Jason Young to get new trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't my question.

My question is what did his mamma or Gerald tell him as he arrived at the home and fell plumb to his knees? Did they say she was killed/murdered? Or did they just say she was dead?

That I really don't know. I don't know exactly what LF told PY and then what they would have told JY.

Did not know that. So, there were item/ items left unaccountable in the SUV. Why did they skip the shoes? Back then, they would not the importance.

I think they were just concerned with the suitcase items and looking for a murder weapon and/or blood in the vehicle.

That wasn't my question.

My question is what did his mamma or Gerald tell him as he arrived at the home and fell plumb to his knees? Did they say she was killed/murdered? Or did they just say she was dead?

They were getting conflicting information on what happened to Michelle throughout the day and even after they got back to Raleigh. However, some of the questioning Ryan Schaad found disturbing and pointing to Jason, so he warned his friend, what was going on. I feel like we have been over this a million times.

That I really don't know. I don't know exactly what LF told PY and then what they would have told JY.

IIRC, Gerald, JY step-dad said MY was dead then he fell plum to his knees. No explanation was given. Funny, he never asked or screamed how?? Since he was so "shocked" he fell to his knees. Speaks volumes to me.

They were getting conflicting information on what happened to Michelle throughout the day and even after they got back to Raleigh. However, some of the questioning Ryan Schaad found disturbing and pointing to Jason, so he warned his friend, what was going on. I feel like we have been over this a million times.

BBM

As do I about certain things. Mainly about how they rushed to judgement even though his wasn't indicted until December 2009. And since some people keep referring to information as "new to them" when they have known about it since they started following the case in 2006. Again, with all the "conflicting" info why didn't he asked how?????

Attacking the investigator is not adding anything to the discussion. The fact remains that his family hired a PI to assist, to try to determine what happened to MY.

I see nothing odd about him not wanting to return to the home where the brutal murder occurred.

How am I attacking the investigator? I'm attacking his so-called evidence he found. The same as some of you questioning how LE "convinced" GB she saw JY at the gas station. Thanks!

Did not know that. So, there were item/ items left unaccountable in the SUV. Why did they skip the shoes? Back then, they would not the importance.

So if they "zeroed in" on Jason right away, they would have been sure to collect the shoes, right?

IIRC, Gerald, JY step-dad said MY was dead then he fell plum to his knees. No explanation was given. Funny, he never asked or screamed how?? Since he was so "shocked" he fell to his knees. Speaks volumes to me.

Thank you Landonsmom. If that's true then I call bs. Even a person in shock will ask how or say "What? What happened?"

Yes, actually your friend the cook testified that there were items in the vehicle that were not removed and a pair of slip on shoes from the front of the vehicle were shown to him and he verified that they had not been collected.

About the items in the luggage. It was a pretty weird accumilation of things. His clothes were not something he would take with him, in November, in the mountains.

Plus I have also found it weird that he was going to drive to Brevard and spend the night when his friends were coming in from out of town that Friday for the NCSU homecoming game. I don't think the furniture was that important. I know the NCSU games were. Wouldn't it had made more sense to leave VA and drive home right after the meeting? He would have made it home right before or after the friends arrived. IMO, that was just a ploy to be as far away from Birchleaf when MY was found. Couldn't he have gotten the furniture at Thanksgiving?

When Jason arrived at Pat and Gerald's, information was sketchy. No one really knew what was going on, except LE. All he was probably told was that Michelle was dead. Meredith was right there at the scene and even thought she had fallen.

Just like at trial , there are two sides that get to speak. I hope no one is implying that both sides are not welcome here as well. I am glad to be here, I have had to clear up a lot of misinformation, I hope that doesn't mean anyone is going to be bullied to leave because they are outnumbered.

He DID NOT have an an attorney in the beginning......What's the problem??????

If I was informed my spouse was dead in our home, I would desperately want to know what happend.....and I think MOST of the population would too.

Everyone would be desperate for answers, and everyone would be told the same thing: that no information will be available until after an autopsy is completed. After the autopsy is completed, the family will know how the person died. Then, there will be no new information until after there is an arrest.

So if they "zeroed in" on Jason right away, they would have been sure to collect the shoes, right?

On what grounds would a Judge issue a warrant to collect Jason's clothing? My understanding is that investigators did not request any clothing until a long time after the murder.

I don't think we can make the leap that because police obtained a search warrant for his vehicle, but did not request Jason's clothing, police were not focused on Jason as a suspect.

I submit there is no way LE can ever do the right thing no matter what they do or don't do.

They seize a vehicle right away? (RUSH TO JUDGEMENT!!!)

They don't "collect" an item (They aren't doing all they should be doing right from day 1!)

They "never" looked at anyone else (Can't count that SW where they looked at MF's car because that was done months later. So that doesn't count!)

They want to ask the spouse questions right away (How dare they! He's a grieving man. Besides everyone knows LE railroads spouses & no one should ever talk to LE.).

The most natural response would be "what happened??!??!"
He didn't ask because he knew, IMO.

Why does anyone assume that Jason didn't ask the eye witness, Meredith Fisher, what she observed at the crime scene? Why is there an assumption that police would provide additional information, and what additional information could police provide at the time that they arrived at the scene of the murder?

It seems a bit like character assassination when a suspect is criticized for not getting information from witnesses that attended at a crime scene when we have no way of knowing whether this is true.

Ok I just listened to Pat Young's testimony (day #16, pt 8, Feb 27, 2012). JY never once asked what happened or how his wife came to be "dead." That's all he was told. "Michelle is dead."

His only question after that was "what about CY, is she ok?"

Why does anyone assume that Jason didn't ask the eye witness, Meredith Fisher, what she observed at the crime scene? Why is there an assumption that police would provide additional information, and what additional information could police provide at the time that they arrived at the scene of the murder?

It seems a bit like character assassination when a suspect is criticized for not getting information from witnesses that attended at a crime scene when we have no way of knowing whether this is true.

Is there a reason why testimony is unable to be reviewed? Testimony, which is widely available on WRAL, as has been mentioned many times, would answer these and many more questions. If you go by the testimony, which is what the jurors were doing, it would be obvious what was seen, said, asked, and submitted as evidence in the trial. In doing that (going to see the various witness testimony at wral.com) what each witness said, did or didn't do would be answered. Meredith testified, as did many other people about the events that day and in the days following.

No one has to assume anything including the assumption that people are assuming. If it's in testimony, which can be verified by going to wral.com, it can be known.

Ummm....it has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. LEO had tunnel vision and railroaded JY.

I have said that I believe that investigators had tunnel vision. I am of the opinion that they looked for any information that would bolster their theory. I have cited the "evidence" of the rock in the propped open door. The door was always unlocked at 6AM, so Jason had no reason to prop open the door because he knew that he could not return to the hotel prior to 6AM. Still, police attribute the propped door to him because it fits their tunnel vision theory of the crime.

Another point is the cameras. One camera was tampered with. There is no evidence connecting Jason to that camera. Still, in order to bolster the police theory, they claim that Jason tampered with one camera. I believe there were 14 cameras in the building. Jason's room was on the fourth floor. We are to believe that he tampered with the camera at one exit, but not with any of the other cameras in the hotel. Miraculously, none of them captured him re-entering the hotel in the morning. This is also a problem for the police theory.

We also have the fact that hotel witness stated that he found the room door securely closed when he placed a newspaper on the handle and a receipt under the door in the middle of the night. Police refuse to accept this witness testimony because it doesn't fit their theory. Instead, they insist that the door was not secured. The eye witness statement is ignored. Police imagine that the door was not secure because the true fact does not fit with their tunnel vision theory.

The gas station attendant was not shown a number of suspects. Police had tunnel vision and Jason was their only suspect. They knew they should show a photo array of similar looking suspect to the witness, but they didn't. Why didn't they do that? Were they concerned that the witness would not identify their suspect?

Why did police tell the medical examiner that it was not necessary to complete a sexual assault kit? If this was a home invasion, a sexual assault kit would be at the top of the list, but police had already formed their only opinion about how the murder occurred, and they were not interested in any other theories.

Has this case always been this way?
I just noticed that in a a little over a month there are 13 pages of posts, and there is not even a date set yet for a retrial!
I find it even odder that about 80 percent of it is like 4 people who think JY is NG (not that the 4 or so are odd, just that they seem so invested).

That's weird! It seems like there are four people that think JY is guilty (not that the four or so are odd, just that they seem so invested).

Thank you Landonsmom. If that's true then I call bs. Even a person in shock will ask how or say "What? What happened?"

Yes I just rewatched GM testimony on WRAL. Day 16 part 4 in the retrial. GM states that he got a call from JY on the morning of 11-3-06 and that he was coming to Brevard to pick up a washstand. PY wasn't home. Then when LF called PY was home and she answered the phone and LF said MY is dead. When JY arrived GM met him out front and said MY is dead and then if he hadn't of caught him he would have fell plum to his knees. So, he never asked how or what happened. He just cried for over an hour and a half..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500