JLM Charged in the Hannah Graham Case

With the previously suppressed evidence now being admissible and with the mental health expert being called in, are we about to see Matthews plead guilty by reason of insanity?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

With the previously suppressed evidence now being admissible and with the mental health expert being called in, are we about to see Matthews plead guilty by reason of insanity?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I would say that's about the only chance he has. Although I really don't think he's crazy, just not very bright..

Mental health defense raised in Hannah Graham murde
By Neal Augenstein, WTOP

December 7, 15 4:31 pm

Psychiatrist to evaluate Jesse Matthew in Graham murder case
Peggy Fox, WUSA

6:09 pm est December 7, 15

Sounds like the defense is trying every delay possible according to what occurred in court.

There was surprising animosity in court with Commonwealth's attorney Denise Lunsford accusing defense attorney Douglas Ramseur of using an unseemly strategy, the failing health of a lead detective, to stall.

Jesse Matthew appointed high profile mental health expert, at $350 an hour
BY LAURA FRENCH, CBS6

7:58 pm, DECEMBER 7, 15

Screenshot 2015-12-14 at 4.28.04 PM.jpg

"William J. Stejskal (http://wpapc.com/about/william-j-stejskal/ )"

[...]

"I really feel compelled to be here. I feel honor bound, this is part of my covenant with Morgan, that I was always going to be there for her," said Harrington. "I didn't think it would be in this way, but I will be here every time I can possibly be here.”

"I did look at him, [Matthew] I did not see him looking at me,” Harrington added. “He seemed like he was more alert he was more participatory in the proceeding than I have seen.”

Matthew took notes and spoke several times to his attorneys Monday.

[...]

Last-minute hearing called for man accused of killing Virginia college students
BY JASMINE NORWOOD AND LAURA FRENCH, CBS6/WTVR

6:51 am, DECEMBER 7, '15

In the past, Matthew's hearings have been scheduled weeks and even months in advance, but Monday's hearing came with just a few days notice.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/m...cle_7db9edaf-e043-5e9b-930e-d7bc370faf37.html

Is this trial televised? Prob not. Or who are the people who will be covering. I am scared of this dude, even through the computer!

Is this trial televised? Prob not. Or who are the people who will be covering. I am scared of this dude, even through the computer!

Follow Neal Augenstein and Laura French on Twitter. @augensteinWTOP and @lfrenchnews

BREAKING: judge will rule in 20 minutes whether to strike defense evidence in motion to suppress in #HannahGraham #Matthew case

There has been tons of new info released today (in addition to what was released yesterday) by Laura French. Is this being documented anywhere here? I can't seem to find a thread with this new info relating to the search warrants, etc.

There has been tons of new info released today (in addition to what was released yesterday) by Laura French. Is this being documented anywhere here? I can't seem to find a thread with this new info relating to the search warrants, etc.

It's being covered under the pre-trial motions thread.

So pleased for both sets of parents. Finally, an end.

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 9m9 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew plea talks have been in the works for weeks. Goal was to provide "global resolution" to both cases. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 10m10 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #MorganHarrington & #HannahGraham's parents fully support plea agreement. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 12m12 minutes ago
#BREAKING: sources say #JesseMatthew will be spared life but will never be a threat to community. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 13m13 minutes ago
#BREAKING: Families of #MorganHarrington & #HannahGraham will give victim impact statements Wednesday. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 38m38 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew is scheduled to enter a plea for the murders of #HannahGraham & #MorganHarrington Wednesday to resolve cases @CBS6

CcaDtTtUsAAC_zr.jpg

Thank God he will never be able to do this to another woman or family ever again. These are terrible tragic cases just awful. R.I.P Hannah Graham and Morgan Dana Harrington you will not be forgotten.

I suggest that this plea deal event may be an example of the usefulness of the death penalty as a negotiating tool. A spokesman for the State of Virginia complained recently in the media that the State is losing access to the drugs used for lethal injection. This could indicate that those sentenced to the death penalty might end up riding the lightning. Being fried is unappealing. Without the death penalty on the table, there is no urgency for negotiation that could give some closure to the parents. He might have sat in prison for the rest of his life claiming he was innocent.

But perhaps I am incorrect, he comes from a fine family and perhaps they convinced him to pray.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back