, but Saacks could bring it off. Please, no BH doing the main stuff. She's sharp, yes, but seems unsure. Is there some method behind this um-er-aah delivery? It's beyond my reasoning...

I don't know about the food hoarding other than the kind I do :)
I have connections with the Attorney Generals office in Raleigh and they are all very good friends with the Wake Co. DA's office. I'll see what I can find out. I will die if H C ends up on this case. Die I'm telling you.

When was the last time CW himself 1st-chaired a case?

Is Boz up to his eyeballs in cases, too? Especially now that their budget has been cut, they can't hardly start throwing more bodies onto this case. I've seen Jason Waller (Superior Court Rotation) and Jeff Cruden (Probable Cause Rotation), and they were good (not of the um-er-ah ilk, thankfully) and got convictions along with other ADAs (Melanie Shekita was one & she was good), but I didn't see a lot of sparks fly, but they each got their licks in there and brought the ball home.

Anything you can tell us (me, anyway), NCEast, will be more that we (I) know. It would be good to know what the talk on this is... Is it as big a deal to them as it is to us? Certainly it must be so. :waiting:

Oh, JLY is such a crude, cruel, r-neck, juvenile sleazeball, IMHO, of course. He has GOT to pay the price for murdering his poor little pregnant wife and the mother of that sweet little girl. "Daddy did it," grrrrr, indeed.
icon8.gif
:banghead:

I understand that Boz is on that new DP case in which the jury pool is going through voir dire now. It could be a 6 week trial, in total. He is not available to work on the JLY case (even if they wanted him to, and he wanted to do it) until his current case is over and that would put the timeframe almost into mid-Sept.

No, I think we're stuck with the existing team, though if Willoughby has any sense at all he'll push Saacks up to first chair and give him a larger % of the state's case in chief as well as a larger % of cross. Of the 3 ADAs on the case Saacks appears to be the most articulate and energetic. They need a serious influx of raw energy and some emotion and some passion. Saacks has it. If the ADAs don't show how powerful their case is and can't convey that to the jury, then why should the jury care?

If they blow it this time they will only have themselves to blame, and what that will do to the Fisher family I don't even want to contemplate.

Their themes of multiple affairs and childish behavior does not seem to have traction with a jury, particularly males. It does not a murderer make in most people's minds, no matter how idiotic JLY's behavior has been.

If they cannot tie him to the scene of the crime in a more clear fashion, the jury isn't going to connect the dots by themselves.

OT////As an aside, I have completely and totally weaned myself from the Casey Anthony saga on WS. the talking head programs such as NG, and elsewhere. I don't care what she does, now much money she makes, or what happens to her or any of her family. It took me almost 3 weeks, after the verdict was read on July 5, to finally get to this point and it feels good.

I'm right there with you, NCEast -- I'm done with it.

I have had my meal with the Anthony case, no dessert, of course, and I have paid the check, washed my hands, and left the restaurant.

The menu looked great at the beginning, but I didn't like the food -- tasteless for the most part; the big rooster main course was greasy and full of hot air, IMO; the DA salad was very good, but there was not enuff of it; some of the veggy witnesses were very good but there weren't enuff of them; the jury cooks only paid attention to the main course, so everything else was served nearly raw, or they forgot about them; their last course was very hard to chew and it has left a very bad taste in my mouth. What a letdown. I hope to never eat there again. Free at last, and feeling much better. Orlando, no mo'... Back home to NC, huh?!

GracieLee, I hope you are ok in Johnston County. Just saw that you guys had a horrific storm there about an hour ago....trees down, electrical outages, etc. I know this isn't the proper place to put this but please check in when you can. My Johnston Co. son is at Myrtle Beach and I don't know if I should make the trip there to check on his house or not. Sure hope you, your family, and your property are ok.

Sorry it took me so long, we are fine here. Lost power for awhile, but did get some well needed rain. If only we could get rid of this heat.

Has anyone heard any updates on the JLY bond issue? Or the new DP trial jury? I've not heard anything on either.

Has anyone heard any updates on the JLY bond issue? Or the new DP trial jury? I've not heard anything on either.

Well, I had to stay quiet...till now.
I was in the original 60 person jury pool for the Capital murder trial for the man that sexually molested and killed his 10 month old step-daughter. Jury selection started 7-18-11 and as of 7-27-11, only 7 jurors are seated (need 16 total).
I have been hanging out in the jury lounge and was finally called in the courtroom for my individual voir dire. Some potential jurors were questioned 2 hours, so I was determined that would not be the case for me. I think I would be a good juror on a murder case...just not this one. After being introduced to the basic facts of the case and the death penalty possibility by the judge, he asked if I could apply the law based on his instructions. I said yes....but, let me explain. I told him I followed the BC case and even did some of my own investigation on JLY. I told him I met the lead defense counsel and knew his law partner. The judge then said, "so you feel because of these circumstances you could not be impartial and serve on this case"? I said, no your honor, I could not be impartial, because I have already formed an opinion. The whole thing lasted less than 10 minutes and I was excused.
The bailiff outside said that was the quickest dismissal so far.

I did ask him if JLY was still incarcerated and he said yes.:D

< lots of respectful snipping from Just the Fax post>

I said, no your honor, I could not be impartial, because I have already formed an opinion.

< lots of respectful snipping from Just the Fax post>

JTF, do you think you could ever be a juror on a murder case in Wake County? Truthfully (since you asked!), I'm not so sure that I could -- it would be very difficult since we do get a fair amount of media coverage. And even tho we know it's not necessarily all accurate, altho I think the intent to be so is definitely there, it is often enuff info to enable some of us WS'ers to form an opinion.

And Wake County has been deprived of a good, intelligent, even-minded juror in not having you on the panel. But really, what human could not already have an opinion on this (IMO) slimeball's guilt??

And thanks for sharing that with us, Fax.
icon12.gif

WRAL just issued a breaking news alert saying JLY's parents have posted bond.

"JUST IN: The parents of Jason Young are at the Wake County magistrate's office to put up a $900,000 secured bond for his release. Young is accused of first-degree murder in the 2006 death of his pregnant wife, Michelle. His trial ended in a mistrial last month, and a new trial date is set for Oct. 10."

A cold blooded killer will soon be on the streets.....LOCK your doors!!!!!

I feel like we should make a pool on whether he goes poof.....no?

WRAL just issued a breaking news alert saying JLY's parents have posted bond.

"JUST IN: The parents of Jason Young are at the Wake County magistrate's office to put up a $900,000 secured bond for his release. Young is accused of first-degree murder in the 2006 death of his pregnant wife, Michelle. His trial ended in a mistrial last month, and a new trial date is set for Oct. 10."

Yep, just saw it, Happy and JTF...

:maddening::loser::banghead::furious::mad::liar::eek:hwow::pullhair::noooo::sigh::gasp::rant::yuck::rage::headache::nerves::tsktsk::puke::cursing::thud:

A cold blooded killer will soon be on the streets.....LOCK your doors!!!!!

I suppose he'll be bunking with Pat and Gerald again since he has no money, no job, no future. It's them that needs to be worried since they'll be knowingly living with an accused murderer. Talk about a dysfunctional family dynamic!

Think they'll be able to keep an eye on him to protect their "investment"? I think he'll run if he gets the chance. Mexico would be his starting point.

I feel like we should make a pool on whether he goes poof.....no?

Put me down for "we'll never see him again." He'll head out to Transylvania :dracula: for a while, maybe be seen in public doing "normal" things, and then he'll leave without a trace. :furious:

Seven pieces of property owned by NINE people secured this bond.:waitasec:

Seven pieces of property owned by NINE people secured this bond.:waitasec:

Wow. So if you add those 9 people to 8 jury members, 2 defense attorneys and Jason himself, that brings us to to a grand total of 19 people who think he's not guilty.

Oh wait, I forgot about MM. Make that 20!

No shocker.
Pat herself had 2 properties worth almost 1/2 the bond.
The other $500,000 or so was likely home equity from various family friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname