JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

Thanks hoosgirl for finding and posting this link. I remember reading it, just couldn't remember where. You're always so on the ball with links and updates and I appreciate it so much!

According to this, he's know several family members for several years.

http://wtop.com/news/2014/10/jim-camblos-in-defense-of-jesse-matthew/

Hoosgirl, I'm master of the stairs maybe, you come up with the goods. Thank you for trying to make me feel less the fool here.

Jim Camblos: In defense of Jesse Matthew
Neal Augenstein, on Oct 25, 14, reported for "WTOP"

the Mr. Camblos said

“I’m certainly hopeful that the system will give him a fair trial,” says Camblos.

~ * ~

Then a plea came to him, last week during a break in proceedings, just like that! Must have had Alfredo for breakfast or something.

Hoosgirl, I'm master of the stairs maybe, you come up with the goods. Thank you for making feel less the fool here.

Jim Camblos: In defense of Jesse Matthew
Neal Augenstein, on Oct 25, 14, reported for "WTOP"

the Mr. Camblos said

“I’m certainly hopeful that the system will give him a fair trial,” says Camblos.

~ * ~

Then a plea came to him, last week during a break in proceedings, just like that! Must have had Alfredo for breakfast or something.

OMGosh! Good one! LMAO right now. :applause:

So good to hear that Jesse Matthew will be behind bars for a long time. Looking forward to justice for Morgan and Hannah--and anyone else who he may have murdered. I'm sure there has to be more victims.

Thank you, Hoosgirl. Hope you're having a good Sunday.

What the Jesse Mathew jury never heard
By Neal Augenstein, WTOP, June 19, '15 1:44 pm

[...]

The file also includes a page of 38 thumbnail photos of [ the rapist and attempted murderer], with no shirt on. It is not clear from the document when and under what conditions the photos were taken, but they show close-ups of his face, hands, beard and mustache.

[... things the jury didn't hear but public defender tried to argue, ]

"Dawn Butorac filed a motion citing examples of how mistakes in local media coverage were jeopardizing [the attempted murderer and rapist's] chances for a fair trial.

[... prior to Camblos' introduction of the Alford Plea, perhaps?]

Attaching articles from two websites — wusa.com and wtvr.com — Butorac says they were “replete with inaccuracies.”"

[...]

RBBM

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Which of these would fit?

Will wait to hear from mods to know if quotes and graphics from the documents from the trial may be posted here?​

Thanks hoosgirl for finding and posting this link. I remember reading it, just couldn't remember where. You're always so on the ball with links and updates and I appreciate it so much!

Thank you, Hoosgirl and FindHG! Both for the info re: Camblos and for being so diligent in keeping this forum up to date. You both are so incredibly thorough. I wish there were a hug emoji :) This'll have to do :loveyou::loveyou:

I am so proud of that brave woman (RG)! It must have been horrible being in the same room as that monster (JM)!

IMO this brave survivor has gone beyond many to "Save The Next Girl" as Hannah unknowingly did when she walked on camera with this monster. Her life was not lost in vain, I am sure as sure can be.

Ultimately justice will reach Morgan and all his victims, known and unknown...

MOO

Also, if this person reads here, I would love to just call you the Fairfax Survivor instead of the victim.

If that's OK.

MOO

Matthew also waived his right to a speedy trial, which allow for defense motions every six weeks.

The four-week trial is scheduled to be held July 5, 2016 to July 29, 2016

The defense and commonwealth agreed to have eight pre-trial motions before the trial begins.

I believe this makes it more likely that the trial will actually start on the intended date.

Sentencing today at 2pm. JM is facing life.

Jesse Matthew to be sentenced in brutal attack on woman in Fairfax
October 2 2015

The man accused of killing college students Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington is scheduled to be sentenced Friday on a separate conviction for abducting, sexually assaulting and attempting to kill a woman in Fairfax in 2005.

A judge could sentence Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 33, of Charlottesville, to up to life in prison during the hearing in Fairfax County Circuit Court. Matthew, who has never spoken publicly about the crimes of which he has been accused, will also be given an opportunity to address the court if he chooses.

I'm going to try and go to this today. I asked my boss 15 minutes ago and haven't heard back. Everyone wish me luck!!!!!

@AugensteinWTOP & @lfrenchnews are tweeting live from Fairfax.

It is PACKED in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Underway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members