JLM Charged in 2005 Farifax Rape Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, good to see journalists still ask dumb questions about evidence when it's already been confirmed those can't be answered. :rolleyes:

When there are so many interesting questions they could ask.

No question about whether victim would have to come to court to secure a conviction?

Jesus, what did he do to that poor woman? Does anyone know more details and why he was charged with attempted murder? I knew the attack was obviously a violent one, but I didn't know he tried to kill her.
I will have to dig back through to find the article from several weeks ago, but it was reported that he attempted to strangle her.

On another note, I was really struck by how much time has actually passed since this attack -- nine years! JLM would have been so close in age to MH and HG when he committed this crime.

:tyou: to officer Boone for never giving up on the case and for keeping in touch with the victim for such a long period of time.

This must be both a relief & a burden for the victim.

and

I wonder what his family this thinking now.

The cops are ganging up & accusing J of ridiculous, impossible charges
or
OMG, we raised a monster.

His father has already stated through a friend (http://wtvr.com/2014/10/20/hannah-graham-suspect-lived-near-where-human-remains-were-discovered/) that "he is heartbroken for Hannah’s family and his own, as they come to grips with mounting serious allegations against their son who so many thought they knew."

No question about whether victim would have to come to court to secure a conviction?

She's "grateful" and "cooperative," so I suspect she is here or will be here (as he wouldn't say where she currently is, in our out of the US).

Gosh this is scary to watch unfolding. Who knows how many more victims are out there waiting to be found.
Scary and heartbreaking.

With DNA proof, they absolutely must be beside themselves.
And, honestly, probably looking back on things and seeing moments where they could have stepped in and attempted to help him. Surely they saw his aggressive side. Surely they heard or witnessed his anger at women...

A lot of families live their lives in denial about who they really are and who their children actually are, though, so who knows...

But where do you begin to look for services, especially if you're poor?

The most in depth-reporting on the Fairfax rape case that I've read to date. Learned lots of new details.

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

That's the article! Thanks, zebra!

Relevant excerpts:

"She was beaten bloody," he says.

"You could tell she'd been assaulted immediately," she says, recalling the woman's disheveled clothing, hair matted with sticks, and the blood on her face.

"We both noticed marks around her neck," says Jenkins, who says the woman told them her assailant had choked her until she lost consciousness. "She thought she was going to die, then all of a sudden, she came to, and he wasn't there," says Jenkins, mentioning the passerby who scared the attacker away–- perhaps in the nick of time.

At his point I think we should wait for the indictment even for Morgan, since the person who killed her seems to be same who raped the girl in Fairfax.

Jesus, what did he do to that poor woman? Does anyone know more details and why he was charged with attempted murder? I knew the attack was obviously a violent one, but I didn't know he tried to kill her.

Quotes from article cited:

"She was beaten bloody."

"You could tell she'd been assaulted immediately," she says, recalling the woman's disheveled clothing, hair matted with sticks, and the blood on her face.

"We both noticed marks around her neck," says Jenkins, who says the woman told them her assailant had choked her until she lost consciousness. "She thought she was going to die, then all of a sudden, she came to, and he wasn't there," says Jenkins, mentioning the passerby who scared the attacker away–- perhaps in the nick of time.

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

dang... missed the entire press conference

She was choked and lost consciousness. JM probably thought she was dead. It's likely he meant to choke her to death and when she went unconscious he thought she was dead.

The girl is very lucky. I think she was meant to die when she was being choked but instead she just lost consciousness and JM most likely thought she was dead.

Also I do not think a person walked by and scared JM away. Wouldn't this person then help the girl? Instead it says the girl regained consciousness and her attacker was gone so she walked to the nearest condo for help.

I recall reading early on that he had beaten her bloody and that JM had also strangled her until she lost consciousness. A Passerby frightened JM away or this victim wouldn't have lived. I'm so thankful that she is cooperating with the detectives. JM will never be able to do this to any other person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member