JLM: Psych Thread - Professional and Non-Professional Opinions/Theories

I will make an somewhat obvious conclusion that does not necessarily need to be said. In a similar way that a time line can be developed and a list of potential victims may be developed may I suggest that we make a list of rational, factual statements and arrange them in some logical order to see how as a whole the list is read to arrive at a general and mostly valid statement. There is no point to be made or argued but statements. If there is a need and substantial information to the contrary of a sentence then list it as false or true then we can conclude which it is and still add to a logical list of sentences.

Once this is done, you may apply a common tool to drill down to fundamentals. The tools name is "5 whys". The "5 whys" are questions about the statement that lead to a more detailed answer. Each response leads to another question until a fundamental is arrived as a root cause.
From this list is another list of root causes.

For now, lets start with statements then after a period time only to allow the list to develop do you start or consider a 5 why statement exercise.

This may seem like it belongs in the Thread "What do we know about JLM" however, it is expected to lead to a fundamental root cause involving biology, environment, opportunity, personal decision, etc that all form the psychological analysis. Once root cause is established, then specific recommendations may be made that is part of the product of a good web sleuth team. Everyone's contribution is meaningful whether professional or intuitive.

For example.

1. JLM is observed socializing with a group of girls. True or False.
2. JLM's Christian faith was encouraged by at least one family member.
3. JLM made several attempts to enter bars near 1AM range.
4. JLM was barred from entry from at least one bars as a result of his assertive and intrusive behavior with women.
5. JLM has done some bad things to young women repeatedly and that is not normal for a person within the same community. True (less than 3% population & (DNA evidence demonstrates a potential correlation)
6. What JLM has done has gone undetected for many years. (DNA evidence demonstrates a potential correlation)
7. To a rational person it would seem that JLM must have had a slight notion that his thoughts and feelings were going beyond the boundaries. (pending psycho. exam .....)
8. He was able to control himself for a period of time in a structured community/public environment. (friends and family impression of him and his ability to work and go to school without obvious harm to anyone)
9. Date Rape drugs are reported and believe to have been used on UVA campus by at least one male. (link to article pending) JLM is suspected of using date rape drugs and has at least an opportunity to access them within his enviornment.
10. JLM"s behavior pattern appears to be like that of a predator. (
11. JLM's tactics in the video when approaching HG for the first time appear swift and focused and effective in gaining confidence.
12. JLM's knows that his actions with HG are considered a violation of rational lawful and common human behavior.
13. JLM"s behavior around certain friends cause them to believe JLM could not commit the crime of sexual assault and murder.
14. JLM's father stated that his son was not the type of person to commit the crime of sexual assault and murder.

We are looking to build a list of obvious statements with brief justification of True or false. Some are obvious and others are assumptions based on pending research or results that we currently do not have a statement of proof but have a high probability based on circumstantial information)

So go ahead and copy the list and add to it your own.

This experiment may lead to interesting results.

Take a close look at this picture on this link. Click on the picture for a blow up and let me know what your impressions are.

http://wvir.images.worldnow.com/images/4928575_G.jpg

from this article.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26669644/past-encounters-with-jesse-matthew-remembered

This is a photo of JLM when he was a taxi driver out on his own giving a ride to several girls who were going to the big fox hunt festival near Charlottesville. I'm not sure he was still with Yellow Cab or Access at that time, but had his own vehicle.

My first impression was "who is the older woman in the car with him? The wife of his benefactor/coach"? Just my first thought..

My first impression was "who is the older woman in the car with him? The wife of his benefactor/coach"? Just my first thought..
Your comment really got me thinking.
1. WHY did these young girls have their picture taken with a taxi driver???? What happened that endeared him to them enough for this happy little picture to be made and saved, and does the blonde in the front really have her arm around him? He also looks stoned to me, JHMO.
And this seems to be his preference - tall girls with long blonde hair.
2. I assumed the girl in the front seat was part of the same group, but she doesn't have on a coat like the other two, and isn't posing or appear like she's about to leave with them. It sure would instill a false sense of security if he went looking for fares with a young girl riding shotgun. (Could this be his GF?).
3. Why did they blank out the front two girls faces, & not the girl riding shotgun???
I am getting a little better idea into how he may have lured unsuspecting girls. JMHO

There is no defense of what I have posted and no issue that I have made a point at making.

SInce you have decided to make a point I will make a this statement. Please simply tell me if this is factual or not "Christian campus are flawlessly disciplined, and all the boys and girls confine to the standards set by the school. Any activity contrary to this only occurs on Big 10 campuses."

If you decide that I am making a point and decide to disagree, that is OK. Consider the spirit of the message that in the end poses a question about environment and opportunity. There is no specific statement or point to consider so deeply. I am a researcher. They are words loosely placed that point to loosely formed ideas and inspire further exploration.

The picture and article I orginially posted was about UVA student's experience with JLM. I believe the picture is demonstrative of JLM ability to place himself within a group of young college girls whether on his campus as a football player, a cab driver around UVA or, socializing in a bar/club environment.

I hear what your saying, you don't have to keep explaining it. Its just in my opinion I disagree with that line of logic having as much impact on him as you believe it did. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I misunderstood.

You see it your way, I see it mine. No reason to walk in circles around the issue. We can agree to disagree.

pretty sure having a scholarship from that school likely was a big motivation for going there initially - as well as his good friend attending there as well!

I think you might have misunderstood Paulap.

I was responding to the fact that I don't believe football was the biggest factor into making JM into a rapist and serial killer. Nothing to do with why he chose the school.

1. WHY did these young girls have their picture taken with a taxi driver???? What happened that endeared him to them enough for this happy little picture to be made and saved, and does the blonde in the front really have her arm around him? He also looks stoned to me, JHMO.
2. I assumed the girl in the front seat was part of the same group, but she doesn't have on a coat like the other two, and isn't posing or appear like she's about to leave with them. It sure would instill a false sense of security if he went looking for fares with a young girl riding shotgun. (Could this be his GF?).
3. Why did they blank out the front two girls faces, & not the girl riding shotgun???
I am getting a little better idea into how he may have lured unsuspecting girls. JMHO

1. They were young and drinking.
3. She's the girl who posted the photos and was interviewed on TV/newspaper about their ride with JLM.

1. They were young and drinking.
3. She's the girl who posted the photos and was interviewed on TV/newspaper about their ride with JLM.
Thanks SolVol:
1. Haha, yep, it's been a while.
3. That's is possible.

My impression: After reading Dr. Fracher's articles, I'd say he was planning. He has his eyes on the girl with the long blonde hair in the front, and he has plans. I think these girls feel safe because there are 3 of them, but he knows if he can separate them, or give them his cards for "free" rides, he may have opportunity at a later date. Knowing what I know now, I'd say he's in full predator mode. Looking as harmless and innocent as he possibly can, all the while planning. JMO

When I look at this picture, I wonder how many times did JLM do this and what was the opportunity for Hannah to have been with a group of girls looking for a ride and encountering JLM ? Could that be a reason why JLM was easily accepted into her personal space while walking ?

from this article.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26669644/...hew-remembered

When I look at this picture, I wonder how many times did JLM do this and what was the opportunity for Hannah to have been with a group of girls looking for a ride and encountering JLM ? Could that be a reason why JLM was easily accepted into her personal space while walking ?

from this article.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26669644/...hew-remembered

I think this is possible. A poster a while back (I am SO sorry I don't remember who...was it otto? human?) said that perhaps JM had given out his number to groups of girls at some point earlier (giving out number to random people has been reported via link here somewhere). Maybe she had called his number that night. Maybe her friends texted her his number when they found out she was lost ("series" of texts had been exchanged between her and friends as reported by LE) So maybe he told her he was at Tempo- and he left there to go find her. Hence, the Sal's vid where we see him take note of her, then start the follow, then catch up quickly with her. And he's friendly, and she with him.

Only thing I'm a little confused about with that scenario is that it seems the friends would have immediately been able to identify JM to LE. Right? I mean, they'd have his name and number. They'd be able to say "We gave this to HG on Sat. night". But there are a couple of days even after she was reported missing that LE waits to identify JM. Only explanation for this when looking at above scenario, IMO, is that LE was in fact playing some strategic mind games, hoping JM would come forward, hoping other witnesses could confirm he actually left with her, etc. But they already strongly were concerned he was the perp based on the taxi call info. :thinking: MOO

I think this is possible. A poster a while back (I am SO sorry I don't remember who...was it otto? human?) said that perhaps JM had given out his number to groups of girls at some point earlier (giving out number to random people has been reported via link here somewhere). Maybe she had called his number that night. Maybe her friends texted her his number when they found out she was lost ("series" of texts had been exchanged between her and friends as reported by LE) So maybe he told her he was at Tempo- and he left there to go find her. Hence, the Sal's vid where we see him take note of her, then start the follow, then catch up quickly with her. And he's friendly, and she with him.

Only thing I'm a little confused about with that scenario is that it seems the friends would have immediately been able to identify JM to LE. Right? I mean, they'd have his name and number. They'd be able to say "We gave this to HG on Sat. night". But there are a couple of days even after she was reported missing that LE waits to identify JM. Only explanation for this when looking at above scenario, IMO, is that LE was in fact playing some strategic mind games, hoping JM would come forward, hoping other witnesses could confirm he actually left with her, etc. But they already strongly were concerned he was the perp based on the taxi call info. :thinking: MOO

If you'll recall one of the early press conferences after Hannah's disappearance, Chief Longo remarked that Jesse Matthew was "known" to LE. Of course this might simply mean that he was known based on his misdemeanor traffic and other infractions or it might mean that which you have suggested. You may also recall that he initially did not name JM, but provided information (video, car description) and others named him first. Tim Longo is a very, very sharp guy....

If you'll recall one of the early press conferences after Hannah's disappearance, Chief Longo remarked that Jesse Matthew was "known" to LE. Of course this might simply mean that he was known based on his misdemeanor traffic and other infractions or it might mean that which you have suggested. You may also recall that he initially did not name JM, but provided information (video, car description) and others named him first. Tim Longo is a very, very sharp guy....

Chief Longo really stands out as exemplary LE, hands down.

You may also recall that he initially did not name JM, but provided information (video, car description) and others named him first. Tim Longo is a very, very sharp guy....
Agreed, and would also add he has learned from past experience. In the case of the Charlottesville rapist, Longo and the department were named in a lawsuit brought by a man who was arrested and held in jail for several days until DNA evidence cleared his name. Since the last name of that man is shared by JLM (don't know if he's related or not and will not investigate, per WS terms), I'm sure Longo was especially careful this time.

IMO, JM has an alcohol and possibly drug problem. It's been reported he has issues with knowing his boundaries around women (and I've known my share of this type), and alcohol/drugs may loosen his inhibitions even lower to the point he can no longer control himself. In that picture of him at Tempo the night HG disappeared, he looked over the top drunk/high.

Probably due to permissions by each to post the photo on the news. If they didn't have permission from the girls, they blank out the faces. Nothing sinister going on here imho.

What I see is JM's probably had LD's all his life but I think his street smarts are his best assets. He's' wily as a fox' . He used his jobs to his advantage.He worked for yellow cab,access cab;until he got fists full of traffic tickets and reprimanded for stopping women and offering them free rides. Then he gets a van and opens his own taxi business . We know he worked as a patient transporter at 2 different facilities and had multiple judgements against his income. Meanwhile,he's assaulting and killing young women while maintaining his lifestyle;routinely drinking and prowling for victims. These were conscious acts and I feel planned. He felt so confident that he didn't need to tell a soul and he could continue to 'play the game' . This is an organized SK and like many of you I believe has been doing this for many years;sad we will never know how many victims and bodies he's accumulated. I'm sure he believes if he denies all of it,no one can prove it. I truly believe he keeps 'trophies' from his victims ,so he can relive his crimes. MH shirt wasn't laying around for months;it had to have been put there to be found,probably as a taunt to LE;' look what I did'and
possibly shift the blame to others. He is perfectly sane,aware of everything he's done. I wouldn't be surprised to hear there were more than 20 victims,and I bet that he can recall who, when,where, and how;JM's learning disabilities don't apply here. He's a wolf in sheep clothing. My hope is that his trophies are found,to connect him,charge him and give the families closure.

What I see is JM's probably had LD's all his life but I think his street smarts are his best assets. He's' wily as a fox' . He used his jobs to his advantage.He worked for yellow cab,access cab;until he got fists full of traffic tickets and reprimanded for stopping women and offering them free rides. Then he gets a van and opens his own taxi business . We know he worked as a patient transporter at 2 different facilities and had multiple judgements against his income. Meanwhile,he's assaulting and killing young women while maintaining his lifestyle;routinely drinking and prowling for victims. These were conscious acts and I feel planned. He felt so confident that he didn't need to tell a soul and he could continue to 'play the game' . This is an organized SK and like many of you I believe has been doing this for many years;sad we will never know how many victims and bodies he's accumulated. I'm sure he believes if he denies all of it,no one can prove it. I truly believe he keeps 'trophies' from his victims ,so he can relive his crimes. MH shirt wasn't laying around for months;it had to have been put there to be found,probably as a taunt to LE;' look what I did'and
possibly shift the blame to others. He is perfectly sane,aware of everything he's done. I wouldn't be surprised to hear there were more than 20 victims,and I bet that he can recall who, when,where, and how;JM's learning disabilities don't apply here. He's a wolf in sheep clothing. My hope is that his trophies are found,to connect him,charge him and give the families closure.

I hope he is easily charged and Gambos will not be able to sustain a defense or delay in closure. To me, Gambos appears had been in the prosecutor's office for a long time. He has questionable methods that are expressed by the public during his reelection that he lost. he retains a lot of insight into the local judicial system to make an effective defense.

What will be Gambos approach in the courts. I suppose we will see how well he plays in Fairfax as second seat. In my opinion, I believe it will be several years before closure is arrived at for the remaining cases.

Did you see this article? http://www.wset.com/story/26669474/classmate-of-jesse-matthews-speaks-out

One of JM's classmates from LU say's JM is basically slow and she would help him with his school work.

Coral Eugene Watts killed a lot of women and Watts suffered from mild mental retardation with a I.Q. of 75 and he had a delusional thought process. He also had a 3rd grade reading level when he was 16.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back