JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

Big shout out to FindHG for all of your posts! :) Thank you I am trying to catch up, I have to say you guys are amazing. :)

I found this article - which also has a good summary of events and explains the Alford plea.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/11/go-behind-the-scenes-of-the-jesse-matthew-attempted-murder-trial/

Augenstein: Now that he’s taken an Alford plea for this 2005 sexual attack in Fairfax, I can say I’m not surprised by the plea. The woman was walking home from Giant with two bags of groceries. He picked her up and carried her into a wooded area. DNA analysis found his DNA under the woman’s fingernails after she scratched him during the attack. A DNA match is tough to defend against.

Do I think he’s guilty of killing Hannah Graham, and if he’s eventually charged, Morgan Harrington? The burden is always on the prosecution to make its case beyond a reasonable doubt. Without prejudging the few pieces of evidence that are public in the Graham and Harrington cases, I will say this Fairfax Alford plea puts him in a position to have a tiny bit of leverage in those Albemarle County cases. If his case goes to trial, the jury wouldn’t be able to hear about his conviction in Fairfax.

Big shout out to FindHG for all of your posts! :) Thank you I am trying to catch up, I have to say you guys are amazing. :)

I found this article - which also has a good summary of events and explains the Alford plea.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/11/go-behind-the-scenes-of-the-jesse-matthew-attempted-murder-trial/

Augenstein: Now that he’s taken an Alford plea for this 2005 sexual attack in Fairfax, I can say I’m not surprised by the plea. The woman was walking home from Giant with two bags of groceries. He picked her up and carried her into a wooded area. DNA analysis found his DNA under the woman’s fingernails after she scratched him during the attack. A DNA match is tough to defend against.

Do I think he’s guilty of killing Hannah Graham, and if he’s eventually charged, Morgan Harrington? The burden is always on the prosecution to make its case beyond a reasonable doubt. Without prejudging the few pieces of evidence that are public in the Graham and Harrington cases, I will say this Fairfax Alford plea puts him in a position to have a tiny bit of leverage in those Albemarle County cases. If his case goes to trial, the jury wouldn’t be able to hear about his conviction in Fairfax.

You're very welcome, 4 Free Speech, and welcome back, but the credit is due elsewhere, as I just went off off the links and the excellently persistent updates Hoosgirl, mostly, and others so kindly posted throughout the trial.

grahamsha, didn't have the chance to welcome you before. Thank you for being here on WS.

:welcome: ~~~~~~~~ :welcome: ~~~~~~~~ :welcome:​

Hoosgirl

Wanted to tell you about something before I post about on it thread, just to reality check it, as you're great at that, in deference to all. Please, let me know when you happen to have a minute of PM space, when/if you get the chance. Thank you, again for everything.

Hoosgirl

Wanted to tell you about something before I post about on it thread, just to reality check it, as you're great at that, in deference to all. Please, let me know when you happen to have a minute of PM space, when/if you get the chance. Thank you, again for everything.
Dang it, I swear my pm allotment shrinks on the daily. Sorry, just seeing this now. I deleted some more!

Dang it, I swear my pm allotment shrinks on the daily. Sorry, just seeing this now. I deleted some more!

Glad you did! hmm, now what was it I wanted to tell you? Had something to do with the guilty pleas, oh yes. He's still thinking like a predator. You know how an animal hides his prey, an Alford Plea, as it relates to his specific decision in this case to take it, seems to me akin to that, on his part.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/what-is-an-alford-plea/33506076

"What is an Alford Plea?
Will the Alford plea affect Jesse Matthew's trial in Hannah Graham case?"

"According to the Cornell University Law School Legal Information Institute, an Alford plea also known as a "best-interests plea," registers a formal claim neither of guilt nor innocence toward charges brought against a defendant in criminal court.

In Virginia an Alford plea means the sentencing phase of the trial is taken out of the hands of the jury and instead goes to the judge, according to criminal defense attorney Deborah Caldwell-Bono who practices law in Roanoke.

This means it will not be up to a jury to sentence Jesse Matthew, but instead it will fall to the judge.

While the defendant maintains his innocence, an Alford Plea is recorded as guilty in the courts. That means Matthew has been convicted of all three charges against him: abduction, sexual assault and attempted murder in the 2005 Fairfax case."

Although at times infuriating, ultimately it is best for the accused to have absolutely the best defense team possible, imo.
If a perp. is found guilty, one can feel confident that every t was crossed and every i dotted, never to be revisited and whatever punishment given, truly deserved.
imo.

@PeggyTV

Sources: Fairfax public defenders did not want #JesseMatthew to plead guilty. C-ville Atty James Camblos convinced him. Watch @wusa9 at 5:30
4:30pm - 18 Jun 15

@lfrenchnews

Gil Harrington met with #JesseMatthew rape victim RG. It was wonderful and light. I have such admiration for her @CBS6
2:46pm - 18 Jun 15

@lfrenchnews

Gil Harrington met with #JesseMatthew rape victim RG. It was wonderful and light. I have such admiration for her @CBS6
2:46pm - 18 Jun 15

Thank you, Hoosgirl, I'm just catching up, and am with you, and in even more awe of an, as Mr. Ray Morrogh states, "amazing" woman and wish a "hero" all the joy possible in the world, in gratitude.

All below from:

Thursday, June 18, '15

In advance of Jesse Matthew's sentencing, woman testifies about aftermath of 2005 Fairfax attack
By Chris Suarez of the "The Daily Progress"

reports Ray Morrogh said, when the brief hearing ended,

[...]

“I was deeply moved by her statements,”

[...]

"What an amazing and wonderful woman to come from so far and not only stand up to herself, but to make sure she spoke for all women who are the victims of the scourge of sexual abuse.”

The woman seemed to avoid looking at Matthew throughout her testimony.

“She did tell me it was a very difficult thing to do, but I’m glad she did it,”

[...]

Victim testimony was once a rare occurrence in Virginia courts,

[...]

“It gives victims have a chance to have their say in court,”

[...]

“I appreciated her coming back for this purpose. She never lost faith in the system.”

And RG said

“My first instinct was to run away and not go through more turmoil,”

[...]

“I gathered myself to come forward. I felt that if I didn’t testify, what if this person isn’t charged and others were harmed? I did not want that to happen.”

[...]

~ * ~

Woman sexually assaulted by Jesse Matthew: ‘I feared this is going to be the end’
By Justin Jouvenal and T. Rees Shapiro of "The Washington Post"

“I felt utterly hopeless,” the woman testified, saying she remembered hoping that her screams would bring help. “I was thinking, ‘This is going to be the end, keep screaming, keep screaming.’ I feared this is going to be the end of my life.”

[...]

Physically, she had injuries to her back, hands, neck and nose; as she put it, “everything was hurting.”

“Coming so close to death, I had stopped living,” she said.

[...]

“I thought it would be selfish to talk about just me,” she told a prosecutor. “I’m one of the many victims. . . . By the time we are done talking, someone else will be a victim.”

~ * ~

Victim in Jesse Matthew attack testifies about aftermath
By Mather Barakat of the "Associated Press" in the The San Diego Union Tribune

She said she wanted “to move away from home and go where people don’t know you and don’t know this has happened to you …

“Victims don’t have many rights in the system,” Morrogh said. “This was her day to stand up for herself.”

~ * ~

NealAugenstein of "WTOP" on SoundCloud.
Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh PC

~ * ~

Jesse Matthew rape victim testifies she felt ‘utterly helpless’ during attack
Laura French reports for "CBS 6 WTVR"

[...]

“She didn’t want to look at him. She relives this constantly and just was not comfortable looking at him,” said Morrough.

[...]

Gil Harrington said

“She’s very humble she was thankful and we tried to communicate our great admiration and gratitude for the sacrifices and energy it took for the courage for her to speak her truth,”

[...]

"I applaud her courage and determination in finding her justice in this court building today and I'm most greatful for the service that she has given to other victims by her determination."

~ * ~

Jesse Matthew Fairfax assault victim makes impact statement
Peggy Fox reports for "WUSA"

WUSA9 has learned from sources familiar with Matthew's case that his defense team was split on whether he should plead guilty. His two attorneys from the Fairfax Public defenders office were not on board, sources tell WUSA9. But it was the attorney from Charlottesville, James Camblos, who has known Jesse Matthew and his family for years, who apparently convinced him to plead guilty.

Morrogh said, "She never lost faith," keeping Detective Boone's card. She even has it today and showed Morrogh.

[...]

"After 30 years in this business, I still believe most people are good. But some people are very, very bad and he's one of them,"

[...]

And Gil Harrington,

"She said there were no tears, just appreciation and gratefulness."

But it was the attorney from Charlottesville, James Camblos, who has known Jesse Matthew and his family for years, who apparently convinced him to plead guilty.[/SIZE][/I]
[/SIZE][/I]

Whoa. Did I miss something previously? I didn't realize Jim Camblos had a relationship with Jesse and the Matthew family prior to being retained as JM's attorney last September. How long had they known each other? What was that relationship/how did they know each other?

I'd love to get inside Camblos' brain and see what he really thinks, both as JM's attorney in Fairfax and as someone who knew JM prior to September 2014. Interesting that he's the only one who pushed JM to plead guilty.

Whoa. Did I miss something previously? I didn't realize Jim Camblos had a relationship with Jesse and the Matthew family prior to being retained as JM's attorney last September. How long had they known each other? What was that relationship/how did they know each other?

I'd love to get inside Camblos' brain and see what he really thinks, both as JM's attorney in Fairfax and as someone who knew JM prior to September 2014. Interesting that he's the only one who pushed JM to plead guilty.

Good to see you, grahamsha. His son knew the perp from high school, if I recall correctly, but I have no idea where that is sourced from anymore. I think it wouldn't be too complex, Camblos' thinking. I imagine it would go something like, about this perp, 'save his neck,'setup a mistrial, 'get paid' maybe, 'book deal' and control, most of all, controlling what happens. I think I remember thinking that when Camblos made his first appearances in court in the perp's defense, way back when.

Thank you, Hoosgirl, I'm just catching up, and am with you, and in even more awe of an, as Mr. Ray Morrogh states, "amazing" woman and wish a "hero" all the joy possible in the world, in gratitude.

All below from:

Thursday, June 18, '15

In advance of Jesse Matthew's sentencing, woman testifies about aftermath of 2005 Fairfax attack
By Chris Suarez of the "The Daily Progress"

reports Ray Morrogh said, when the brief hearing ended,

[...]

“I was deeply moved by her statements,”

[...]

"What an amazing and wonderful woman to come from so far and not only stand up to herself, but to make sure she spoke for all women who are the victims of the scourge of sexual abuse.”

The woman seemed to avoid looking at Matthew throughout her testimony.

“She did tell me it was a very difficult thing to do, but I’m glad she did it,”

[...]

Victim testimony was once a rare occurrence in Virginia courts,

[...]

“It gives victims have a chance to have their say in court,”

[...]

“I appreciated her coming back for this purpose. She never lost faith in the system.”

And RG said

“My first instinct was to run away and not go through more turmoil,”

[...]

“I gathered myself to come forward. I felt that if I didn’t testify, what if this person isn’t charged and others were harmed? I did not want that to happen.”

[...]

~ * ~

Woman sexually assaulted by Jesse Matthew: ‘I feared this is going to be the end’
By Justin Jouvenal and T. Rees Shapiro of "The Washington Post"

“I felt utterly hopeless,” the woman testified, saying she remembered hoping that her screams would bring help. “I was thinking, ‘This is going to be the end, keep screaming, keep screaming.’ I feared this is going to be the end of my life.”

[...]

Physically, she had injuries to her back, hands, neck and nose; as she put it, “everything was hurting.”

“Coming so close to death, I had stopped living,” she said.

[...]

“I thought it would be selfish to talk about just me,” she told a prosecutor. “I’m one of the many victims. . . . By the time we are done talking, someone else will be a victim.”

~ * ~

Victim in Jesse Matthew attack testifies about aftermath
By Mather Barakat of the "Associated Press" in the The San Diego Union Tribune

She said she wanted “to move away from home and go where people don’t know you and don’t know this has happened to you …

“Victims don’t have many rights in the system,” Morrogh said. “This was her day to stand up for herself.”

~ * ~

NealAugenstein of "WTOP" on SoundCloud.
Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh PC

~ * ~

Jesse Matthew rape victim testifies she felt ‘utterly helpless’ during attack
Laura French reports for "CBS 6 WTVR"

[...]

“She didn’t want to look at him. She relives this constantly and just was not comfortable looking at him,” said Morrough.

[...]

Gil Harrington said

“She’s very humble she was thankful and we tried to communicate our great admiration and gratitude for the sacrifices and energy it took for the courage for her to speak her truth,”

[...]

"I applaud her courage and determination in finding her justice in this court building today and I'm most greatful for the service that she has given to other victims by her determination."

~ * ~

Jesse Matthew Fairfax assault victim makes impact statement
Peggy Fox reports for "WUSA"

WUSA9 has learned from sources familiar with Matthew's case that his defense team was split on whether he should plead guilty. His two attorneys from the Fairfax Public defenders office were not on board, sources tell WUSA9. But it was the attorney from Charlottesville, James Camblos, who has known Jesse Matthew and his family for years, who apparently convinced him to plead guilty.

Morrogh said, "She never lost faith," keeping Detective Boone's card. She even has it today and showed Morrogh.

[...]

"After 30 years in this business, I still believe most people are good. But some people are very, very bad and he's one of them,"

[...]

And Gil Harrington,

"She said there were no tears, just appreciation and gratefulness."

Thank you HG for these links and very worthy of reposting!

I have so much admiration, compassion and honor for this young lady victim. She is so strong and put justice for not only herself, but other victims of this monster and to prevent others from becoming victims, ahead of her own feelings of fear and just wanting to forget. I'm so touched by her determination, strength and selflessness. So much gratefulness here to RG, I just can't say enough!

Thank you HG for these links and very worthy of reposting!

I have so much admiration, compassion and honor for this young lady victim. She is so strong and put justice for not only herself, but other victims of this monster and to prevent others from becoming victims, ahead of her own feelings of fear and just wanting to forget. I'm so touched by her determination, strength and selflessness. So much gratefulness here to RG, I just can't say enough!
Just beautifully said, FindHG and AnnaGrace. Thanks from me, also, FindHG, for gathering and snipping all those links for us. The media master!

Good to see you, grahamsha. His son knew the perp from high school, if I recall correctly, but I have no idea where that is sourced from anymore. I think it wouldn't be too complex, Camblos' thinking. I imagine it would go something like, about this perp, 'save his neck,'setup a mistrial, 'get paid' maybe, 'book deal' and control, most of all, controlling what happens. I think I remember thinking that when Camblos made his first appearances in court in the perp's defense, way back when.
According to this, he's know several family members for several years.

http://wtop.com/news/2014/10/jim-camblos-in-defense-of-jesse-matthew/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita
Back