jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #49 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun. I will be gone 8 days. 8 days :what::what: My Mister doesn't mind the time i spend here. Thus the rule when we vacation-no electronics. This will be tough. I see many cocktails next week lol

No freaking way! You must be allowed your own time for at least 3 - 4 hours a day!

I almost forgot about it but wasn't it brilliant that JM brought in her journal entries (with her hand-writing) AND THEN the magazines. I didn't even think about whether the magazine messages were written by her. I just assumed it to be true. That was masterful.

moo

Speaking of Arias's "journals" she testified she doesn't consider someone reading her journals .. presumably without her knowlege/consent .. to be a crime ergo she would not call police.

What if the journals were stolen like Travis claims his were? Would that be a crime?

http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp

:furious:

Re-watching some testimony and I swear Nurmi and Wilmott (sp?) are nodding , making signals ( pre-arranged?) while she testifies.

Really?!? Could that prompt a mistrial? :what:

Have fun. I will be gone 8 days. 8 days :what::what: My Mister doesn't mind the time i spend here. Thus the rule when we vacation-no electronics. This will be tough. I see many cocktails next week lol

Have plenty and chill. Don't want to be reading about you here on WS. :)

The women said they are also heartbroken for Alexander's family.

"They have to relive this every day. They hear their brother's voice, they see their brother's handwriting. They see pictures of him. I've always said nobody deserves to die that way, you know, because it was horrible," Bering said. "So I think about them a lot. And I know that it's very hard for them because they see us over there and we're supporting the person that took their brother's life. But I wish that I could tell them, you know, that I really feel for them."

Lol really? Smirking and note passing and running out of the courtroom do not indicate this.

I just know that there is NO WAY after she allegedly caught him "M" to a photo of a young boy, walked IN on him...then moved and angel on the dresser (her sex vs religion thing she does with each sex lie to maybe make it sacrilegious ?) she then leaves so sick to her stomach, so traumatized at the site of that she vomits everywhere gets a migraine.

Then a couple hours later engaged in a NORMAL text conversation with him about trading cars.

This is one of the most obvious lies to date. If I caught a man I was dating "M" to photos of boys, I would skip the angel re-arranging in the room, or I might hurl it his head and knock him out. I'd walk out and never speak to him again. That's it, over, done.

YOU don't chit chat later about cars unless its a squad car to pick him up!
I think its just another way of destroying Travis. It's likely, in my opinion, religion was always at the forefront and would have been her primary manipulator - both to keep him baited and to punish him.
---------
It took me nearly a year and a lot of therapy to reconcile what my ex had done and I only became aware once he was in prison for another crime. Had I had even so much as an inkling, (we were going through a divorce) there is absolutely nothing that would have, could have, stopped me from going to authorities, warning my SIL, and informing our family court judge. ;) My ex was abusive and while I feared him, I would have relished having something to keep him away from kiddos and myself too. It would have been her escape card from abuse.

I don't believe Jodi either but, probably because of my experiences, I find her all the more revolting for not informing anyone and everyone around her of her concerns had the account been true.

JMO

If I were a juror my eyes would never leave her. She's fascinating...and id feel safe giving her the "hairy eyeball stare down" every minute ... Since she's wearing the shock thingy!

ITA! I can't believe the jury won't look at her. Like you're not gonna slow down and peek at the wreck on the side of the road? Yeah, right.

I almost forgot about it but wasn't it brilliant that JM brought in her journal entries (with her hand-writing) AND THEN the magazines. I didn't even think about whether the magazine messages were written by her. I just assumed it to be true. That was masterful.

moo

I was thinking the same thing! So not only did he bring in stuff like the "naughty fanatasies," but we also got a good look at her handwriting. When he showed the notes in the magazines -- no question that Jodi wrote it.

I hesitate to keep bringing up Diane Downs, but she also had a journal that sounded amazingly like Jodi's, including references to all the guys that hit on her. She had it all planned that people would one day read it and made a big point of letting the cops know she had a journal. It's in Ann Rule's book Small Sacrifices.

I also wanted to say that I thought Jodi was probably guilty before the trial started, but having seen her testimony, I'm SURE OF IT. There is nothing like seeing her actually on the stand. Not sure what her lawyer's were thinking. Maybe they didn't have a choice.

I do feel sorry for the defendant: She should have stopped right there on the Monterey Peninsula, and gone no further. She should have rented a room, got a job, enrolled in Monterey Peninsula College, and pursued her art and photography. Instead she thought sex and a man were ways to a good life, I suppose.

I can't figure her out. Sure would like to read her journal, I bet it's an eye opener.

My feeling sorry for her stops right after she borrowed those gas cans though. I've so sympathy for the brutal way or the killing of TA.

I do think the journal would probably show her mind set that lead to the killing of TA.

I'm leaning a bit towards that she thought she loved TA and she mistook or would not see that his sex with her was not love. When she figured it out, that she could no longer engage him in the sex , she became enraged.

I do think she needed mental health intervention a long time ago.

Just popping in to say that I think Juan is doing very nicely restraining himself with her "evading the question" answers.

When asked if she thought her braids were "hot", this image came to mind
tumblr_m5nrbks8wH1rxlmf0o1_500.gif

:laughcry:

Watching IS replaying from yesterday and hoping that the jury is watching JA during her testimony to see her smirks and smiles which shows such attitude. From the firsthand accounts, it seems that the jury doesn't look straight at her at times but they will be missing so much of her self-purported strength against a superior prosecutor.

I cannot imagine a normal person displaying that attitude if you were fighting for your life. I think Flores is absolutely masterful in pulling off Jodi's veil.

BBM

I hope not. I don't want anything to cause a mistrial.

He's a business consultant and gets calls constantly, vacation or not. I don't mind. He has an app for his Droid so I can plug in and listen en route if necessary.

Yes, we DO spend some quiet time with each other. But electronics are a must for him, so I can get away with it, too.

Lucky you!!!! I made the stinking rule as hubby has his own biz. No biz calls. What was i thinking???? I could post a sign when on the beach reading-any WS's members please check in here :seeya:

I heard someone say on one of the HLN shows yesterday that there were "letters in which Travis confessed to being a pedophile" but that they had been found to be forgeries. And somehow Matt was at the center of that.

Can someone explain that? I am kind of new to the case, and have never heard about that. TIA!

Jodi had no emotional attachment to Travis (or to anyone) and has distanced herself even further from him. She sees Travis as the cause of allllllll her troubles (because she won't accept blame for her own actions). She is angry with Travis for causing her all this trouble. She has also adopted "prison lingo".

AND prison ACTIVITY!! The messages in the magazine made my jaw drop!!
She has been in that court room for days and days painting herself to be a whiny, frail, innocent, little victim (lowered chair and all) and yesterday we saw that she's not so feeble!

IS is reporting the defense has filed in supreme court today for an "interlocking stay". Meaning they dont think this should be a death penalty trial.

Are yall listening to IS? Jean just said DT just filed something to remove the DP from the trial?

I'm getting to a point where I'm kind of surprised that JA's defense was that the stabbing and shooting was part of some violent sex-thrill that was totally Travis' idea.

"Well after 26 stabbings he seemed to still be enjoying it and then after 27 he wouldn't move. I thought he'd fell asleep so I left."

I wouldn't have put it past her.

Breaking news on this case per jinkasaures on IS

Defense has filed paperwork with the Supreme court asking that the "aggravating" factors for death penalty not be pursued any further in this case as JA has testified she shot TA first therefore there were no aggravating factors to lead to death penalty (hope I got that translation right)

matt has been a busy poster on pro jodi sites - and has basically said things that could impune his reputation and show he is not a trustworthy witness, if martinez cross examines him

Why on earth does anybody think MM would a) support Jodi and b) take the time to publicly support her?

IS is reporting the defense has filed in supreme court today for an "interlocking stay". Meaning they dont think this should be a death penalty trial.

Yep! They are saying that the dp should be dropped because Flores perjured himself about the gunshot coming last, and JA testified that it came first. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua