Jason Young to get new trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, Gerald, JY step-dad said MY was dead then he fell plum to his knees. No explanation was given. Funny, he never asked or screamed how?? Since he was so "shocked" he fell to his knees. Speaks volumes to me.

Are we assuming that Jason went weak at the knees and then went mute?

Frankly this case has been discussed to the ends of the earth and back since Nov 2006 when the murder occurred. Many of those who followed the case from the beginning got the information they were seeking, culminating in hearing testimony at trial (2 trials, if they followed both). There's nothing else they are going to learn. Others, who did not follow the case until much later, and some who didn't follow the case at all, are digging in. I think many people are just burned out and realize the futility of arguing.

Those who think JY was "railroaded" will not be changing that opinion.

Those who think JY murdered his wife will also probably not change that opinion.

Maybe there's even a few people in the world who think JY got railroaded AND also murdered his wife. They are off on Venn Diagram Island for a long restful vacation.

Everyone would be desperate for answers, and everyone would be told the same thing: that no information will be available until after an autopsy is completed. After the autopsy is completed, the family will know how the person died. Then, there will be no new information until after there is an arrest.

Otto are you telling me the average person would wait till autosy to ask how anything at ALL?????? for God's sake and JY didn't even ask WHAT HAPPENED!!!! He didn't why? where? a robbery/murder? He didn't ask ANYTHING. And I find this extremely odd........extremely out of the ordinary.

And you're right about what you said about Meredith....even Meredith thought at first she had fallen. So even more so, don't you think he would ask something.....just a one or two sentece something???

The ONLY logical explanation is be that he knew.....he knew he had slaughtered his wife and unborn son.

Yes, he fell plum to his knees according to Gerald when told Michelle was dead. Then, accordidng to them, just sat alone in a recliner. See it was easier for him this way......he didn't have to talk to anyone, look in anyones's eyes, he just lay there figuring out his next move!

Is there a reason why testimony is unable to be reviewed? Testimony, which is widely available on WRAL, as has been mentioned many times, would answer these and many more questions. If you go by the testimony, which is what the jurors were doing, it would be obvious what was seen, said, asked, and submitted as evidence in the trial. In doing that (going to see the various witness testimony at wral.com) what each witness said, did or didn't do would be answered. Meredith testified, as did many other people about the events that day and in the days following.

No one has to assume anything including the assumption that people are assuming. If it's in testimony, which can be verified by going to wral.com, it can be known.

Meredith testified that at no time did she discuss what she saw at the crime scene with Jason? Other than telling Jason to go to her house, rather than the crime scene, nothing about what she discovered at the house was discussed? Michelle's mother testified that she gave no information to Jason's family other than the fact that Michelle was deceased?

That's weird! It seems like there are four people that thing JY is guilty (not that the four or so are odd, just that they seem so invested).

I know of a few that are just avoiding the thread for the time being.
(That is how I learned of this case!).

BTW You snipped me without answering ....

Nymeria said:
Has this case always been this way?
I just noticed that in a a little over a month there are 13 pages of posts, and there is not even a date set yet for a retrial!
I find it even odder that about 80 percent of it is like 4 people who think JY is NG (not that the 4 or so are odd, just that they seem so invested).

*BBM*

ETA- But that is OK, I think I get it, no need to answer.

Frankly this case has been discussed to the ends of the earth and back since Nov 2006 when the murder occurred. Many of those who followed the case from the beginning got the information they were seeking, culminating in hearing testimony at trial (2 trials, if they followed both). There's nothing else they are going to learn. Others, who did not follow the case until much later, and some who didn't follow the case at all, are digging in. I think many people are just burned out and realize the futility of arguing.

Those who think JY was "railroaded" will not be changing that opinion.

Those who think JY murdered his wife will also probably not change that opinion.

Maybe there's even a few people in the world who think JY got railroaded AND also murdered his wife. They are off on Venn Diagram Island for a long restful vacation.

Thankfully, I followed the case from the first day that it was in the news, and I firmly believe that police had one tunnel vision theory. They looked at any information they could use to support that theory, and therefore we have some rather strange facts that are woven into court testimony.

There are some that form an opinion as soon as a murder occurs and they firmly hold onto that theory regardless of what the evidence reveals.

Otto are you telling me the average person would wait till autosy to ask how anything at ALL?????? for God's sake and JY didn't even ask WHAT HAPPENED!!!! He didn't why? where? a robbery/murder? He didn't ask ANYTHING. And I find this extremely odd........extremely out of the ordinary.

And you're right about what you said about Meredith....even Meredith thought at first she had fallen. So even more so, don't you think he would ask something.....just a one or two sentece something???

The ONLY logical explanation is be that he knew.....he knew he had slaughtered his wife and unborn son.

Yes, he fell plum to his knees according to Gerald when told Michelle was dead. Then, accordidng to them, just sat alone in a recliner. See it was easier for him this way......he didn't have to talk to anyone, look in anyones's eyes, he just lay there figuring out his next move!

None of us were there, and none of us know what was said or not said. Everyone that was there problably has a slightly different memory of what was said or not said. What is happening here is that we are imagining what Jason said or didn't say, and trying to criticize him for whatever we think he did or didn't say. Somehow, that criticism is supposed to imply that he is a murderer, but it's not working for me.

Meredith testified that at no time did she discuss what she saw at the crime scene with Jason? Other than telling Jason to go to her house, rather than the crime scene, nothing about what she discovered at the house was discussed? Michelle's mother testified that she gave no information to Jason's family other than the fact that Michelle was deceased?

Meredith never spoke to Jason. Meredith called and spoke to Pat Young (at Pat Young's house before JY got there). Meredith told Pat that Michelle was dead and there as a lot of blood. Michelle did not say it was a homicide. Pay Young testified she thought maybe Michelle had a miscarriage, with the mention of a lot of blood and being found by the bed.

Jason never spoke to anyone about Michelle's death. That's in testimony. Or, if he did, later, to members of his own family, they never admitted it on the stand. He did not to any friends. He did say to Linda Fisher that night at Meredith's house after everyone went to the Sheriff's Dept, "I'm going to take a hit on the house." Linda responded, "WHAT?" And he said "I'm going to take a hit on the house, when I sell it."

Are we assuming that Jason went weak at the knees and then went mute?

No I'm not assuming, I'm going by what GM testified to at trial. He didn't talk he just cried and cried and from the time he walked in the door until the time he walked out (1 1/2 hours) he cried......didn't speak. Don't believe me....look it up.

*BBM*

This case has always had a balance of people that looked at the evidence and arrived at the conclusion that Jason is guilty, people that looked at the evidence and arrived at the conclusion that Jason is not guilty, and people that had a gut feeling before there was evidence and steadfastly held on to one opinion or another. Jason was persecuted by people in the general public long before police filed charges against him, so that would be the group that formed an opinion without evidence and steadfastly held onto that opinion.

Meredith never spoke to Jason. Meredith called and spoke to Pat Young (at Pat Young's house before JY got there). Meredith told Pat that Michelle was dead and there as a lot of blood. Michelle did not say it was a homicide. Pay Young testified she thought maybe Michelle had a miscarriage, with the mention of a lot of blood and being found by the bed.

Jason never spoke to anyone about Michelle's death. That's in testimony. Or, if he did, later, to members of his own family, they never admitted it on the stand. He did not to any friends. He did say to Linda Fisher that night at Meredith's house after everyone went to the Sheriff's Dept, "I'm going to take a hit on the house." Linda responded, "WHAT?" And he said "I'm going to take a hit on the house, when I sell it."

I believe it was Michelle's mother that phoned Jason's mother.

When did Meredith tell Jason to go to her house (his house was a crime scene)?

None of us were there, and none of us know what was said or not said. Everyone that was there problably has a slightly different memory of what was said or not said. What is happening here is that we are imagining what Jason said or didn't say, and trying to criticize him for whatever we think he did or didn't say. Somehow, that criticism is supposed to imply that he is a murderer, but it's not working for me.

If that's your assertion then it appears there's an unwillingness or inability to watch and listen to sworn testimony. That's all anyone can go by in any case. Each witness swears to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth upon taking the stand.

It's not about what we think he said or didn't say, it's what the testimony is. However, there's no way to overcome an intentional refusal to follow testimony.

Thankfully, I followed the case from the first day that it was in the news, and I firmly believe that police had one tunnel vision theory. They looked at any information they could use to support that theory, and therefore we have some rather strange facts that are woven into court testimony.

There are some that form an opinion as soon as a murder occurs and they firmly hold onto that theory regardless of what the evidence reveals.

May I politely ask what changed your mind? Didn't you think he was guilty? I thought you did? It looks so from the old MY threads here? TIA

I believe it was Michelle's mother that phoned Jason's mother.

When did Meredith tell Jason to go to her house (his house was a crime scene)?

The first call was Linda calling Pat Young around 2pm (cf Pat Young testimony). She told Pat "my Michelle is dead." Then Pat called Meredith. And Meredith told her a bit more (including the part about the blood). However, at no time during those 2 phone calls was "murder" or "homicide" or "killed by someone else" mentioned. At that point neither Linda F. or Meredith knew exactly what had happened to Michelle.

Meredith didn't tell JASON to go to her house. It was conveyed to someone on the way back to Raleigh that they should go straight to MF's house in Fuquay (but not directly to Jason by Meredith).

My settings have 100 per page (the 25 per page drives me nuts :nuts: )

I set mine to 200. When a thread gets to 5 or 6 pages there's usually a new thread that's been created to move people over. :)

If that's your assertion then it appears there's an unwillingness or inability to watch and listen to sworn testimony. That's all anyone can go by in any case. Each witness swears to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth upon taking the stand.

It's not about what we think he said or didn't say, it's what the testimony is. However, there's no way to overcome an intentional refusal to follow testimony.

Witnesses at a trial are not telling a story about what they remember, they are only answering specific questions that are asked of them. Testimony given a court is a small fragment of the totality of events.

*BBM*

ETA- But that is OK, I think I get it, no need to answer.

I dont think anyone needs to explain why they are here, do you? If you read my original posts I thought this was one case that could go either way and I came here to discuss both the Abaroa and Haye's cases before the announcement was even made that this conviction would be overturned.
As for people who disappeared after the last trial, maybe they accepted the Verdict and moved on. I just don't think anyone here has anything personal to do with this case, but I can only speak for myself And the answer is, I don't.
Maybe we can keep the personal remarks about other posters out of our posts or we will never make it until the next trial !

On what grounds would a Judge issue a warrant to collect Jason's clothing? My understanding is that investigators did not request any clothing until a long time after the murder.

I don't think we can make the leap that because police obtained a search warrant for his vehicle, but did not request Jason's clothing, police were not focused on Jason as a suspect.

Which tells me they weren't focused on JY right away. Thats all I was saying.

Witnesses at a trial are not telling a story about what they remember, they are only answering specific questions that are asked of them. Testimony given a court is a small fragment of the totality of events.

Yes and that's what a jury goes by to determine guilt or not. And it's all anyone can use in which someone has sworn to tell the truth (that and depositions if available, or other legal documents).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500