JLM Charged in 2005 Farifax Rape Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall reading early on that he had beaten her bloody and that JM had also strangled her until she lost consciousness. A Passerby frightened JM away or this victim wouldn't have lived. I'm so thankful that she is cooperating with the detectives. JM will never be able to do this to any other person.

I think it was only her face that was bloody. She most likely was punched in the face. On the other hand MH mother say's that based on her daughter's skeleton she had been beaten badly.

That's the article! Thanks, zebra!

Relevant excerpts:

"She was beaten bloody," he says.

"You could tell she'd been assaulted immediately," she says, recalling the woman's disheveled clothing, hair matted with sticks, and the blood on her face.

"We both noticed marks around her neck," says Jenkins, who says the woman told them her assailant had choked her until she lost consciousness. "She thought she was going to die, then all of a sudden, she came to, and he wasn't there," says Jenkins, mentioning the passerby who scared the attacker away–- perhaps in the nick of time.

Wow. I'm so glad she was brave enough to go to the police and report what happened. Without her, who knows if Morgan's killer would ever be identified. What happened to this woman is horrible and she deserves justice. I'm glad he was indicted!

Is anyone else here worried about him being physically transported between cities?

I'd feel so much better if he appeared via video conference.

Unreal watching this all unfold..I think any of the thoughts that the big bad police are out to get JM with some conspiracy can be put to bed now..it's unreal all the terror this monster has caused in so many lives senselessly..I hope he pays tenfold for all eternity..

Is anyone else here worried about him being physically transported between cities?

You are not the only one. I was immediately concerned about the transport as well.

Maybe the original news articles regarding this assault could be found online and would provide more detail?

WOW! I am literally shocked every time i come to this discussion now! After following it from day 1 I cannot believe how this has unfolded!
This is crazy. I am glad the woman is helping with the investigation, Morgan and Hannah dont have the chance so she is a voice for all of them to get this sick individual locked away for the rest of his life.

Not really worried. Officers might even leave doors ajar accidentally on purpose ;)

I have to confess that at first I thought the speed with which everyone came to the conclusion that he was a serial killer and a rapist was alarming and I thought there was a chance he wasn't guilty of anything but hitting on a college girl. Boy was I wrong. :bananalama:

Anyhooo... I'm onboard. I wonder if JM is actually responsible for any the crimes that are attributed to this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_Rapist

Stupid question: I don't live in Virginia so I'm not familiar with the law. Is there a distinction between 'attempted capital murder' and just 'attempted murder' in Virginia? If so, is Matthews charged with the capital one because R.G was almost killed during the commission of another violent felony (rape)?

LE may have the object that was used in count III, sexual penetration. If so, maybe they lifted fingerprints and or DNA from it..

Stupid question: I don't live in Virginia so I'm not familiar with the law. Is there a distinction between 'attempted capital murder' and just 'attempted murder' in Virginia? If so, is Matthews charged with the capital one because R.G was almost killed during the commission of another violent felony (rape)?

18.2-31. Capital murder defined; punishment.
https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-31

I think both 1. and 5. can fit.

WOW WOW WOW!! So that DNA link is there. What a monster!! At least one off the streets, but we all know there are more lurking!

Prayers for this lady. Thank goodness she survived!! I agree with others, and apparently LE does as well, he chocked her with the intent to kill her, and most likely felt she was dead.

So many victims left in his path. Maybe the others can step forward now, knowing he is behind bars, and they are safe to tell their story.

So it starts, he's going to finally face consequences for his actions.

So much for him being a teddy bear, a sweet, gentle giant. I believe this guy has been doing this for years, and has many victims. The Fairfax victim is one who got away, and thank God for that, she can positively identify him and testify against him when the time comes. He needs to be off the street for good. IMO

So glad this women got away and they have linked JLM via forensics enough to charge him with attempted Capital Murder and Abduction. Good to hear that LE stayed in touch with her over the years and some justice is being served.

I wonder how many other women they will find within this 5 mile radius??

I'll repost the list of missing women I posted a while back because I think it's relevant. Women missing in VA near UVA / Virginia Tech / Anchorage Farms / Corridor 29. I have validated all of the ages/names on google and the missing persons database. Hope this helps. Many of these girls disappeared during the "back to school, fall football season. Corridor 29 seems to also be a common factor. See below:

2000: 23-year old Hope Curry
2002: 20-year old La-Teasha LaMone Brooks
2002: 33-year old Sharon Jones
2003: 19-year old Julie Marie Fraser
2003: 24-year old Autumn Wind Day
2003: 39- year old Sophia May Rivera
2005: 31-year old Vestora Leatrise Spriggs
2005: 34-year old Kathleen Hulderman
2007: 16-year old Ivonne Biviano
2007: 36-year old Sereda McGlothin
2008: 29-year old Gracie MacCord
2009: 17- year old Latonia Smith
2009: 18 and 19-year old Heidi Childs & David Metzler
2009: 23-year old Cassandra Morton (body found one week prior to Morgan Harrington)
2009: 20-year-old Morgan Harrington (google suspect photo) (body found)
 )
(shirt found @ corner of 15th St & Grady Ave outside apt building)
2010: 19-year-old Samantha Clarke

2010: 20-year old Arianna Davis
2011: 20-year-old Lauren Smith
2012: 19-year-old Dashad Sage

2012: 22-year-old Heather Hodges

2013: 17-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 18-year-old Jamisha Gilbert

2013: 18-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 21-year-old Bethany Decker

2014: 18-year-old Hannah Graham (remains suspected to be Hannah's found ...awaiting forensics)

I'm sending prayers (and thanks) to this lady, & the detective who never gave up over 9 years, tonight.

I have more thoughts, but feeling a bit too emotional to express them clearly tonight.

Question:

Do we know why JM happened to be in Fairfax, VA, that night in late September 2005, when the young woman was attacked? It is quite a distance from Charlottesville!

Did he have an address in that area at that time? If so, why? Was he in college? Did he have a job? Etc.

Please forgive me if this info has been available and I have somehow missed it. I've been focused on the WS threads dealing with the search for Hannah. . . .

TIA

So glad this women got away and they have linked JLM via forensics enough to charge him with attempted Capital Murder and Abduction. Good to hear that LE stayed in touch with her over the years and some justice is being served.

I wonder how many other women they will find within this 5 mile radius??

I'll repost the list of missing women I posted a while back because I think it's relevant. Women missing in VA near UVA / Virginia Tech / Anchorage Farms / Corridor 29. I have validated all of the ages/names on google and the missing persons database. Hope this helps. Many of these girls disappeared during the "back to school, fall football season. Corridor 29 seems to also be a common factor. See below:

2000: 23-year old Hope Curry
2002: 20-year old La-Teasha LaMone Brooks
2002: 33-year old Sharon Jones
2003: 19-year old Julie Marie Fraser
2003: 24-year old Autumn Wind Day
2003: 39- year old Sophia May Rivera
2005: 31-year old Vestora Leatrise Spriggs
2005: 34-year old Kathleen Hulderman
2007: 16-year old Ivonne Biviano
2007: 36-year old Sereda McGlothin
2008: 29-year old Gracie MacCord
2009: 17- year old Latonia Smith
2009: 18 and 19-year old Heidi Childs & David Metzler
2009: 23-year old Cassandra Morton (body found one week prior to Morgan Harrington)
2009: 20-year-old Morgan Harrington (google suspect photo) (body found)
 )
(shirt found @ corner of 15th St & Grady Ave outside apt building)
2010: 19-year-old Samantha Clarke

2010: 20-year old Arianna Davis
2011: 20-year-old Lauren Smith
2012: 19-year-old Dashad Sage

2012: 22-year-old Heather Hodges

2013: 17-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 18-year-old Jamisha Gilbert

2013: 18-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 21-year-old Bethany Decker

2014: 18-year-old Hannah Graham (remains suspected to be Hannah's found ...awaiting forensics)

Thanks for this list!!!

Just two things:
Cassandra Morton disappeared on October 10th, one week before Morgan Harrington, was reported missing the day that MH disappeared and she was discovered dead in November 2009.

Alexis Murphy is here two times (Once as 17 and once at 18 years old.) She was 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther